PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors camping with guns???

ranger250x
03-15-2009, 10:57 PM
so later this week i am going camping for three days with 5 of my friends. since i dont know the area of Alabama we are camping in i suggested that i bring my shotgun. i would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. my friends are really opposed to this idea; except for one, who usually is a cautious person anyways. what are your thoughts on this?

EDIT: i just saw there is a hunting/outdoors section now....any mods want to help?????

Slomaro Z28
03-15-2009, 11:35 PM
I would take it, unless there will be heavy drinking.....the 2 don't mix well. A guy I work with went with his buddies years back and had a .45, they got wasted and heard "something", one tried to pull the gun out and pulled the trigger....the bullet went through my co-workers butt and into another one of their friends wrist and broke it. They are lucky it didn't kill one of them.

_Christian_
03-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Do your friends feel uncomfortable around guns, in general, or just uncomfortable around you with a gun?

Slomaro Z28
03-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Do your friends feel uncomfortable around guns, in general, or just uncomfortable around you with a gun?

:lmfao:

Danny
03-16-2009, 08:52 AM
so later this week i am going camping for three days with 5 of my friends. since i dont know the area of Alabama we are camping in i suggested that i bring my shotgun. i would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. my friends are really opposed to this idea; except for one, who usually is a cautious person anyways. what are your thoughts on this?

EDIT: i just saw there is a hunting/outdoors section now....any mods want to help?????

sounds like you need new friends. Check state law (and local if they apply) then take a gun with you. Not only for the animals, but there are some weirdos in the mountains man.

Danny
03-16-2009, 08:54 AM

excellent point.

ash7
03-16-2009, 09:14 AM
I would take it, unless there will be heavy drinking.....the 2 don't mix well.
Good advice

I'd bring it regardless however. It foolish to wander out in the woods without a method to protect yourself.

If you have something smaller that you could conceal from your friends, I'd bring that instead. I never go camping/hiking without some type of firearm - unless it's in a state park.

-jonathan

Danny
03-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Good advice

I'd bring it regardless however. It foolish to wander out in the woods without a method to protect yourself.

If you have something smaller that you could conceal from your friends, I'd bring that instead. I never go camping/hiking without some type of firearm - unless it's in a state park.

-jonathan

why not in state parks, its perfectly legal.

ash7
03-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Usually the only time i go to an actual state park is for bigger group camping trips... which then the gun stays locked in the car and not on my person.

I like to backpack where there are no trails - which is why stay away from state parks. They prefer one sticks to the path.

-jonathan

SL65AMG
03-16-2009, 11:19 AM
if you're camping out of your car take the shotgun, if you're hiking, take a pistol.

and yes its very legal now....

white24d
03-16-2009, 11:35 AM
depending on the state, check the laws.

ranger250x
03-16-2009, 12:02 PM

i would like to think it is just around guns. hahaha they know im safe with firearms being that i was in the Marines as Infantry.

I had asked this same question on another forum and the answers are pretty much the same. i'm goin to check the laws in Alabama and see if there is any conflicts with bringing a gun

thanks for all the advice

Slow450rKid
03-26-2009, 11:20 PM
i would like to think it is just around guns. hahaha they know im safe with firearms being that i was in the Marines as Infantry.

I had asked this same question on another forum and the answers are pretty much the same. i'm goin to check the laws in Alabama and see if there is any conflicts with bringing a gun

thanks for all the advice

You're not supposed to have a gun in state parks but other than that it should be ok.

LQQKITZME
03-26-2009, 11:25 PM
You're not supposed to have a gun in state parks but other than that it should be ok.

True.. and the thing about the shot gun is its turkey season so if your out there and DNR pulls up your screwed! Better to have a pistol.

SKarpenz
03-27-2009, 12:23 AM
In Georgia its perfectly legal to have a firearm in state parks now, including concealed carry.

Danny
03-27-2009, 08:16 AM

Its perfectly legal in Georgia, and has been for almost a year now.

ka24boost
04-04-2009, 03:08 PM
That law have been over turn because people were worry about poaching in the state parks. Check you federal laws

81911SC
04-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Show a link.

SKarpenz
04-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah, show links. Because they cannot just "overturn" something like that overnight.

Danny
04-04-2009, 11:27 PM
how would the feds regulate a STATE park? Doesnt make any sense. Yes, national parks you are not aloud to carry in but thats completely different.

SL65AMG
04-05-2009, 11:47 AM
how would the feds regulate a STATE park? Doesnt make any sense. Yes, national parks you are not aloud to carry in but thats completely different.

exactly

ranger250x
04-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Verdict: I took the shotgun with and my friends were quite happy with that decision once we got way back into the woods. Our friend we know in that part of AL(near Birmingham), said he has had a few run-ins with meth addicts. After hearing that everyone agreed that the choice to carry arms was a good one. None of the places we visited were national parks and two were state. Alabama has the same laws as georgia on almost everything