PDA

View Full Version : Need Audio Help!!

SPL_Jetta
09-22-2005, 07:30 PM
2 Orion H2's
1 Power Acoustik 3000w amp
1 Audiobahn 2400w amp

This all happened after NOPI nationals and the USAC competition, have not touched system in 3 months FYI

Today I turned on my sound system, and my subs are not working properly, my initial thought is they are blown. They work fine at lower volumes, very low, but as soon as any amount of power get to them, they sound extremely distorted, and the louder you turn them up, the quieter they seem, and the distortion is obvious. They are popping simular effects. I tried both amps individuallyto see if the amps are at fault, and they are not. I hooked up one sub to one amp, and then the same sub to the other amp and im still getting the same problem. They hit alright at volume 1-12 (out of 33) and then after that the distortion becomes really bad. Im feeling that they are blown. I do not think the RCA cables are frayed, but not certain, but i dont see how they would become frayed, i can see about 50% of the RCA cables. The actual subwoofer to amp wires are perfect and i re-did them perfectly. The power circuitry between the batteries and the amps are flawless, only problem is that they cross each other, but they do perpendicularly, but that has never been a problem in the past. None of this makes sense, and the only thing that makes sense is that they are blown. I hope someone can think of something that i missed, anything would help! Thanks

YokotaS13
09-22-2005, 08:26 PM
they are deff blown me thinks

chuck
09-23-2005, 01:54 AM
i've had a similar sounding problem turn out to be a screw that was stuck on the magnet inside the speaker...

i'd just find a friend with a system and hook you subs up to his amp, that'd be the easiest way to narrow it down to either your amp/wires or your sub/box/box wiring

YokotaS13
09-23-2005, 12:29 PM
or take it to someone that knows what they are doing

tluve69
09-23-2005, 02:16 PM
deff. blown dude

SPL_Jetta
09-24-2005, 12:32 AM
Apparently i missed something. . .they are working fine now, after i switched the slave and the master for the RCA's in the amps. That might be it, but i really dont know, maybe the 2nd battery wasnt charged all the way, either way. . .wtf