PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods ITB's on Hondas

Octavious
03-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Anyone know anybody that has tuning experiance with individual throttle bodies on b-series

primespark22
03-14-2009, 06:03 PM
ive seen it on type r's they are costly but very helpful ill find the thread and post it the guy who wrote the thread says the goods and bads bout it

Humphrizzle
03-14-2009, 06:12 PM
mainstream or batlground i suppose.

ejohnson88
03-14-2009, 06:20 PM
just save your money...

scttydb411
03-15-2009, 03:15 AM
replied to your pm.

i have experience/tuned itbs on hondas.

VickNotic
03-15-2009, 08:28 PM
just a thought, I had one time planned on doing a home made ITB setup and etc. But i've heard good & badds about it .. If you plann on daily driving the car w/ITB's is a NONO, because of the various condition of heat/cold/blah blah/ might suck up cottom balls and wat no.. would cause mechanical issues.

and the issue about drastic weather changes can effect daily driven as well. when weather changes.. from winter/summer/fall/spring etc you'll have to get it retune to weather also .. something like that..

other hand unless your building a SICK ass N/A setup then GO for it but if it's all for SHOW & DD only then like another member here said SAVE YOUR $$$

OR unless you were born with a silver spoon and all that good stuff go for it .. 8D

all-mota
03-22-2009, 01:50 PM
i have them on my car and as long as the tune is correct you'll be fine but be cautious of people who say they have plenty on experience tuning them i had people tell me that and i spent way to much money on tuning my car because of people like that.

weather changes affect drivability of the car if the iat and ect correction tables aren't set correctly and it takes alot of time n the dyno to get rid of tip in lean conditions.

also what kind of build are you planning to use them on if it's not something that will benefit from them stick to a intake manifold, for the ease of tuning them and drivablility. and don;t waste time with home made ones i've never seen a set perfrom like they should they just cause problems

Nashville
04-13-2009, 04:10 PM
ITBs are the biggest waste of money unless your motor is 2.0 or bigger.

all-mota
04-13-2009, 04:59 PM

thats the biggest lie in this entire thread. it has nothing to do with the size of the engine. a built 1.6 can benefit from them if all the supporting mods are there

ground_shaki
04-13-2009, 05:03 PM
if it is a dd then dont do it

green91
04-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Just run an air filter if you're that concerned.

speedminded
04-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Clothes smelling like gas is only a good thing when it's race fuel :D

wantboost
04-13-2009, 06:57 PM
LOL, stick to wheels.....

Grimm Reeper
04-14-2009, 07:27 AM
:ninja:

Octavious
04-14-2009, 07:34 AM
from what I've heard and read, it takes a lot of tuning and weather changes are a bitch. Also all the cars I've seen with them run really high compression. It's not looking good....

jdm93civic
04-14-2009, 09:31 AM
I beleive compression that is 11:5 or higher the itbs will benefit. As far as daily driving you can but expect on some days such as humid days the car will run but will be sluggish. The only big concern and the one thing you have to figure out is how to keep dirt and so forth out. Get someone to build a piece that will come on and off easily over the ITBs with a short ram attached with filter and I believe you could run ITBS daily. I have thought about it. But down here in the southeast its really humid. you would want dry heat if any like in arizona for some what of good conditions for DD.

Disclaimer - Not saying this is all true!! Just what I think I could be wrong!

Nashville
04-16-2009, 11:26 PM
LOL, stick to wheels.....

ok

jfman
04-17-2009, 12:30 AM
I have seen people install ITB's from literbikes on Hondas. Cant comment on the reslusts but I have seen it done on a few cars.

Looked like a pretty cheap setup to put together as well but I think it's more show than go.

Black R
04-17-2009, 09:17 AM
so much garbage advice in this thread.

i'd say meet up with someone who has itb's on their car and ride with them + ask them some questions.

at the very least talk it over with scotty.

all-mota
04-18-2009, 08:01 AM
so much garbage advice in this thread.

i'd say meet up with someone who has itb's on their car and ride with them + ask them some questions.

at the very least talk it over with scotty.

exactly meet up with this guy ^^^^ he has throttle bodies on one of his cars.

and he's closer than i am i'm 3 hours south of atl lol

NAIZBST
04-21-2009, 03:32 PM
exactly meet up with this guy ^^^^ he has throttle bodies on one of his cars.

and he's closer than i am i'm 3 hours south of atl lol

yes Ken's car is niiiiccceeee with ITB's....

all-mota
04-21-2009, 05:10 PM
haha yeah i hear that. and i'm not planning to drive all the way to atl anytime soon, but i will be at import showdown