PDA

View Full Version : high gas prices again?

SilverJester
09-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Did anyone else hear that hurricane Rita was going to cause gas prices to rise worse than Katrina did? The news said that even if there is no damage to the oil refineries (sp?) after the storm kits, it would take at least a week to get them back up and running. Apperently there is something like 21 refineries in the way of the storm. Gas prices are expected to rise above $4, so fill em up tonight ;)

quickdodge®
09-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Can someone else please make another goddamn "high gas price" thread? Please? 3, 4, even 5 threads isin't fucking enough. Later, QD.

Cliff
09-22-2005, 05:58 PM
dude you can't talk about QD's funny post being a waste of bandwidth then come make a repost thread...come on now....

SilverJester
09-22-2005, 05:58 PM
I could ad another but I think this one is sufficient. As I don't see any other high gas price threads on page 1 or 2 I don't think there are that many threads on it. And if there are 5 threads on, I'm sorry that I don't for IA and I am not on here 24/7 to monitor which threads are posted.

quickdodge®
09-22-2005, 05:59 PM
and I am not on here 24/7 to monitor which threads are posted.

Well start, then....asshole. Later, QD.

b18hb
09-22-2005, 05:59 PM
how about get gas like you normally would, so that the gas doesn't jump up in price almost instantly. the reason gas prices went up is because of rumors like these and everyone wanting more gas than they'd normlly get within one or two days.

Cliff
09-22-2005, 06:05 PM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=324102#post324102

;)

SilverJester
09-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Well start, then....asshole. Later, QD.
no thanks have a life outside of IA, but I love the childish name calling :goodjob:

how about get gas like you normally would, so that the gas doesn't jump up in price almost instantly. the reason gas prices went up is because of rumors like these and everyone wanting more gas than they'd normlly get within one or two days.
If 21 oil refineries get hit and have to shut down, then we will have some oil troubles regardless of what people do.

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=324102#post324102

;)
ty, I didn't see it, there was no mention of gas in the title

Julio
09-22-2005, 06:11 PM

Is not rumours...

There are 26 plants Around houston... 18 are already shutdown... Meaning major problems for the U.S.. It will take a week to get the plants back going and producing and thats only if no damage has been done.
And if damage is done.. Is going to be ugly.

Gas will hit close to 4 bucks a gallon and Im telling you.. If the plants are damage.. We will see close to 5 bucks a gallon.. Shit, We might see those prices even with no severe damage.. Demand is a bitch sometimes.

So lets hope Rita goes somewhere else or turns into a tropical storm or something.

quickdodge®
09-22-2005, 06:12 PM
no thanks have a life outside of IA, but I love the childish name calling :goodjob:

Cool, then. Later, QD.

Cliff
09-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Julio is the master of all that is gas...pay attention

b18hb
09-22-2005, 08:18 PM
i don't think so. that area isn't our only source of gas. i think the prices will go up quickly if everyone does what they did last time. otherwise, i still think they'll increase, but not nearly to the degree that's being speculated.

TranceDJ06
09-22-2005, 08:19 PM
CNN said..they wont be suprised if atlanta gets upto 5..and thats without price gouging...Serious Energy Crisis.

Julio
09-22-2005, 09:39 PM
i don't think so. that area isn't our only source of gas. i think the prices will go up quickly if everyone does what they did last time. otherwise, i still think they'll increase, but not nearly to the degree that's being speculated.

So dont you know that where that hurricane is (or was) heading is the heart of the U.S. oil-refining industry ?

Even if people Were not acting stupid like they were with katrina, this will still be a bad thing and gas prices will still go up higher then when katrina hit.

Not only does the Hurricane has something to do but the Traders (NYSE) also... Shit.. barrels went up to 68 bucks today and the hurricane hasnt even hit yet...
But it looks like the hurricane may miss the Refiniries wich is a good thing.

Plus theres also a bunch of Chemical plants around that area.. Not a good thing.. Mix all that shit together.. Im sure is not a good mix.

Julio
09-22-2005, 09:41 PM
BTW texas refiniries account for 25% of our oil... (largest in the US)

yeah it wont hurt :rolleyes:

Brett
09-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Yeah I was looking at the track of this and I was thiking it looks like it may miss the main area where all oil is refined, and that is a good thing, so that means if that happens they may be able to get production back in within a few days after which could keep the price impact down, but have no doubt, if they get a direct hit or hit, the prices will be higher then we have ever seen.

Julio
09-22-2005, 09:46 PM
werd.. Rita stays away.. prices wont be as bad! w00t w00t.

Brett
09-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Im trying to see on a map of texas that shows the path where the main area is they are talking about ( The channel that houses most of the oil area's ) so I can see what we are in for.

TranceDJ06
09-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Main area for Gas refineries in texas is in galveston I think?

Julio
09-22-2005, 09:52 PM
Im trying to see on a map of texas that shows the path where the main area is they are talking about ( The channel that houses most of the oil area's ) so I can see what we are in for.

I believe they are mostly right in between Houston & Galveston, Where rita Was suppose to make a direct hit. Crazy if it hits..

Brett
09-22-2005, 09:54 PM
But if I am not mistaken, now they are a good way off the new track right?

Elbow
09-22-2005, 09:55 PM
What will all this do to Petit Le Mans next weekend? Sorry but.... lol

Brett
09-22-2005, 09:57 PM
^^ What would the hurricane have to do with a race in Atlanta?

Elbow
09-22-2005, 10:01 PM
For gas, if there is a crisis would they still race cars that use a lot of race fuel for 10 hours?

£G2♣
09-22-2005, 10:05 PM
damn hurricane now an days

Brett
09-22-2005, 10:08 PM
For gas, if there is a crisis would they still race cars that use a lot of race fuel for 10 hours?

Yeah, just like when Katrina hit and there was a supposed shortage that didnt sop Nascar or indy cars, They race no matter what and they have thier gas already for that race in thier barrels.

Elbow
09-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Ok I was just wondering.

Brett
09-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Races go on no matter what....lol

Elbow
09-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Well I was hoping. It was just last ALMS race with Katrina they cut it short. Now I guess I need to make sure I have gas lol.