PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Auto Show...what are you going for?!

speedminded
03-13-2009, 08:09 PM
The Audi S8 was the most comfortable car I found last year, even if the upgraded Bang & Olufsen sound system was an additional $3k over the already six figure MSRP lol!

The Lexus F-sport accessories had a nice clean look so looking forward to seeing what they have this year.

The BMW's sucked as usual. I despise the Bangle interior...and exterior for that matter, maybe there's something better for the upcoming year(s) now?

The CLS63 AMG is sexy! Rear reclining seats and all. After 15-20 minutes of watching people attempt to find the hood release I went right to it lol! It's German, most like be in a logical spot...just don't think too hard about it!

Jaguar and Land Rover is now owned by Tata, do they come equipped with magic carpets and Genie lamps now?!

I'm sure there will be plenty of interesting exhibits, like the microcars. I bet I'll even be able to laugh at a guy trying to sell me a $20 towel that soaks up a gallon of water :tongue:

EJ25RUN
03-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Do my usual rounds. I hope Subaru will have the new Legacy on a turning display.

Most of the better companies dont come anymore. The last time Porsche was there was 2005.

JITB
03-13-2009, 08:16 PM
im just goin to go...lol i havent been in 4 years!

EJ25RUN
03-13-2009, 08:19 PM
I have been every year since 2000.

integraboi88
03-13-2009, 08:22 PM

Same here.

speedminded
03-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Do my usual rounds. I hope Subaru will have the new Legacy on a turning display.

Most of the better companies dont come anymore. The last time Porsche was there was 2005.Ah yes, the turn tables at the auto shows. I get a kick out of the ones with mirrored floors and the chicks with short dresses wandering around aimlessly on top. They're cute, on the road, and really easy to pick up :boobies:

speedminded
03-15-2009, 05:23 AM
Went there yesterday and it was pretty much bare with virtually nothing ground breaking or new.

The GT-R was right hand drive apparently because they could not locate a LHD here for the show lol!

The Ford F-250 turbo power stroke diesel has 7 radiators/intercoolers/cooling devices up front...SEVEN?! In a few years that truck would be totaled if it hit something that impacted the grill even the slightest bit lol!

All of Fords are cluster fucks under the hood, same as Mazda really. 90% of the wiring is corrugated plastic wrapped in electrical tape. Not even the high quality fabric tape but the cheap vinyl. Wires and vacuum lines EVERYWHERE!

The guy talking about the Lincoln concept car mentioned it had a tiptronic transmission just like supercars like the Mclaren. ohh realllyyy? I find that highly unlikely lol! Assuming he was talking about the SLR since the F1 has a 6 speed manual, that gearbox is hardly a tiptronic with 5 different shifting modes and probably cost as much as that concept car itself haha! Find me a Lincoln that will have Sport, Comfort and Manual modes PLUS Manual-Sport, Manual-Supersport, and Manual-Race settings...capable of holding like 700hp!

One thing cool about the Lincoln concept car was the rotors were attached to the wheel and the caliper was attached to the non-moving portion of the hub, hrmm...very interesting.

The WRX STI seats are awesome! Definitely topped the M3 sedan.

I boycotted Audi because they didn't have an S8 or even an A8.

Not that anyone cares but Hyundai didn't have any of their mini-vans while Honda had 3.

Hyundai's Genesis 4.6 sedan's drivers seat doesn't lower far enough for a tall person.

The Genesis Coupe should come with a twin turbo 4.6 V8. Now that would be sweet!

The Mercedes CLS63 AMG seat switch is broken and only goes up most of the time but does not seem to want to go down. I'll still take it.

The trunk of the Honda Ridgeline is BEGGING for 100lbs of ice and several dozen cases of beer. Somebody make it happen!

Did I mention the seats in the WRX STI...like a warm spot on lonely chilly night.

There's a silver R33 there that looks awfully familiar.

Butler tire doesn't have a booth so no cool modded cars unless you count GodFather Customs rides....errr lol!

The 1933 Buick sedan has a 454 bored 0.30 over with early 90's corvette suspension.

There's 2 companies selling aftermarket HID kits. Don't they know they're 100% illegal? Isn't it a federal crime to even sell them?

Yet another year of no e30 M3 toy models anywhere. The car to win more road races than any other model built and NOBODY ever has a model of it! hmmfff, fine then! lol.

The baddest truck there was a silver 4 door dodge dually but it's blocked off.

Everybody needs a micro car in their garage, or the trunk of their car, or their wives nightstand. I'm sure they will fit in all 4.

If anyone checks out the Smart Cars try lifting the tailgate of the Renntech green metallic riced out one with the blinking lights all over it. Not only does it have a single 10" (?) driver in it but I guess also about 75 lbs of cocaine. How on earth can something that small be so heavy?! Where are the wires going to said speaker?! There's a little harness inside black rubber just large enough to power the license plate lights but I can't figure out what wires are powering the subwoofer?! Is it 24 guage wire lol hidden inside the rubber loom?! I think too much.

The VW CC has clean lines, too bad VW makes it. :tongue:

VW has an engine on display with chrome pistons. I want chrome pistons and a painted alternator.

I'll give anyone $50 to bring me the M3 sedan steering wheel.

The orange camaro's hood has vinyl "carbon fiber" look accents. sad.

There's a black Porsche Carrera 911 variant (maybe 964?) in a blocked off area on the FARR right. PLEASE tell me those aren't single piston rear calipers on the FRONT of that car...they sure look like it. :confused:

oh! There's a car there, a new model, that has either Porsche 930 or 944 brembo calipers on the front and rear of it...I can't recall what car it was though, something domestic I think lol!

Cliffnotes: I want a CLS63 AMG, a C63 AMG, an Acura P1, seats from a WRX STI, a M3 sedan, a F-150 Raptor driving simulator, and the tan blued eyed brunette chick named uhh....aw shit...oh! Krystal in the Ford section.

Mad reps for anyone that can prove [with pics] of going out with her after a show. That is your challenge if you choose to accept it.

ironchef
03-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Went yesterday also.

Thoughts:

- Liked the Genesis Coupe, inside and out. Nice looking car for the money.
- Hated the interior of the new Camaro, its totally craptastic.
- The new Mustang GT, I had some reservations, but in person I think it looks good.
- The seat stitching on the Audi TTS was neat. So was their entire display, with all the cars being white.
- The Acura TL has lots of tech goodies, but wrapped in an ugly package.
- The Genesis Sedan had comfy seats.
- The new Ford Taurus SHO, looked really good imo.
- Still hating BMW interiors.
- ISF looked good, even if it does have fake exhaust pipes.
- The ZR1 looked awesome in person, very aggressive.
- RHD GT-R, kind of a random siting lol.
- Unless I'm totally blind, I didn't see Jaguar at all. I really wanted to check out the XF and XFR.
- Got there in the morning around 10. Nice and not crowded.
- I'd take the Challenger over the Camaro.
- One of the two VW CC's they had on display, had some sweet looking rims.
- Sat in a G37S Sport 6MT, fell in love.
- Back to the TL, the screen (Nav, Audio, etc) the car had was amazing, very clear and crisp. It was better than all the other screens that I saw that were on.
- CTS-V looked hot in person.
- Kia Soul looked funky and cool. Would definitely take that over a Scion, any day.

That wraps it up I think.

Like speedminded said, there wasn't anything really ground breaking. I wanted to check out the Volt, but there wasn't one there unless once again I'm totally blind.

DSGMach1
03-16-2009, 11:41 AM
The seats in the challenger blow. I wasn't impressed at all.

Definitely want a SVT Raptor. 6.2 dohc modular ftw

Less than impressed with interior of the camaro.

The jury is still out on the '10 Mustang but its growing on me. I think the huge plastic thing on the bottom of the rear bumper looks like crap.

Didn't realize how small the Audi R8 was. Wish I could have sat in it. Cool looking car though.

I liked the AMG's. Always fun to sit in a $100k+ car and fart then close the door because you'll never own one.

Kamikaze
03-16-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm going tomorrow. I keep hearing that it's so-so as far as the cars and displays go.

AirMax95
03-16-2009, 12:28 PM
I have 3 VIP passes compliments of the best fucking Audi dealership on the coast!

.blank cd
03-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Ill bring you that steering wheel for 500, no BS