PDA

View Full Version : Sports Colloge Football

Master Shake
03-13-2009, 01:35 PM
who's everyone going for next season?

i'm gonna pull for my team of about 4 years, Florida Gators.
making the choice now, saying they'll take the SEC East again.

NAMNORI
03-13-2009, 02:25 PM
NO NO NO NO NO I think if anyone takes the east it will be Alabama. I dont wannahear a damn thing im a DAWGS fan through and through but i think the Gators are fall flat on thier faces is year!

Captain-Obvious™
03-13-2009, 02:40 PM
learn to spell

Frög
03-13-2009, 02:44 PM
PUBLIC EDUCATION = FAIL

Master Shake
03-13-2009, 03:06 PM
NO NO NO NO NO I think if anyone takes the east it will be Alabama. I dont wannahear a damn thing im a DAWGS fan through and through but i think the Gators are fall flat on thier faces is year!you do know that alabama lost like 9 of their starting players at the end of last year right?
and florida only lost 1.
this coming up year, just might be like it was last year. however, the season afterwards, they won't be on top like they have been.

and dude, use some punctuation and whatnot man, its like reading something a 5th grader just typed out.

BanginJimmy
03-13-2009, 05:18 PM
NO NO NO NO NO I think if anyone takes the east it will be Alabama.

I cant belive no one caught this. Bama is in the west you idiot. Florida has a VERY easy schedule this coming year so they should run through the regular season very easily. I'm guessing we will see Florida playing either OU or Texas in the NC. I'll take Colt McCoy and thr longhorns over the Gaytors too.

Oh and my team will be licking Baylors nutsack they will be so bad. We really need to get rid of Fraud Rodriguez.

Master Shake
03-13-2009, 06:06 PM
what team you go for?

tippatone
03-13-2009, 06:10 PM
FSU (Florida State)

BanginJimmy
03-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Michigan Wolverines. Yea I know we suck ass. We need to play florida so we can win a bowl game, of course that would entail us getting to a bowl game which isnt happening next year anyways.

nsany(atl)
03-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Bama only had 9 Sr's on the team, and they have had the #1 recruiting class in the nation 2 years in a row.

FlipKing
03-13-2009, 09:04 PM
I have very subdued hopes for UGA. Lost Like 80% of our offense. :( we'll see. OH and YAY SPORTS SECTION. you guys are welcome :)

Infamous_1
03-13-2009, 10:23 PM
idk this is kind of debatable. havent really seen any young stars rise since all the prime nfl ready players are leaving.

Master Shake
03-14-2009, 04:45 PM
idk this is kind of debatable. havent really seen any young stars rise since all the prime nfl ready players are leaving.this is very debatable. i know a lot of people aren't happy with florida, and most think bama is the best, which i mean,
they had a good team last year, i just don't know if they're gonna be as good this year. but in a next few
years to follow they will get better, cause i know they have a lot of new recruits they will be ready in a year or 2 and as long as their coach keeps doing his thing, they'll be doing good.
Gators are gonna have a lot of work to do after teabow leaves. so the season after this coming up,
they will NOT be taking any bowl games, as least i don't think they will, but i hope they
will prove me wrong and take it all once again.

FlipKing
03-14-2009, 05:40 PM
AJ Green, UGA has 2 good young QB's and a steady senior to lead the way.

Master Shake
03-14-2009, 06:15 PM
AJ Green, UGA has 2 good young QB's and a steady senior to lead the way.UGA had a good team last year,
i think this next season they might not do as good, but they do got some rising players that will be help the team out a good bit.
stafford did a good job, but i want to see how his replacement will do.

and wtf is up with the long ass line when typing?:screwy:

NewGen33
03-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Oklahoma State: They have almost all of their roster coming back. Opening season game is against UGA in stillwater come get some.

FlipKing
03-14-2009, 06:48 PM
I was at the game when UGA beat O-state in Athens. I saw Knowshons first game. great stuff.

BB6dohcvtec
03-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Gators for the repeat.

BanginJimmy
03-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Gaytors lost the best player on the team. Harvin was the difference between OU and FL this year and he is gone yext year. Florida still wins the SEC and they may goto the NCG because of the media's love for Tebow, but they dont win it this year.

bigdare23
03-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Going to root for the home team.... GT

The did great for a team with a new offense. Then the punks got cocky and fell flat on their faces. Hopefully this wakes their butts up. I actually sees them taking the ACC unless Miami has a break thru season like some are predicting.

As for the SEC, I believe Bama is going to take it. The have the best recruiting class this year and if they have heart, they should be a team on a mission after last year horrible ending.

BB6dohcvtec
03-24-2009, 02:45 PM
lol lets see andre debose incoming freshman who will see alot of PT(make sure you get to know that name) Demp, Rainey who can be a hybrid wr/rb, Emmanuel Moody who will get alot more playing time. The entire starting Defense is coming back. come on stop it you know whats up deep down inside. Gators repeating is where its at.

BB6dohcvtec
03-24-2009, 02:46 PM
oh yea go to youtube and watch andre debose highlight videos he kind of reminds you of the player you just mentioned.

Master Shake
03-24-2009, 02:53 PM
i think gators are gonna go for the repeat.
they may have lost harvin, but look how well they did when played against bama for
the sec title. the played hard and took the game in the 2nd half.

harvin leaving will play some role into their games, but i think they have a good backup
where his loss won't have much affect on the rest of the team.

ulbsry02
03-24-2009, 06:51 PM
ITS GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!!

FlipKing
03-24-2009, 07:00 PM
well, maybe if tebow cries again,lololol

Master Shake
03-24-2009, 07:02 PM
well, maybe if tebow cries again,lolololthat was showing heart.

FlipKing
03-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Herschel never cried, he made chuck norris cry. true story

ShooterMcGavin
03-24-2009, 08:38 PM
too soon to tell

HypnoToad
03-24-2009, 10:25 PM
GT is gonna do big things,i cant wait

Master Shake
03-24-2009, 10:40 PM
maybe for the ACC. i just hoping miami will start playing better.

ulbsry02
03-25-2009, 12:23 AM
give MIA couple season they could be NC material

BanginJimmy
03-25-2009, 02:38 PM
You can look at measurablesall day long and it will do you no good. Florida has alot of fast players, but none of them are in the same league as Harvin. Demps is probably the closest and he is half the threat that Harvin is.

Bama has ALOT to show me before I will give them much respect. They lost their QB, their Left tackle, and several other role players. I think they come back from everything else except for QB. They lose 3 games this year and are in the SECCG.

Master Shake
03-25-2009, 06:08 PM
^exactly! bama lost 9 sr's and just about all of them were starters.
miami has the capabilities to do well, they just need to get their shit together and do it.
and i think florida will do just fine without harvin. they still got good passing, and some
good option plays, but soon i think other teams are gonna start to catch on so hopefully,
their season will play out better than what i'm expecting, and i'm kinda expecting some good shit from them.

FlipKing
03-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Georgia lost a starting WR, RB, and QB :( gonna be a long year. Altho we should be ok at RB, and WR with Green getting thrown to more.

wannab20hatch
03-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Im a GA fan through and through but since its a "rebuilding" year im gonna pull hard for Texas Tech. I think they got screwed hard last year. Even though they lost Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree i think theyll be ok.

And a grown ass man crying doesnt show "heart". Tebow blows

BB6dohcvtec
03-26-2009, 09:21 AM
shows heart to me seeing after that speech that won 10 straight including the National Championship and now there is a plaque now of his state outside the stadium of that speech. You must not watch alot of UF football because demps is just demps not even close to being compared to Harvin, actually nobody is but if you have to, I use the formula speed+elusive and that = Rainey and Debose all day.

Master Shake
03-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Georgia lost a starting WR, RB, and QB :( gonna be a long year. Altho we should be ok at RB, and WR with Green getting thrown to more.the QB is gonna be good though. he may not have the arm that stafford had, but he has the accuracy that stafford didn't have.
should be a pretty decent season for them.

FlipKing
03-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Which QB do you refer? The senior that knows the system very well or the young soph more Gray who is athletic. Or the other guy from Florida....Murray I think?

Master Shake
03-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Which QB do you refer? The senior that knows the system very well or the young soph more Gray who is athletic. Or the other guy from Florida....Murray I think?shit i can't think of his name right off hand, give me a sec to find out.
he will be replacing stafford though.

Master Shake
03-26-2009, 02:14 PM
i want to say his name is logan gray.

FlipKing
03-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Thats the sophmore. We also have a Senior Joe Cox that played with massaqoui in south carolina. He knows the system and I think will win the job.

Master Shake
03-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Thats the sophmore. We also have a Senior Joe Cox that played with massaqoui in south carolina. He knows the system and I think will win the job.that might be him, i'm not sure. i dont' keep up with GA that much, just know they got a qb that is gonna be good.

FlipKing
03-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Lol, Cox- Senior, knows the system, not the greatest physically. Think Game manager.
Gray- athletic, plays everywhere, WR, S, KR. Sophmore
Murray- Think freshman stafford. Big arm, Accurate. Just young

Master Shake
03-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Lol, Cox- Senior, knows the system, not the greatest physically. Think Game manager.
Gray- athletic, plays everywhere, WR, S, KR. Sophmore
Murray- Think freshman stafford. Big arm, Accurate. Just youngits one of those guys. i think he's either a soph. or jr. not sure on it. but he's a lot like stafford but more accurate.

FlipKing
03-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Murray is a Freshman. To be honest. I'll thinmk Cox will win it just because of his experiece. Gray and Murray need to sit and learn IMO

Master Shake
03-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Murray is a Freshman. To be honest. I'll thinmk Cox will win it just because of his experiece. Gray and Murray need to sit and learn IMOits what its all about, the learning process. since murray is a feshman, give him a year or 2 and he will be playing, i say, all the games. that is if he can do well under pressure and get some good passes/handoffs.

FlipKing
03-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I just think Cox this year, Gray next year and maybe the year after, then Murray. But how knows, depends on learning curve. AJ Green will make everyone better tho

Master Shake
03-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I just think Cox this year, Gray next year and maybe the year after, then Murray. But how knows, depends on learning curve. AJ Green will make everyone better thomurray just might be the starter when he becomes a jr, if he can get him game right, and play well under pressure and not stress out so much.
we'll just have to see how it goes.

JTM
04-09-2009, 10:24 PM
I like UGA. No more "celebrities" on their team. Stafford and Moreno was all entertainment. I enjoyed them being at UGA, but I THINK they was just trying to raise their draft stock. I like this year's team because they're not depending on "2" players. AJ Green is a Beast! and also Rennie Curran! They should have a BETTER D, and a BETTER ALL AROUND TEAM....Aaron Murray looks nice, but too young...Let Cox play until he struggles and see what logan gray can do

BB6dohcvtec
04-12-2009, 03:49 PM
yea UGlys spring game was pathetic.

FlipKing
04-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Not really, D played better. cox played pretty well. Wasnt that bad

BB6dohcvtec
04-12-2009, 06:14 PM
it was that bad. the D played good against a bunch of first year starters. Joe Cox lol there was a reason why stafford beat him out in their freshman years. Speaking of stafford he better be calling Colt and Sam and thanking them for not coming out this year because if they did stafford would be the 3rd QB picked in the draft prob falling to the second rd.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
04-12-2009, 07:00 PM
UGA spring game was awful to watch. I dont think they will be able to compete in the SEC this year from what I saw in the spring game. Qbs showed some good points but not the raw arm strength that is needed now in the fast SEC. Recievers and tight ends struggled catching the ball, but im sure they will get that together for the season. AJ green looks promising still. I would say he needs to beef up just a little bit to be one of the top recievers in the nation. Him and Julio jones still dominated and im looking forward to watching them. the 5'6 rb looked really scrappy so it will be interesting to watch him progress.

FlipKing
04-12-2009, 09:53 PM
LOL at you riding anyone who isnt from UGA's nuts. Cox will be a good solid QB. Not great arm, but smart, and knows the offense. Curran is determined for the D to be better this year. We will see. It was bad last year. Stable full of RB talent. Green on the Outside. Depth for DAYS on both lines. looking decent to me. Might be a rebuild year, but for UGA that means 9 wins. We'll see how FLA copes next year with no Tebow.

BanginJimmy
04-13-2009, 12:07 PM
We will know how UGA will do on week 1 when they play OK State. Even if they lose the game, if they show well, I will say it will be a good season for them.

BB6dohcvtec
04-13-2009, 02:21 PM
If georgia has any kind of offense they should win that game because Oklahoma St. has NO defense. If they lose watch out its going to be a rough season for the mutts.

BanginJimmy
04-13-2009, 02:36 PM
What makes you think they have no defense?

BB6dohcvtec
04-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Opponents scoring average against OSU was 28 points last year. They gave up 56 pts to TT, 61 to OU, and 42 to Oregon all losses.

FlipKing
04-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Everyone else gave up that much too. D was down last year.

BB6dohcvtec
04-14-2009, 12:04 PM
that because the Big 12 doesn't play defense.

stillaneon
04-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Learn to spell College

BanginJimmy
04-14-2009, 08:50 PM
that because the Big 12 doesn't play defense.

OU held Florida to I believe 14 points under their season average and nearly 20 under their average since the Ole Piss loss. Does that mean that the SEC doesnt play defense also?

NewGen33
04-14-2009, 09:22 PM
The big 12 does indeed play defense and has some of the best defenses your going to see. There is just always talent in the big 12 conference on the offensive side. You have to consider the fact how many extremely talented qb's are in the big 12 and lets not forget the SPREAD OFFENSE. There is yet to be a defense capable of properly stopping it. As far as OSU UGA goes I don't see the UGA pulling it off this time. There still rebuilding and are playing a team who proved to be heading the right direction last season. There only losing one player to the NFL Pettigrew who played TE. I don't believe UGA will be able to stop the run and that's why they will lose.

FlipKing
04-14-2009, 09:28 PM
3 senior DT's....Run wont be a problem. Pass is where UGA will have problems

BB6dohcvtec
04-15-2009, 09:48 AM
OU held Florida to I believe 14 points under their season average and nearly 20 under their average since the Ole Piss loss. Does that mean that the SEC doesnt play defense also?

and how many points did we hold OU under their season average? :yes:

BB6dohcvtec
04-15-2009, 09:49 AM
The big 12 does indeed play defense and has some of the best defenses your going to see. There is just always talent in the big 12 conference on the offensive side. You have to consider the fact how many extremely talented qb's are in the big 12 and lets not forget the SPREAD OFFENSE. There is yet to be a defense capable of properly stopping it. As far as OSU UGA goes I don't see the UGA pulling it off this time. There still rebuilding and are playing a team who proved to be heading the right direction last season. There only losing one player to the NFL Pettigrew who played TE. I don't believe UGA will be able to stop the run and that's why they will lose.

than explain texas tech to me if the Big 12 plays defense?

FlipKing
04-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Its a pass happy team. You pass enough, yards and points are bound to come. The big 12 doesnt focus on the run like the SEC does, hense while more points are put up

Master Shake
04-15-2009, 11:02 AM
OU held Florida to I believe 14 points under their season average and nearly 20 under their average since the Ole Piss loss. Does that mean that the SEC doesnt play defense also?OU may have had highest points/game avg but they lost for the NC.

i think that kinda showed that the SEC defense is stronger than that of the Big 12. cause to be able to go thru 4-6 games with over 60points per game, and then lose to a team that avg 40points a game, kinda shows their defense wasn't as strong as everyone thought they were. yea the offense was good, but the defense was weak, which is why the gators beat em.

JTM
04-15-2009, 11:29 AM
i really think UGA is building their team for the Post-Tebow era....After Tebow leaves, UGA might have a shot for the East...they'll let Cox play it out this year, but the future is here with Aaron Murray...redshirt him this year and let him be the starter for the next 4 years

FlipKing
04-15-2009, 11:31 AM
or the next 2 years after he leaves,lol

BB6dohcvtec
04-15-2009, 12:20 PM
i really think UGA is building their team for the Post-Tebow era....After Tebow leaves, UGA might have a shot for the East...they'll let Cox play it out this year, but the future is here with Aaron Murray...redshirt him this year and let him be the starter for the next 4 years

so your thinking once tebow leaves UGA is going to own UF with aaron murray? :lmfao:

FlipKing
04-15-2009, 12:30 PM
I cant wait for tebow to leave and FLA fall on its face for a few years.

BB6dohcvtec
04-15-2009, 12:52 PM
lol you might want to go youtube John Brantley who is not as strong as tebow but is more mobile and his arm is 10x better, and youtube andre debose as well. Man I can't wait for y'all to see "Primtime" Deonte Thompson.

Master Shake
04-15-2009, 01:18 PM
I cant wait for tebow to leave and FLA fall on its face for a few years.its expected.

FL hasn't had a team this good in a while, but all the teams go thru era's like that.

once FL gets the right players together that will coordinate like the team now, then they will rise again, may not take the NC again, but probably take the SEC East. but who knows, just have to wait and let things play out to see where all the teams stand.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
04-15-2009, 01:52 PM
At the end of the day if your team doesn't score more points than the other your going to lose.

Big 12 is not as balanced as the SEC. SEC more balance in offense and defense.. Big 12 more offensive focus.

SEC breeds stout hard hitting defensive players. Most of the defensive players are big and fast.

Im not riding the SEC because I am still a fan of OU, but I love watching SEC football.

Also I know flordia has another Qb that is there thats pretty stout.

Master Shake
04-20-2009, 09:18 PM
At the end of the day if your team doesn't score more points than the other your going to lose.

Big 12 is not as balanced as the SEC. SEC more balance in offense and defense.. Big 12 more offensive focus.

SEC breeds stout hard hitting defensive players. Most of the defensive players are big and fast.

Im not riding the SEC because I am still a fan of OU, but I love watching SEC football.

Also I know flordia has another Qb that is there thats pretty stout.the SEC has always had some of the best teams in college ball. Big 12 has, for the most part, had good OFFENSIVE teams. OU did really good the past season, i think TT should have had the shot, but it didn't work out that way. i wonder how their line up is gonna be this coming up season, as in, i wonder if their still gonna try the H2H thing like the past season cause the top 3 teams knocked each other off pretty quick, lol.

are you talking about john bantley?

i think thats how you spell his name.

sogood
04-20-2009, 09:47 PM
the SEC has always had some of the best teams in college ball. Big 12 has, for the most part, had good OFFENSIVE teams. OU did really good the past season, i think TT should have had the shot, but it didn't work out that way. i wonder how their line up is gonna be this coming up season, as in, i wonder if their still gonna try the H2H thing like the past season cause the top 3 teams knocked each other off pretty quick, lol.

are you talking about john bantley?

i think thats how you spell his name.

It's Brantley :) But I'd say that's who he's talking about, as Cam Newton, the other up and coming QB they had fucked up and is no longer at UF. Last I read he's going to play for some junior college out in Texas now.