PDA

View Full Version : d15b head gasket

djatskool
03-13-2009, 12:36 PM
hey i was wondering wat head gasket do i use for a jdm d15b vtec? and were can i find it?

Master Shake
03-13-2009, 01:41 PM
hey i was wondering wat head gasket do i use for a jdm d15b vtec? and were can i find it?any parts store, they will get you the right one.

Tech5
03-13-2009, 01:44 PM
I heard about a place called AutoZone but never been there I hear they have really cool stuff there...You should try it out an let me know if its worth what I been hearing.:screwy:

Octavious
03-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Just get a head gasket for a d16z6 ( 92-95 civic ex ) Advance>autozone

djatskool
03-13-2009, 01:59 PM
thanks octavious thats the answer i was looking for and u other guy yall are extremely funny

Barefoot
03-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Advance>autozone:screwy: both are crap

Master Shake
03-13-2009, 02:09 PM
:screwy: both are crapso are d15's

Master Shake
03-13-2009, 02:10 PM
thanks octavious thats the answer i was looking for and u other guy yall are extremely funnyyou asked a dumb question instead of just doing the obvious. too lazy to get out and head to the parts?

djatskool
03-13-2009, 02:31 PM
no ur an idiot i rather know what i am looking for rather than talk to someone for hours looking for the right part

Master Shake
03-13-2009, 03:00 PM
no ur an idiot i rather know what i am looking for rather than talk to someone for hours looking for the right parthaha, i was about to start bashing till i remember the new rules.

go to the parts store, and it takes like 20 mins.
they ask you simple questions and find what you need.
its that easy.

punkr6
03-13-2009, 05:15 PM
He has a JDM motor, Thats why he wasn't sure of what gasket to get. He ask a legit question. I seriously doubt anyone at Autozone or Advance would have known what to sell him.

punkr6
03-13-2009, 05:16 PM
:screwy: both are crap

I've used felpro head gaskets with no problems, But OEM is always my first choice :goodjob:

Master Shake
03-13-2009, 05:19 PM
He has a JDM motor, Thats why he wasn't sure of what gasket to get. He ask a legit question. I seriously doubt anyone at Autozone or Advance would have known what to sell him.you make it seem like people that work there don't know anything about a car.

punkr6
03-13-2009, 05:20 PM
you make it seem like people that work there don't know anything about a car.

They don't...If its not on their computer they have no clue...

Master Shake
03-13-2009, 06:09 PM
They don't...If its not on their computer they have no clue...that must be the ones you go to then.

the places here, they know what they're talking about.

and down at the advance, my buddy just happens to be an import guy himself and knows a lot about JDM motors and knows what to look for. so i just go talk to him every time i need something. and he hooks me up with his discount.

punkr6
03-13-2009, 06:10 PM
that must be the ones you go to then.

the places here, they know what they're talking about.

and down at the advance, my buddy just happens to be an import guy himself and knows a lot about JDM motors and knows what to look for. so i just go talk to him every time i need something. and he hooks me up with his discount.

lucky you !

Master Shake
03-13-2009, 06:13 PM
lucky you !i thought most places like that would require some type of knowledge of cars to be hired. but i guess not.:lmfao:

punkr6
03-13-2009, 06:22 PM
i thought most places like that would require some type of knowledge of cars to be hired. but i guess not.:lmfao:

one would think so...

Tech5
03-13-2009, 06:47 PM
I've used felpro head gaskets with no problems, But OEM is always my first choice :goodjob:

Agree I been using felpro for ever!!!!!! never once had one fell on me!!!

Not to many people want to pay the dealerships price....

BTW I have bought for a D15 vtec headgaskets @ Autozone all the time! that is what they are for to sell parts.Or he can always go to Wal mart I hear they sell everything from TP paper to toys, to car parts !:lmfao:

punkr6
03-13-2009, 06:59 PM
felpro's are about half the price as OEM and always in stock...

Tech5
03-13-2009, 08:20 PM
true true!

Barefoot
03-14-2009, 10:33 AM
They don't...If its not on their computer they have no clue...true. these days they dont know shit if its not in the computer. ever now an then u might find somebody who knows a lil something.

i thought most places like that would require some type of knowledge of cars to be hired. but i guess not.:lmfao:a GED and how to peck at the keyboard and your golden. ive applied at a auto parts store before they told me i could work at the warehouse. but yet they had 5 dumbass helping customers all calling for the same guy to help them. because they didnt know what parts was what.

punkr6
03-14-2009, 10:43 AM
true. these days they dont know shit if its not in the computer. ever now an then u might find somebody who knows a lil something.
a GED and how to peck at the keyboard and your golden. ive applied at a auto parts store before they told me i could work at the warehouse. but yet they had 5 dumbass helping customers all calling for the same guy to help them. because they didnt know what parts was what.

Would you hire you ? Lets face it, You SCARE people... LOL

Master Shake
03-14-2009, 04:52 PM
true. these days they dont know shit if its not in the computer. ever now an then u might find somebody who knows a lil something.
a GED and how to peck at the keyboard and your golden. ive applied at a auto parts store before they told me i could work at the warehouse. but yet they had 5 dumbass helping customers all calling for the same guy to help them. because they didnt know what parts was what.it should be required to have some type of automotive experience. like the parts places around here, you HAVE to have experience with cars to be hired. which i think its the way it should be.