PDA

View Full Version : MMA co-founder dead by street racing...

T.S.
03-12-2009, 07:07 AM
Its a sad day for MMA. The co-founder was racing his ferrari versus' a porsche. :(

here is a link to the thread off MSN. The pictures are unblieveable.

This is the link to the story...

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/9322180/TapouT-co-founder,-MMA-sponsor-dies-in-car-crash?MSNHPHMA

link to pictures of the ferrari....

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/pgStory?contentId=9323124&MSNHPHMA&From=MSNHP&FG=FOX_Pipe#sport=MMA/Boxing&photo=9324670

EM1toEVO
03-12-2009, 07:12 AM
He tore that Ferrari to pieces!

DeeAOne
03-12-2009, 07:13 AM
holy shit. the two pieces of the modena are a good 50ft or more away from each other. thats crazy.

tdurr
03-12-2009, 07:14 AM
he must have been bookin it! DAMN!

MR2DR
03-12-2009, 07:16 AM
holy shit..

on another note.. i'll take the set of wheels, brakes, and seats if family decides to part..

BobbyFresco
03-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Hell of a way to go out....Goes to show money can buy you nice shit but not common sense...At least he didn't kill anyone else, if he was infact the one diving.

Bruce Leroy
03-12-2009, 07:17 AM
damn.... that sucks for him

Bruce Leroy
03-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Hell of a way to go out....Goes to show money can be you nice shit but not common sense...At least he didn't kill anyone else, if he was infact the one diving.

Your sig is highly disturbing.
:gay:

BobbyFresco
03-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Your sig is highly disturbing.
:gay:

You know you love seeing that fat mf'er shake his jelly, nigguh...:lmfao:

AnthonyF
03-12-2009, 07:37 AM
LOL. What a fucking moron. I guess when you can take a punch you think you can take a telephone pole at 140.

I wonder if they are going to part it out....

-Ant.

Paul
03-12-2009, 07:42 AM
what a toolbag - i drive a ferrari and i can't drive. even more funny the porsche driver will probably due time on this one :rolleyes:

Jimmy B
03-12-2009, 07:42 AM
goes to show you.. street racing s dumb.. and yea, im talkin to all you kills forum people

C_R_X
03-12-2009, 08:14 AM
That tells you that money can't buy brains.

AnthonyF
03-12-2009, 08:18 AM
goes to show you.. street racing s dumb.. and yea, im talkin to all you kills forum people

Wouldn't you need to be in the KF section to be talking to them? 98% of them don't post out of that section.

-Ant.

T.S.
03-12-2009, 08:56 AM
"There was a 50-mph limit on the road, but police believe both cars were traveling well above that limit, according to a report on KTLA.com."

that shit right there made me laugh.... you think they were traveling more then 50mph look at the cars and then look how far apart the freaken ferrari was in peices... Reporters are so stupid.

DieselNuts
03-12-2009, 09:02 AM
It was a co-founder of TapOut, not MMA. I feel bad for the guy's family and the girl that was with him, but I would feel worse if he wasn't a complete douche bag...

Sammich
03-12-2009, 09:03 AM
everytime i see a crashed ferrari its always in two pieces..i'd never buy one

FasTech
03-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Damn, that sucks.

VWGirl
03-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Is that blood on the pole (i think that's a pole?) in the first pic?

Maybe they should lay out all the money in pic three and take a pic of it to show how much of a baller he was lol

People drive pretty stupid... sucks he died in the crash... but I am glad he didn't kill anyone else in the process.

DieselNuts
03-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Damn, that sucks.
That .gif is fucking hilarious :goodjob:

AirMax95
03-12-2009, 09:12 AM
That is sad, no matter how it happened.

Street racing FTL.

AnthonyF
03-12-2009, 09:15 AM

They are designed that way. It is meant to keep the cockpit intact to help keep the driver alive. But, at certain speeds and depending on what you hit, it doesn't always work.

Look at ENZO pics when it is wrecked.That is designed a little better. The cockpit stays intact all around.

-Ant.

Sammich
03-12-2009, 09:20 AM
They are designed that way. It is meant to keep the cockpit intact to help keep the driver alive. But, at certain speeds and depending on what you hit, it doesn't always work.

Look at ENZO pics when it is wrecked.That is designed a little better. The cockpit stays intact all around.

-Ant.

I DONT KNOW IF THATS ME, BUT THATS A STUPID DESIGN, THE PERSON STILL ENDS UP HURT/DEAD

Vteckidd
03-12-2009, 09:37 AM
lol 140mph will do that to a car

AnthonyF
03-12-2009, 09:49 AM
I DONT KNOW IF THATS ME, BUT THATS A STUPID DESIGN, THE PERSON STILL ENDS UP HURT/DEAD

Not always.It is supposed to keep the whole cockpit intact. Depends on how it hits though.

-Ant.

Sammich
03-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Not always.It is supposed to keep the whole cockpit intact. Depends on how it hits though.

-Ant.

well...i want to see a story when someone survives a ferrari crash

Vteckidd
03-12-2009, 09:53 AM
i dont know im pretty sure no car manufacturer has a test for saving you for going 140+ an hitting a TELEPHONE POLE

Sammich
03-12-2009, 09:55 AM
i dont know im pretty sure no car manufacturer has a test for saving you for going 140+ an hitting a TELEPHONE POLE

while that is true, i dont remember seeing pics of almost every car that manufacturer has made end up in two pieces w/ the driver almost always dead

AnthonyF
03-12-2009, 09:56 AM
^lol. You got that right. But their designs are to break apart from the engine (i think planes, or top speed cars, something else does this too) so the passengers stay unhurt. But like Mike and I have said, that's how it is deigned to work in normal circumstances....not a damn telephone pole.

-Ant.

Nemesis
03-12-2009, 09:57 AM
one less dbag in the world...toodles

AnthonyF
03-12-2009, 09:58 AM
this is how it is supposed to look:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/ferrari_enzo_crash.jpg

-Ant.

stillaneon
03-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Its a sad day for MMA. The co-founder was racing his ferrari versus' a porsche. :(

Why is this a sad day?

This is a perfect example:

Just because you have an expensive, or powerful car, does not mean you know how to drive.

He knew the risk of racing the Porsche, he did it anyway, and he paid the ultimate consequence.

I do feel for his family, because it is not their fault he was acting stupid, but I can't pity him or the guy in the Porsche. They should not have been racing.

Atlblkz06
03-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Meh, its just a 360, no harm done lol.

Sammich
03-12-2009, 10:01 AM
HOW'D THAT PERSON FEAR IN THAT ACCIDENT, DO YOU KNOW? JUST CURIOUS

AnthonyF
03-12-2009, 10:02 AM
In the one I posted? Prob walked out with some bruised legs.

-Ant.

Sammich
03-12-2009, 10:06 AM
In the one I posted? Prob walked out with some bruised legs.

-Ant.

hmm...well...i'd hate to see, even though i would have paid insurance on it, a car i paid that much money for split in two..

i mean if its a safety design like that of an airplane, then i guess you can't knock it, but if money was in my hand...i dont think i'd get a ferrari

Bus Driver J
03-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Meh, its just a 360, no harm done lol.
x2, I drove quite a few of these when I worked at Lambo and its the most overrated car that cost over $120k. Slow as shit and handled like a noodle.
Mask was a douche, he acted like a fuckin retard on the show and Im sure he was the same IRL.

silversol
03-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Is that blood on the pole (i think that's a pole?) in the first pic?

Maybe they should lay out all the money in pic three and take a pic of it to show how much of a baller he was lol

People drive pretty stupid... sucks he died in the crash... but I am glad he didn't kill anyone else in the process.
looks like blood!

Nemesis
03-12-2009, 11:00 AM
oh forgot to ask....

are they parting it out?

WTB front rim and rear quarter panel.

AnthonyF
03-12-2009, 11:33 AM
oh forgot to ask....

are they parting it out?

WTB front rim and rear quarter panel.

I wonder if they are going to part it out....

-Ant.

I beat you to it. :tongue1: :D

-Ant.

VegetaRules
03-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Wouldn't you need to be in the KF section to be talking to them? 98% of them don't post out of that section.

-Ant.

LOL, now Anthony, you know he'd be banned saying that in that forum. lol IA has rules man, rules. lol:lmfao: :D :goodjob: ....Vegeta

AnthonyF
03-12-2009, 11:55 AM
LOL, now Anthony, you know he'd be banned saying that in that forum. lol IA has rules man, rules. lol:lmfao: :D :goodjob: ....Vegeta

lol. True true. Some of those guys are pretty vicious too in there.

-Ant.

quickdodge®
03-12-2009, 03:25 PM
MMA co-founder dead by street racing...

AWESOME!!!!

BEST THREAD EVER!!!!

Sucks for the Ferrari, though. But those can be built, lolol. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
03-12-2009, 03:26 PM
sucks he died in the crash...

Why? Later, QD.

Sammich
03-12-2009, 03:28 PM
thread..u has one^

Sam C.
03-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Why? Later, QD.

Exactly, Darwinism at work, it was by his own stupidity.

Ruiner
03-13-2009, 08:08 AM
It just goes to show you:

Porsche wins out over Ferrari...again. ;)

MINI
03-13-2009, 08:11 AM
i wonder if he was wearing his make up

Kaiser
03-13-2009, 10:16 AM
hmm...well...i'd hate to see, even though i would have paid insurance on it, a car i paid that much money for split in two..

i mean if its a safety design like that of an airplane, then i guess you can't knock it, but if money was in my hand...i dont think i'd get a ferrari

Wait till you see what a Civic hatch looks like hitting a telephone pole at 140. The worst one though is a Corvette. The fiberglass frame and body simply evaporate and turn into flying shrapnel when you hit something with that much speed.

DieselNuts
03-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Wait till you see what a Civic hatch looks like hitting a telephone pole at 140.
That will never happen....its impossible for a Civic to hit 140.... :D

Kaiser
03-13-2009, 11:03 AM
I didn't say to hold your breath until you saw one. ;)

Actually, have seen a civic hit a concrete bridge pillar at 115. Looked far nastier than that Ferrari does. At least the Ferrari came out in two pieces, that civic looked like a lego toy that got tossed at the wall, he zipped by me and my grandparents in their lexus when I was like 12 or so and lost it, skipped out into the center of the freeway and hit the pillars, the car shattered back out in front of us on the freeway. While we were stuck waiting for the emergency crews to come and clean everything up I threw up like twice, he'd been racing some guy in a Mustang too.

That's why if I race it'll be off the street.

15degvee
03-13-2009, 03:08 PM
what a toolbag - i drive a ferrari and i can't drive. even more funny the porsche driver will probably due time on this one :rolleyes:

Only in Amurricah is someone's stupidity the other person's fault. Porsche dude will get vehicular manslaughter for sure. The passenger of the Modena was launched out of the car, and is in the hospital if I'm not mistaken...

integraboi88
03-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Damn thats insane.

Frög
03-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Don't know if this has already been pointed out..

Police later arrested the driver of the Porsche, Jeffrey David Kirby, and charged him with gross vehicular manslaughter. He was being held on $1 million bail.

pimpdaddy
03-13-2009, 04:11 PM
The best cars in the world are designed as a fuselage(acting similar to a roll cage) and everything else bolts up to it. In the event of a wreck the suspension in designed to break away and the cabin will protect the occupants. Also by the suspension giving in the event of an accident if lessens the force enacted on the occupants due to the increased time the crash takes to happen. Cars that follow this general design. Formula 1 and all other open wheel cars, Lotus uses this deisgn, Ferrari obviously, I believe Lambo does too, LM style cars follow it. The porsche guy should be left with a racing ticket and thats it. The ferrari driver is at fault. As for those who want to rag ferrari, you design one better it's easy to be behind the computer and bash someone but's actually a great design and this was a freak thing.

Frög
03-13-2009, 04:16 PM
The best cars in the world are designed as a fuselage(acting similar to a roll cage) and everything else bolts up to it. In the event of a wreck the suspension in designed to break away and the cabin will protect the occupants. Also by the suspension giving in the event of an accident if lessens the force enacted on the occupants due to the increased time the crash takes to happen. Cars that follow this general design. Formula 1 and all other open wheel cars, Lotus uses this deisgn, Ferrari obviously, I believe Lambo does too, LM style cars follow it. The porsche guy should be left with a racing ticket and thats it. The ferrari driver is at fault. As for those who want to rag ferrari, you design one better it's easy to be behind the computer and bash someone but's actually a great design and this was a freak thing.

I agree.. The porsche guy should be charged only with racing..

But the other comment about suspension isn't all true.. The suspension is designed to break to lessen the damage on the chassis or frame.. So if you pop a curb, you only need to replace you suspension vs. totaling your car.. Most if not all cars are designed that way.. Also, the cabin is always designed to protect the occupants - same characteristics of a roll cage..

IDCoconut
03-13-2009, 04:20 PM
All of you don't know the entire story.

The driver of the Porsche has already been arrested, as stated earlier, but what hasn't been mentioned is that his Porsche is a bone stock 1977 Porsche 911.

Now you tell me how a slow ass 77 911 would have kept up with a 360 Challenge Stradale? The guy was drunk, yes, and no one feels sorry for the Porsche driver.

It's been speculated on Porsche sites that Mask (Ferrari driver) was most likely speeding driving down the road and the drunk Porsche driver swerved and made contact. It just so happened the 911 driver was drunk, thus the reason he got arrested.

This is by far NOT a street racing accident, but rather just plain stupidity on both sides.

Frög
03-13-2009, 04:22 PM
All of you don't know the entire story.

The driver of the Porsche has already been arrested, as stated earlier, but what hasn't been mentioned is that his Porsche is a bone stock 1977 Porsche 911.

Now you tell me how a slow ass 77 911 would have kept up with a 360 Challenge Stradale? The guy was drunk, yes, and no one feels sorry for the Porsche driver.

It's been speculated on Porsche sites that Mask (Ferrari driver) was most likely speeding driving down the road and the drunk Porsche driver swerved and made contact. It just so happened the 911 driver was drunk, thus the reason he got arrested.

This is by far NOT a street racing accident, but rather just plain stupidity on both sides.

Oh wow..

Thanks for clarifying that up..

pimpdaddy
03-13-2009, 04:42 PM
I agree.. The porsche guy should be charged only with racing..

But the other comment about suspension isn't all true.. The suspension is designed to break to lessen the damage on the chassis or frame.. So if you pop a curb, you only need to replace you suspension vs. totaling your car.. Most if not all cars are designed that way.. Also, the cabin is always designed to protect the occupants - same characteristics of a roll cage..

My statement about a fuselage is exactly what you said about the cabin. I may have read your post wrong but it sounded like you were correcting me when we said the same thing lol. i just used a plane for comparison. Your also right about the suspension break away so it doesn't total a car, but it also lessens the force of accidents and i think that was the original purpose(may be wrong about that), hence the crumplezone design.

Jason..
03-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Holy shit

DarwinsA32
03-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Thats what you get for wearing make up and being a juiced up douchebag for a living.
y
Later shit head. Have a beer with Danny Snyder

punkr6
03-13-2009, 08:04 PM
one less dbag in the world...toodles

x2

JITB
03-13-2009, 08:09 PM
i think one of the worst ways to die is in a street racing accident... Its almost like suicide.. because its always your own fault.

quickdodge®
03-13-2009, 08:26 PM
x2

Shut the fuck up, dummy. You're one of the many left. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
03-13-2009, 08:27 PM
i think one of the worst ways to die is in a street racing accident..

How is that bad? That's fucking awesome. Selective reasoning. Darwinism. Common sense. Survival of the smartest. Later, QD.

boostleak
03-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh man this is horrible, what did that Ferrari do to deserve this, as for the driver he deserved every bit of it.

I wonder if that run was worth it now? Good thing no real innocent people got harm.

Great car + stupidity = an idiot dead...hopefully. It's even better with no innocent bystanders others at cost.

BTW here is another example from another Ferrari, i can only say this probably saved the drivers life.http://www.hahastop.com/pictures/Half_Off.jpg

BigPoppaHurtm
03-13-2009, 10:09 PM
i wonder if he was wearing his make up

LOL! :lmfao:

claybird
03-14-2009, 01:36 AM
no offense and rip but he TAPPED OUT on this one....damn that other racer is in alotta shit!!! RIP and god bless!!!!

quickdodge®
03-14-2009, 07:44 AM
RIP and god bless!!!!

Why? Later, QD.

boostleak
03-14-2009, 11:23 AM
no offense and rip but he TAPPED OUT on this one....damn that other racer is in alotta shit!!! RIP and god bless!!!! Racer? I didn't read about any "racer" just two dumb asses. Another fine example of an American Genius.