PDA

View Full Version : Misc Mask from TapOut Clothing Company & Reality Show, dead in car wreck.

SleepingTalon
03-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Charles Lewis, AKA Mask from the multi million dollar clothing company/reality show, TapOut died last night in a car wreck in his Ferrari. I got the text a few hours ago, but they didn't release his identity until now, so it was only speculated. It's now been confirmed though. The irony of posting this on a car forum is that STREET RACING might have been involved. I didn't know Mask, but we had a lot of mutual friends, so RIP to him, and my thoughts go out to his family & friends.

Here's exactly what was written by Dave Meltzer about the incident...

"The Fight Network radio and other MMA sources today have listed the identity of a man killed late last night in a Newport Beach, CA, auto accident as Charles Lewis Jr., better known as Mask from the Tapout television show and clothing line.

Lewis Jr. was a regular at major MMA events and Tapout a multi-million dollar clothing line was one of UFC's major sponsors.

MyFOXla.com reported this morning that a man driving a speeding red Ferrari crashed into a light pole at just before 1 a.m. last night. The driver of a white Porsche was arrested as police investigate whether a street race led to the accident.

Newport Beach Police Lt. Craig Fox reported that the two vehicles collided, sending the Ferrari into the pole, knocking the pole over and breaking the car in half. A woman pasenger was thrown from the car and was taken to a local hospital with several broken bones including a broken arm.

The driver of the Porsche sped away, but another officer spotted the vehicle. The suspected driver, Jeffrey David Kirby, 51, was booked on suspicion of gross vehicular manslaughter and a DUI and is being held on $1 million bail.

Fox said skid marks indicated both cars were traveling at top speeds.

Mauro Ranallo on The Fight Network earlier today reported that sources at Tapout confirmed the story as being true, but police had not released the name of the man who was killed."

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Damn that sucks.

R.I.P

Slomaro Z28
03-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Man, I like watching the show too. It'll be over after this season I guess.(might be reruns but I haven't seen em:D )

Firefightin_tC
03-11-2009, 09:23 PM
That Ferrari is destroyed...

E=MC˛
03-12-2009, 08:34 AM
wow man that sucks. you know they were way to fast the cars pieces are at least 100 ft from each other.

R.I.P.

Greddypacked
03-12-2009, 01:30 PM
That sucks, dude was cool. Prayers to him, and hope Tapout continues, which you know it will.