PDA

View Full Version : rod bearing help

Wikedeye
03-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I am buying eagle rods to put into my b16a and I am not sure what size bearings I need to buy. If anyone can tell me how to figure that out I would be eternally grateful. I dont want to just use acl bearings I would rather they fit as close to perfectly as possible.

Tech5
03-10-2009, 07:57 PM
take your crank to a machine shop have him check it and micro polish it an he will tell you what size my friend best of luck!

Wikedeye
03-10-2009, 08:12 PM
I kind of want to learn to do it myself, but thanx for the advice. If anyone knows the process please let me know. I would need the rods if I went that route though correct.

Barefoot
03-17-2009, 08:06 AM
I kind of want to learn to do it myself, but thanx for the advice. If anyone knows the process please let me know. for your first time around i would have a machine shop do it. then after they are done u check compare notes. u dont want to do it wrong the first time an be fucked. http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/bearings/bearings.php

I would need the rods if I went that route though correct.your going to need the rods regardless.

SPOOLIN
03-17-2009, 08:38 AM
measure the journal, measure the crank, measure the bearing and find the difference(clearance)

Wikedeye
03-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah I am going to have the shop check it for me when I take the block in to get honed. When I get it back I just check the clearance with plastigauge and if the clearance is within spec then I am good correct.