PDA

View Full Version : Need some electrical help

stillaneon
03-09-2009, 06:47 PM
This is honestly the first time I have posted in the tech section that I can remember.

Here's the deal. I have a honda civic coupe in my driveway. EG/EJ body.

It was wrecked a month or so ago and I finally got the body fixed, and I am waiting for one more corner lense before she is ok to drive again at night

except:

The dash and the rear running lights do not work.

I have checked the fuses (thinking maybe the impact just knocked them loose) and that did not fix the issue.

The brake lights work, but the running lights do not. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Reps if you can help me fix this.

slostang
03-10-2009, 12:31 AM
did the impact break the bulbs?

ŁG2♣
03-10-2009, 07:04 AM
check the bulbs, the wires, the or the relay under the dash, happen to me 2-3 days ago

stillaneon
03-10-2009, 09:09 AM
did the impact break the bulbs?

The bulbs are fine.

check the bulbs, the wires, the or the relay under the dash, happen to me 2-3 days ago

I honestly dont know which wires to look for. everything on the rear end looks good. someone said that there may be a ground for all the lights up front behind a headlight, but all I see is a harness with nothing plugged in.

Could that be the problem?

Tech5
03-10-2009, 09:59 AM
does the front running light works?
or is it just the rear that does not?

If both of them front an rear do not work and the dash lights are not working your headlight switch is Bad I have one too.

stillaneon
03-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Dont think either are working.

you mean the headlight switch on the steering column?

Tech5
03-10-2009, 10:28 AM
10-4^^^

stillaneon
03-10-2009, 11:41 AM
If that is the problem, how much do you want for yours?

Barefoot
03-10-2009, 12:23 PM
does the front running light works?
or is it just the rear that does not?

If both of them front an rear do not work and the dash lights are not working your headlight switch is Bad I have one too.:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: bad switch

Tech5
03-10-2009, 12:23 PM
they cost new 125 +tax at Autozone ...So 40 bucks is fair lmk

stillaneon
03-10-2009, 12:39 PM
just seems like a strange coincidence that it went bad right after she wrecked the car....

Ill check tonight and let you know.

Thanks.

Tech5
03-10-2009, 12:41 PM
^ Not weird at all its a 15 year old car....Hell you could start to drive it an the tranny will go out...Anything can happen to a OLD car my friend.Hell I seen perfect running cars come into the shop get a tire plug and the Alternator goes out....Shit happens my friend

X-Runner
03-10-2009, 12:52 PM
^ Not weird at all its a 15 year old car....Hell you could start to drive it an the tranny will go out...Anything can happen to a OLD car my friend.Hell I seen perfect running cars come into the shop get a tire plug and the Alternator goes out....Shit happens my friend

Sadly you are right. I put an engine in my explorer that was fine before hand, on the test drive the turn signal switch smoked and stopped working and the left ball joint busted. :no:

Tech5
03-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Sadly you are right. I put an engine in my explorer that was fine before hand, on the test drive the turn signal switch smoked and stopped working and the left ball joint busted. :no:

been there Done that.....

stillaneon
03-10-2009, 01:14 PM
alright

As long its not impossible.

I will check the front corners when I get home.

gsrteg
03-10-2009, 01:32 PM
does the light bulbs have any dried up residue on it or in the holders...sometimes this can cause the lights not to have good connection...use a volt meter by the way...hope all works well

Tech5
03-10-2009, 01:34 PM
does the light bulbs have any dried up residue on it or in the holders...sometimes this can cause the lights not to have good connection...use a volt meter by the way...hope all works well

on all 4 corners?

You will need a NEW headlight switch end of story