PDA

View Full Version : nissan nx break problem/ speedometer

5k3tch_GTI
03-08-2009, 10:34 PM
So i have a nx 1600 been hit in the ass but still runs so we use it.. BUT the speedometer stopped showing the speed everything else works fine (so you know its digital).. also the breaks are not workin as well as they should new master cylender,driver caliber,and driver hose line(not the metal one coming from the master cylinder) any ideas guy????? :screwy:

5k3tch_GTI
03-09-2009, 07:24 AM
No one has any ideas??????

mocha latte cupcake
03-09-2009, 07:29 AM
check your feed wires, as well as your gears that go to the trans, these are common problems on the NX. if you were hit hard enough in the rear you could have knocked the speed sensor, revolution sensor or something else out of where it needed to be, or even cracked some little plastic something somewhere.

as for your brakes, i assume you had the foresight to bleed the brakes a few times to get some new fluid in the whole system and also got some new pads (assuming since i don't know the condition/life left on the rotors or pads) if the MC, Pads, Rotors, Lines, Fluid are all new or relatively new then you have a problem with air in the lines would be my first guess... lemme know if it helps

5k3tch_GTI
03-09-2009, 02:23 PM
check your feed wires, as well as your gears that go to the trans, these are common problems on the NX. if you were hit hard enough in the rear you could have knocked the speed sensor, revolution sensor or something else out of where it needed to be, or even cracked some little plastic something somewhere.

as for your brakes, i assume you had the foresight to bleed the brakes a few times to get some new fluid in the whole system and also got some new pads (assuming since i don't know the condition/life left on the rotors or pads) if the MC, Pads, Rotors, Lines, Fluid are all new or relatively new then you have a problem with air in the lines would be my first guess... lemme know if it helps

The speedomiter went out way befor we were hit.. but ill run the lines and make sure..

We bleed them and will be doin it again.. thanks for the help.. :cheers: