PDA

View Full Version : very bad wobble from car

csmiths
03-08-2009, 03:24 PM
ok i just bought a ef sedan with a b16 swap with a b16 tranny. the problem is that when i turn the car to the right there is a loud clunking sound, and it feels like the car is limping or running over something. I replace both axels last night and it didnt change a thing. we had the car on jack stands and when you drive the car in the air and turn the wheel to the right, the whole motor starts to shake pretty damn bad. just trying to get some ideas of what it could be. im pretty mechanically inclined, im just pretty stumped right now.

JDMJAYDC2
03-08-2009, 03:37 PM
what does the carfax on the car look like was it ever hit? how is the rack and pinion on the car

B00STedSvT
03-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Rack and Pinion Possibly...Ever been wrecked?

*Edit* Oops JayDc2 has a Good Idea lol

csmiths
03-08-2009, 03:47 PM
never been wrecked, but its in the air right now, and i can figure out why the entire motor would shake bc of the rack and pinion. there is no load on the tires or anything, and if you remotely turn the wheel to the right it starts to shake bad

Master Shake
03-08-2009, 03:51 PM
is it shaking while driving? or just running?
if its driving, then have you had your rotors turned?

csmiths
03-08-2009, 03:53 PM
its not rotors. i know how things work, this is the only thing that really stumped me. it feels like a bad axel, and that is what i assumed it was. so i replaced both of them last night and its still doing the same thing. i bought the car on tuesday and it was fine, now its just getting worse and i cant figure out what the fuck it is.

Master Shake
03-08-2009, 03:54 PM
maybe you somehow dropped a cylinder.
all getting a good fire and fuel?

JJSPEC Racing
03-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Wheel bearing possibly?

JDMJAYDC2
03-08-2009, 03:57 PM
swapped or stock motor charlie?

csmiths
03-08-2009, 04:00 PM
its a b16 with b16 tranny and yes its a swapped motor, mainstream did it and i have the receipts. but its not a wheels bearing, it is a violent shake when im actually driving the car. and when its in the air and we turn the wheel to the right and the wheels are moving, then the whole motor starts to shake like crazy as well.

Master Shake
03-08-2009, 04:03 PM
just throwing it out, but maybe some bad mounts?

csmiths
03-08-2009, 04:06 PM
it cant be bc it would do that at all times if it was the mounts. but it will ONLY do it when i turn the car to the right. and it doesnt matter if its on the road, or in the air.

JDMJAYDC2
03-08-2009, 04:07 PM
i dont know why you would choose gsr axels they could be your problem ive never heard of anyone using those when doing that swap hmmm....the only thing i would suggest would be to check your rack and pinion and last choice check the rims to see if they are bent a lil that could be a issue as well.

is there any boot grease anywhere under the wheel well?

JJSPEC Racing
03-08-2009, 04:31 PM
It could be an axle binding up like he was saying.

csmiths
03-08-2009, 05:13 PM
there is no boot grease, and the person who owned the car before me said that they were gsr axels, and they fit right in, its not like this little wobble like a bent wheel. and none of them are bent, i just put them on. its a intense ass wobble that feels like the car is going fucking break itself. im waiting on eminnodagreat to call me bc he might have a little more info for me since they did the swap.

csmiths
03-08-2009, 05:26 PM
forgot to mention that its a b16A y1 tranny without lsd

JJSPEC Racing
03-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Differential possibly?

JDMJAYDC2
03-08-2009, 06:46 PM
tranny type would have nothing to do with it hmmm how is the allignment on the car like if you drive and let go of the wheel will it drift to one side.... we had the same thing with dare's crx but we changed out the rack and pinion and that went away this has me scratching my head a bit since it only does it to one side.. and no boot grease anywhere....ill show this thread to dare and see what he thinks

Master Shake
03-08-2009, 07:37 PM
i think anything that it could have been, has been mentioned.

csmiths
03-08-2009, 07:54 PM
thanks guys, ive been searching pretty much all day, and i think im going to need an intermediate shaft off of a 92 teggy, bc i believe the on that is on there is the jdm b16a shaft and its about an inch too long. so ill be going to the junk yard tomorrow to figure it out.

but yea jermaine have him direct his way here to see if he has any opinions

r34_gtr
03-08-2009, 07:58 PM
jus a suggestion... your motor mounts

Master Shake
03-08-2009, 08:01 PM
already stated that. he said no.

csmiths
03-08-2009, 08:02 PM
no mounts are straight, i checked the obvious things already as i stated. but thanks for the help

EmminoDaGreat
03-08-2009, 08:04 PM
sorry i havent called, i have been sick as shit today, that car had that same problem with us, we replaced the axles and it went away.... but it took 3 sets, we kept getting shitty remans..

VickNotic
03-08-2009, 08:12 PM
cable tranny or hydro? but i thought I letcha know. I've had a similar problem with a crx with a full b16 motor w/cable tranny.. i swaped in and horrible shaking and vibration was coming from the drivers side, replaced the axles. same problem. and then thought maybe it was the half shaft which it was a original b16A half shaft. got some info from a buddy and told me i needed DA half shafts so I changed out the half shaft and bammm no more wobble/wobble ..

csmiths
03-08-2009, 08:38 PM
cable tranny or hydro? but i thought I letcha know. I've had a similar problem with a crx with a full b16 motor w/cable tranny.. i swaped in and horrible shaking and vibration was coming from the drivers side, replaced the axles. same problem. and then thought maybe it was the half shaft which it was a original b16A half shaft. got some info from a buddy and told me i needed DA half shafts so I changed out the half shaft and bammm no more wobble/wobble ..

yea i have been reading up on this on honda tech, and im going to go get a da half shaft tomorrow and well see if that helps the problem. yea its a cable y1

sorry i havent called, i have been sick as shit today, that car had that same problem with us, we replaced the axles and it went away.... but it took 3 sets, we kept getting shitty remans..

its all good man, if i cant figure it out tomorrow then ill call up to mainstream and see what the fuck is going on.

VickNotic
03-08-2009, 08:41 PM
i'm pretty sure that will fix your problems 8D

csmiths
03-08-2009, 09:03 PM
i fucking hope so, it feels just like a blown axel, but they are brand new

VickNotic
03-08-2009, 09:06 PM
just wondering when you bought the car, was it wobbling already or it just happened??

csmiths
03-08-2009, 10:03 PM
just started to happen