PDA

View Full Version : A Little Fab We Did

JJSPEC Racing
03-08-2009, 10:29 AM
We needed a road side sign so we got some 1 1/2 inch square tubing, some 1/2 inch square tubing, pneumatic tires, and a 4 x 4 sign printed by Vital Signs. Here is a picture of the raw materials:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u116/jjspec/000_0002-2.jpg

Here is the base tacked together:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u116/jjspec/000_0003-2.jpg

Here is the frame to hold the sign tacked to the base:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u116/jjspec/000_0004-2.jpg

Roll cage gusset for sign mount:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u116/jjspec/000_0005-2.jpg

Rollin on 4's, check out the bling:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u116/jjspec/000_0006-2.jpg

The finished product:

G.C
03-08-2009, 10:43 AM
nice work.

JJSPEC Racing
03-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks. Something I threw together.

frostbyte
03-08-2009, 01:54 PM
looks great but uh... wheres the question needin to be answered???

green91
03-08-2009, 03:08 PM
This will get locked in t-minus

00CelicaGT
03-08-2009, 03:25 PM
pics of EF behind the sign ASAP. lol

Master Shake
03-08-2009, 04:48 PM
did you jack that teg up or what?
bitch is about ready to hit the mud.

green91
03-08-2009, 05:17 PM
pics of EF behind the sign ASAP. lol

IT looks kinda beat except the FMIC lol.

JJSPEC Racing
03-08-2009, 05:49 PM
This will get locked in t-minus

I am sorry, I am wondering why it would be locked, it is in the general section. Is there something wrong with posting fabrication in here?

did you jack that teg up or what?
bitch is about ready to hit the mud.

It has a 4 inch lift before we put the tires on it which gave it another 1.5 inches! I am not finished with it yet, I am fixing it so I can take my kayak to the river, etc. I will say it is pretty sweet on the dirt/graveled road, lol!

green91
03-08-2009, 06:08 PM
While i do like your fabrication..

They are super anal around here about advertising if you aren't a site sponsor, and i suspect they will consider your sign an advertisement.

JJSPEC Racing
03-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh, I am sorry, I dont even have signature because I dont want issues. Kinda hard to show what you are doing with it if you dont show a finished product. If there are any issues I am sure they will let me know. Thanks for the concern, though. I think a few people enjoyed the Integra!

frostbyte
03-08-2009, 06:53 PM
jus wondering, but is this section not intened on questions that u dont know where else to ask its a user help section. i see nice fab work, but again theres no question. jus a lil example of creativity, and a HUGE ADVERTISEMENT FOR A NON SITE SPONSOR. so one this is in the WRONG SECTION n two it seems u jus wanted the shop name out there. if not my deapest appologies. but still wrong section

tdurr
03-08-2009, 07:07 PM
that integra is baller. lol u should take pics of it mudding...

JJSPEC Racing
03-08-2009, 07:43 PM
jus wondering, but is this section not intened on questions that u dont know where else to ask its a user help section. i see nice fab work, but again theres no question. jus a lil example of creativity, and a HUGE ADVERTISEMENT FOR A NON SITE SPONSOR. so one this is in the WRONG SECTION n two it seems u jus wanted the shop name out there. if not my deapest appologies. but still wrong section

Apology accepted. So where does it belong, there is no fab section and the rules state if you are not sure to put it in this section? If there is a problem with anything that I posted I would like for one of the mods/adminstrators to please shoot me a pm. I have a similar thread on a national forum that is super strict about advertising and have had no issues.

Edit: I removed the offending "advertisement" photos as I do not want anyone to be offended. Sorry but the pic of the Integra had a picture of the sign also so it went bye bye.

Evil Goat
03-08-2009, 10:10 PM

zip it gaylord...you've been kicking around ia for about 3 minutes now, inexperienced input like yours is not needed...theres no need to get the name of the shop out, hes done that pretty well placing 3rd in the NDRA Pro Outlaw FWD class in 2006, and another 3rd place class finish in NDRA Pro 4 cyl in 2007 ;)

whats your claim to fame that entitles you the opportunity to pop off?

JJSPEC Racing
03-09-2009, 05:42 AM

Just for the record, I did read the rules of the General section and this is #2:

2) FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR BUILD PICS, YOUR CURRENT SETUP, DYNOs, ETC. BUT EXPECT CRITICISM. IF YOU CANNOT DEAL WITH CONTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, DONT POST.

Thanks for the compliments on the fab work. Looking at the rules I see that I posted in the correct section. I removed the pics when it was brought to my attention that it might be an issue. Hope you guys enjoyed all the other pics and seeing that some people liked the Integra, it will come back with its own build thread. Might even get some offroad pics;) .

AFSil80
03-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Rally Integra FTW. Pretty funny when your '88 Integra has more ground clearance than your wife's Suburban.

You need to post pics of the 'hill climb', Jimmy.