PDA

View Full Version : Cars holy Fing grind

helcat17
03-05-2009, 02:41 PM
poor car i searched and didnt find anywhere this had been posted sorry if it has befor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2B_7SRIlMo&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div

Brian*
03-05-2009, 09:10 PM
I would LOVE to have that car! with a new tranny... LOL

RedEj8
03-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Grinding because it is a dog box. That would be a sequential gearbox with straight cut gears and no syncros. Clutch is used only to get into first gear and reverse and used off the line. Usually doesn't grind when driving though..probably because it is meant to shift very fast and no-lift shifting.

Trans. costs at least $10,000.

DeeAOne
03-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Grinding because it is a dog box. That would be a sequential gearbox with straight cut gears and no syncros. Clutch is used only to get into first gear and reverse and used off the line. Usually doesn't grind when driving though..probably because it is meant to shift very fast and no-lift shifting.

Trans. costs at least $10,000.correct but why? i never understood that part. do they hold more power?

Master Shake
03-06-2009, 10:39 AM
correct but why? i never understood that part. do they hold more power?X2
cause it looks like that dude, just wasted a good bit of cash.
and probably fucked up one of his gears, hardcore.

RedEj8
03-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Straight cut gears are stronger than helical cut gears.They can have more directional application of force allowing for less power loss and can take more of a load before failure.They also whine like crazy which is why they aren't in street cars. Helical gears are all the forward gears in any manual car with a stock transmisson. Reverse is usually straight cut (which is why it whines) and has no syncro (which is why is grinds sometimes when you try to get into gear.)

The DSM guys with AWD drag cars usually replace at least their 1+2 gears with straight cut if they are pretty serious racers because 1st and 2nd have the most load on them when drag racing.

helcat17
03-06-2009, 03:38 PM
good info but this guy didnt seem like he spent to much time at the track

AnthonyF
03-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Yea...it's not a GTR. GTR's are AWD correct? And the GTS's are RWD

-Ant.

Master Shake
03-06-2009, 04:07 PM
yea i think that is a gt-s r32
either that or they took the front axle out.

RedEj8
03-06-2009, 04:22 PM
I actually believe this car is AWD and is an r32gtr. He just disengaged the front for the burnouts. If you look at 2.35 when he launches you can see the front tires spinning..

Also if it was just RWD he would blow the rear tires off trying to launch it that hard and it definitely wouldn't accelerate that fast because of the tire spin. And no it doesn't have drag radials or slicks on the back.

VTECking
03-18-2009, 06:39 PM
That park bench on the back of it makes me wanna barf.