PDA

View Full Version : FS: Cannon PS A540

LQQKITZME
03-04-2009, 03:01 PM
I have a nice Cannon Power Shot A540 AiAF I have had it for about a year or so.. But its a great travel camera. I am asking 80 obo..

Lee

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/LQQKITZME/cannon.jpg

Here is all the specs and info.

Canon introduces two new additions to its affordable line of point-n-shoot PowerShot cameras, the A540 and the A530. The A540 features six-megapixels of resolution together with a retractable 4x optical zoom lens with a focal length of 35-140mm (35mm equivalent) The A540 model incorporates 22 shooting modes from fully automatic to fully manual to achieve optimum results for any photographic application. The A540 is also compatible with optional wide angle and telephoto lens converters, as well as a close-up lens and a wireless flash unit.

The A540 offers ISO equivalent speed ratings ranging from 80 to 800 with dramatically less noise at ISO 400 than previous PowerShot models. The camera also features a large 2.5- inch 85,000-pixel LCD color monitor, making it easier than ever to review captured images and even to do limited in-camera image editing and retouching such as a new Face Brightener function to help compensate for backlit images. The new widescreen 16:9 ratio resolution setting facilitates creating panoramic-style prints.

The A-series cameras have many of the latest advances in Canon technology including the proprietary DIGIC II imaging processor. The processor enhances picture definition, vibrancy, and quality, while helping increase the speed of the cameras’ startup, autofocus, shutter response, playback, and image processing speed while reducing power consumption by 35 percent compared to the original DIGIC chip. Consumers benefit from accelerated image transfer speed (when used with a USB 2.0 compatible computer, printer, or other peripheral), thanks to the inclusion of a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port.

Canon enhanced the ‘My Colors’ mode found in the new PowerShot line. Where previously, users could only enable ‘My Colors’ while shooting, the current iteration permits captured images to be retouched as well, without the need for special software applications or tools. Available My Color playback modes include Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, and Vivid Red; lighter and darker skin tones, as well as options for creating black & white, sepia, neutral and positive film effects. A color accent setting turns all colors but the one selected by the user to monochrome and the color swap mode enables users to alter specific colors in an image by sampling another color from the same image or any other image on the memory card.

Like all PowerShot digital cameras, these newest additions to the A-series work seamlessly with Canon’s petite SELPHY Compact Photo Printers – an essential PowerShot accessory. Consumers simply connect their PowerShot digital camera to a SELPHY printer – such as the SELPHY CP510 and CP710 models. Press the lighted Print/Share button, and within seconds , images emerge. Presto! It is that simple. Canon’s SELPHY Compact Photo Printers are PictBridge compatible. They work with PictBridge enabled digital cameras and offer excellent image quality and ease-of-use, especially when paired with a Canon digital camera. At 28 cents-per-print , printing photos directly from a digital camera is both easy and affordable.

Powershot A540 Features:

* 6 Megapixel CCD imager for up to poster size prints
* 4x optical 35-140mm f/2.6-5.5 zoom, 4x digital zoom
* 2.5" color LCD with up to 10x playback zoom
* Advanced TTL AiAF 9-point autofocus system
* Program AE, Shutter-speed priority, Aperture priority and Manual modes
* Pre-programmed creative scene modes for beginners
* Movie mode w/sound, 640x480 / 320x240 up to 1GB, 160x120 up to 3 minutes
* 2.3fps Continuous burst capture of Large/Fine images
* Evaluative metering on focus point, Center-weighted or Spot options
* Stitch Assist mode for perfect panoramas
* Exposure compensation: +/-2EV in 1/3-step increments