PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods h22a

MSTANGSALEEN
09-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Trade my 9.8sec 1/4 mile yzf750rr for this.90 crx with a 95 h22a in it and here is what he had to say about it.
The car is a stick and the motor has around 65000 on it and around 1500 on the built bottom end.

Engine:
Dc sports header
Weisco 12.5:1comp pistons
eagle rods
all new bearings and seals
balanced and blue printed
Custom ported fuel rail with mustang 5.0 injectors
stage 3 clutch adn 7lb. flywheel
Bronze painted valve cover
New timing belt, plugs,and wires
All custom mounts
and custom alternator bracket
Tanabe racing medallion catback
car has custom cross member and cnc traction bars
Suspension:
90-93 DA integra axles aswell as suspension
Coilovers
Disk brakes all around w/ slotted rotors on rear. New brakes all around metallic.
Exterior:
Mugen style kit
stock wheels
car is painted yellow
Interior:
JDM sir seats
dash has no rips or tears
custom short shifter
The only thing with the interior is there are no panels.
The only thing the car needs to run is a fuel pump I jusst invested so much I am broke now. Car is an easy 11 sec car when it gets the fuel pump. So let me know what you think of it.

99SI
09-21-2005, 01:21 PM
Sounds like a scary proposition unless you know the guy personally and see receipts for not only parts but labor as well. It doesn't run but only needs a fuel pump then it'll be running 11's sounds way too risky for me. I don't care much for buying cars or engines that have already been built unless it was from a reputable shop that knows what they are doing. If I were you and wanted to do a hatch I would sell the bike find you a decent shell and do your own build. You may end up spending a bit more but you will be infinitely more satisfied with having done what YOU wanted to do rather than picking up someone elses dream project.

MSTANGSALEEN
09-21-2005, 03:54 PM
So IF I DID go with it,,do I get a 90 crx walbro fuel pump or a h22 fuel pump?

99SI
09-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I would say that if everything that has been done to it you would be better served with the walbro.

MSTANGSALEEN
09-21-2005, 04:39 PM
He later writes I can get the car to crank by pooring fuel directly into the intake manifold then the car dies after that fuel burns off. I have put new injectors in it and checked everything else. You can not hear the fuel pum cut on when you turn the key. I have had 2 techs. tell me that it was the fuel pump. Also I have a car trailer for this weekend only my bro might can haul it for us if you can give him some gas money he is alittle fun about gas now that it is so high. You have got to understand him on that. we can work the transport out let me know if you wanna come check it out.

Vteckidd
09-21-2005, 06:11 PM
well this is the same car that DIET HONDA had for sale on IL. it was NOT A BUILT MOTOR at the time. it was STOCK and they couldnt get it to run either cause of the wiring differences. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK IT OUT and make sure it has what he claims it has. ask for receipts

MSTANGSALEEN
09-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Its from highcomp

Vteckidd
09-21-2005, 06:28 PM
ok well it sounds eerily similar to the same car Diet Honda was selling. so check it out and make sure it has what he claims.

MSTANGSALEEN
09-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Hmm I know he said its yellow, but I am not sure of all I am checking for.I have had nissans and what not so dont know about honda motors

Vteckidd
09-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Hmm I know he said its yellow, but I am not sure of all I am checking for.I have had nissans and what not so dont know about honda motors
ask for receipts
pull the spark plugs out and check to see if the pistons are forged or not.

Ask who built the motor. cause you CANNOT run forged internals on a H22 FRE block unless its sleeved. so the block had to have been at least sleeved.

MSTANGSALEEN
09-22-2005, 03:33 PM
if I pull the plugs out how can I tell if its forged?

RandomGuy
09-23-2005, 11:04 AM
why not just get the fuel pump and put it in... that would be like cutting your losses.. if its straight after then, buy it if not.... at least you didnt take a thousands of dollars hit. ;)

MSTANGSALEEN
09-23-2005, 01:51 PM
yea just dont have $100 to get one

93H22ACX
10-04-2005, 11:49 AM
just put a stock fuel pump in it to see if it runs...

i doubt that motor will run 11's especially with an exhaust and no head work. Unless the car makes like 230+whp and weiths 1700lbs with driver