PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV Who is ready for WATCHMEN???

Paul
03-02-2009, 08:39 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/

this movie looks like it is going to be fucking EPIC :bowdown:... what you think?

soul
03-02-2009, 09:32 AM
si senior

BKgen®
03-02-2009, 07:46 PM
I read the book a while back -- loved the shit out of it.

Now I'm just praying that hollywood doesn't fuck it up.
I think it's in pretty good hands though...

EJ25RUN
03-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Who's read for Watchmen in IMAX?

Turbo Terrance
03-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Who's read for Watchmen in IMAX?

I just finished looking for tix but they are not selling them online.....:no: but they are at other movie theaters....

T.C.
03-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Been wanting them to produce this for a long time. Ive always been into comic books. I just hope that it turns out ok. The movie does look great though.

FasTech
03-03-2009, 04:14 PM
I know MidLifeCrisis's kiddy ass will. Guy's obsessed with this stuff. Even has a Transformer tattoo....LMAO

khaxnguyen
03-03-2009, 04:25 PM
i'm SOO FUCKING READY!

VooDooXII
03-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Dude you have no idea. I'm on my third time through the novel...just building the anticipation.

I just finished looking for tix but they are not selling them online.....:no: but they are at other movie theaters....

Are you sure? Which theater were you looking at? I checked for the Regal at the Mall of Georgia and I'm able to purchase. :thinking:

Greddypacked
03-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Looks awesome. Should be a great one.

Dirty Octopus™
03-04-2009, 12:17 PM
the movie does look cool. but ive never read it. is it one novel or several? is it a quick read? do i even need to read it to see the movie? :thinking:

uproot
03-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Can't wait!!!

Turbo Terrance
03-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Dude you have no idea. I'm on my third time through the novel...just building the anticipation.

Are you sure? Which theater were you looking at? I checked for the Regal at the Mall of Georgia and I'm able to purchase. :thinking:

i couldnt get one for IMAX but regular screening yea but i just left tha mall and i got my imax tix...:cheers:

AYY
03-04-2009, 09:51 PM
should be a great movie

okra1981
03-05-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm having a hard time picturing how the movie will transfer well. Maybe I need to finish the book, I'm only halfway through. It just seems like way too much story to fit into ~2 hours, but I say this about everything, still excited though.

Bigt8aford
03-06-2009, 08:30 AM
dun did bought my there tickets and ready to take Betsy to go c it

Just_CHill
03-06-2009, 08:56 PM
So........ the movie wasn't what I expected at all. I'm really disappointed to be honest. But I didn't read the book so maybe I missed something.

FlipKing
03-06-2009, 11:49 PM
I really do not know if I liked it or not. lol Still unsure.

ironchef
03-07-2009, 02:46 AM
I thought it was just ok. The trailers made it seem very action packed. But there was way more dialogue than I expected.

batlude
03-07-2009, 12:21 PM
i gave the movie 4/10 rating

lawguy85
03-07-2009, 02:13 PM
I saw it in IMAX, and it was the shit. Yes, I've read the GN, so all the explanations that were missing (and there are a lot) didn't bother me. I think this film will leave a bad taste in most people's mouths. Those who've read the novel will be upset with how much they've trimmed out, and those who haven't will have no clue as to what is going on. I enjoyed it as a great action movie on par with the (first) Matrix b/c its a lot of action and some philosophy thrown in for good measure. Most of the new ending is much better, but the exposition at the end really rubbed me the wrong way. Whether you love or hate the movie I think most of America will agree that Rorschach was bad ass and wonderfully acted. He and the Comedian alone are worth checking out the movie.

Bigt8aford
03-07-2009, 05:38 PM
didnt read the book, but very highly disliked the movie 4/10 just cause im a nice guy lol

antiv6
03-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Haven't read the novel and preview looked retarded, a bunch of random copies of normal superheros and a giant blue dude that looks like he was made for a low budget film. Probably wont see it.

tdurr
03-07-2009, 06:44 PM
i liked it. didnt read the book but yea... I would give it a 7.5/10. The concept was interesting, and i will see it again to possible try and figure some things out. it was a LONG ass movie tho lol.

btw i think ppl who liked cloverfield would like this movie... :2cents:

Gorilla Eg!
03-07-2009, 09:19 PM
I might go see this soon... who has seen it? HOW WAS IT?

Just_CHill
03-07-2009, 10:57 PM
I thought it was just ok. The trailers made it seem very action packed. But there was way more dialogue than I expected.

x2

antiv6
03-07-2009, 10:59 PM
my buddy just got back from seeing it and said it was confusing and didnt have very much action. And he said it had a blue guy walking around naked the entire time. Ill definitely pass on this one lol

Just_CHill
03-07-2009, 11:02 PM
my buddy just got back from seeing it and said it was confusing and didnt have very much action. And he said it had a blue guy walking around naked the entire time. Ill definitely pass on this one lol
LMFAO!!!!! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

MUTHA FUKKIN DR. MANHATTAN!!!!! No homo!

81911SC
03-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Yea, the blue guy's dick was all over the place. I really didn't like it that much.
Movie was quite weird.

lawguy85
03-07-2009, 11:49 PM
From reading the comments, if you aren't at least familiar with the Watchmen universe you should pass. The premise isn't how much ass can be kicked on screen at any given time, it's what would happen if superheroes with real human emotions were placed in the 20th century. Simply put, it wouldn't be upstanding characters you associate with comics, it would be more like Vic Mackey in a costume. Don't expect the Spiderman franchise or something similar because you will be HUGELY disappointed. As for Dr Manhattan, if you were a god among mortals would you wear clothes? I too would be swinging freely!

BIG WORM
03-08-2009, 04:12 PM
The movie was terrible, I didn't read the book or comic or whatever, but I didn't read Batman, Superman , Iron Man, or Spiderman either, and those movies were great.

On top of that why couldn't ol' blue dude get some britches or something, he just walked around the whole movie with his pecker flapping in the wind....

Gran Torino>Wrestler>Watchmen

punkr6
03-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Seen it today in IMAX, it was awesome...

Tuan
03-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Do not take a child to go watch this movie!!! My friends made the mistake of taking their daughter and ended up covering her eyes like 3/4 of the movie..haha..the blue dude was raping every girl, but i would have liked him to at least throw on some CK undies or something.

Turbo Terrance
03-08-2009, 07:41 PM
I saw it in IMAX and it was the shit... some parts had a LOT of fukn talking the trailer was more action packed than the movie..... BUT one thing I didnt get was what made them superheros how were they super strong and super fast like that?!?!?!

lawguy85
03-08-2009, 09:03 PM
The movie was terrible, I didn't read the book or comic or whatever, but I didn't read Batman, Superman , Iron Man, or Spiderman either, and those movies were great.

On top of that why couldn't ol' blue dude get some britches or something, he just walked around the whole movie with his pecker flapping in the wind....

Gran Torino>Wrestler>Watchmen

You're kidding right. The entire point of the story was how superheroes would not be like Batman, Superman, Iron Man, etc. Those are examples of what we would HOPE they would be like, Watchmen is all about what being a superhero would be like in a non-idealized world. It wouldn't be good v. evil, it would be flawed person v. flawed person. Furthermore, you're at least cursorly familiar with the story of those characters you named but the concept of Nixon in a 3rd term probably wasn't.

tdurr
03-08-2009, 10:32 PM
You're kidding right. The entire point of the story was how superheroes would not be like Batman, Superman, Iron Man, etc. Those are examples of what we would HOPE they would be like, Watchmen is all about what being a superhero would be like in a non-idealized world. It wouldn't be good v. evil, it would be flawed person v. flawed person. Furthermore, you're at least cursorly familiar with the story of those characters you named but the concept of Nixon in a 3rd term probably wasn't.

reps for knowing wuts up. :goodjob:

LeX
03-09-2009, 08:25 AM
I am not familiar with Watchmen but I saw it and I enjoyed it. Yes, it was confusing a lot of the time but I could piece it together no problem and it really was an interesting film

Master Shake
03-09-2009, 12:16 PM
ahh fuck, after seeing what other people thought, i don't know if i want to see it or not. i thought it was gonna be bad-ass.

BIG WORM
03-09-2009, 01:16 PM

No, I'm saying they could have done a better job explaining the movie etc...
Not only was I on a date when I went to see the movie, but I paid $24 for that crap...The movie hands down was terrible. I promise all the other comic book movies this year will double the profits of Watchmen...

Turbo Terrance
03-09-2009, 05:50 PM
ahh fuck, after seeing what other people thought, i don't know if i want to see it or not. i thought it was gonna be bad-ass.

It is bad ass go see it... the most bad ass person in the flick is the comedian no one can fuk with him:yes: !!!!!!! GO SEE IT!!!!

Grimm Reeper
03-09-2009, 08:33 PM
I saw it and it was pretty cool :thinking:

pt_tng
03-10-2009, 09:26 AM
heres the link to watch watchmen just click which 1. IT IS THE BOOTLEG VERSION BUT STILL FREE - http://www.watch-movies-links.net/movies/watchmen/

dorin48
03-10-2009, 11:25 AM
I watched it. I can see why it could be confusing for some. I never read the novel but absolutely love the story line. My love of manga probably prepared me for the story line and bitter-sweet ending. If your open minded you will probably like it. As stated berfore it takes a look at what it would "really" be like with none of the flowery, idealistic, spakling teeth and perfect hair super heros. Think about the tragedy of Bruce Wayne and apply it to the masked counter part as well.

Paul
03-10-2009, 12:38 PM
i liked it and can't wait to see it again b/c i know i missed some shit... this isn't a film for the xmen/spriderman fan!

it was long and drug out at times, but i love how they developed characters/story... it jumps back-n-forth between present/past,etc. everything does come together and you see start to understand the point of the film. recommend to those who are more into films w/ a message over action this is the superhero film for you.

Grimm Reeper
03-10-2009, 03:47 PM
i liked it and can't wait to see it again b/c i know i missed some shit... this isn't a film for the xmen/spriderman fan!

it was long and drug out at times, but i love how they developed characters/story... it jumps back-n-forth between present/past,etc. everything does come together and you see start to understand the point of the film. recommend to those who are more into films w/ a message over action this is the superhero film for you.

:goodjob: kinda sucks what happened to Dr. Manhattan

VooDooXII
03-11-2009, 11:56 AM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/4/41/Watchmenc.gif

New sig anyone?

Paul
03-12-2009, 08:20 AM
anyone seen the animated comic dvd... i am through chapter 2 but i heard it has alot more shit in it than the movie... i'll post up more once i've finished it.

AnthonyF
03-12-2009, 10:40 AM
wow...I am very surprised to see what you guys have said about the movie. :( I guess I will have to see it for myself.

-Ant.

DeeAOne
03-12-2009, 11:08 AM
i heard from the ladyfriend that its not that good. maybe its just a woman's opinion. lol

AnthonyF
03-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I also heard it is 3 hours long....true?? GF and I were gonna see it a few days ago...good thing I didn't.

-Ant.

punkr6
03-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I also heard it is 3 hours long....true?? GF and I were gonna see it a few days ago...good thing I didn't.

-Ant.

Its 2.5 hours long and REALLY good. I am going to see it again friday. I can see where girls wouldn't like it but how many girls like shit like this anyway ?
The movie covers a lot of american history and is put together really well. :goodjob:

lawguy85
03-12-2009, 04:42 PM
anyone seen the animated comic dvd... i am through chapter 2 but i heard it has alot more shit in it than the movie... i'll post up more once i've finished it.

Yeah, there's so much stuff they left out in the movie to get it to 2 1/2hrs, so the motion comic is a good way to catch up on the story. But, nothing compares to the detail of the graphic novel.

Master Shake
03-12-2009, 05:50 PM
wow...I am very surprised to see what you guys have said about the movie. :( I guess I will have to see it for myself.

-Ant.thats what i was thinking.
i'm hoping it will be as good as i think it will be.

Grimm Reeper
03-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Its 2.5 hours long and REALLY good. I am going to see it again friday. I can see where girls wouldn't like it but how many girls like shit like this anyway ?
The movie covers a lot of american history and is put together really well. :goodjob:
:goodjob:

Maniacc
03-13-2009, 12:23 PM

-Ant.
I saw it with my GF this past Tuesday and lemme be the first to tell you not to watch it with your girl. The movie is very long and to really understand it you need to focus on it. Since I never read any of the novels or whatever I had no idea what this movie was going to be about.

It ended up being ok in my book. A 7 out of 10. Though some of the messages it revealed were pretty badass it was still confusing to me.

1CleanEg
03-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Movie was long as hell. And i agree with the person that said not to watch it with ur g/f or a girl period. Story line was great but needed a little more action IMO.

slowEG
03-15-2009, 12:41 AM
WORST MOVIE EVER!!

VooDooXII
03-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Anyone else think Ozymandias is supposed to be gay? I saw it a second time, and when Nite Owl is looking through Ozy's computer, there's a folder marked "Boys"...that, along with just seeing the guy.

I really think Watchmen will only really appeal to the moderate fans of the novel. Those who watch it with an open mind and pay attention will understand most of the story and idea behind the movie, but there may not be enough action for the typical hero/action moviegoer. Purists will argue that the movie doesn't stay true enough to the novel and they'll throw a fit. Those who just want to see superheroes tear shit up, beat a supervillian and have a happy ending won't like it, and they'll also complain about Dr. Manhattan's penis.

It gave me what I wanted though. I was really into the novel, and I enjoyed seeing it put into action. The only complaints I have are over little details and the lack of background to the characters. Dr. Manhattan was the only one they really gave a story on. Then again, the movie's almost three hours long. 7/10 from me.

OhMyGodfather
03-15-2009, 05:42 PM
didnt read the novel. felt the movie changed direction quite a bit. to me it felt like it was a sequel to a movie, in the sense that i didnt really know what the hell was going on. oh well, it was decent, 6 out of 10.

True Pyroman
03-16-2009, 03:35 PM
nice cgi, too much dialogue, and yeah Rorschach was my fav, he just didnt take no shit. :] 6/10

FrnkPwrs
03-22-2009, 05:37 PM
I dont think that I can take my girl to see a movie with a guy running around with his junk all out on screen. That has gotten more comments than anything else in the movie and its like damn, all that emotional, feelings, and understanding talk, i might as well go see a JLO movie with her.

Nothing against those types of movies, but something Id probably catch alone on Blue Ray when it comes out. My girl is from College Park, she aint putting up with a 2.5 horu Dr. Phill movie LOL

GTScoob
03-23-2009, 12:49 AM
Any of you guys look into the ideological symbolism of each of the superheros? The whole story was written as an allegory to the cold war. I havent read the novels and dont know much about the author's political stance but here's what i got out of it.

Comedian- fascism, willing to kill anybody to reach his end result
Oxymandias- communism, willing to kill a few to save everyone and create a peaceful society
Dr. Manhattan- the atomic bomb/ military superiority. US has it, Russia wants it. Using it ends conflicts but at a huge ethical deficit.
Rorschach- Democracy/justice. Willing to do what is right/necessary for justice without regards to others opinions or actions, even if he must act alone.
Night owl- ideological innocent people of the world. didnt want to shoulder responsibility until absolutely necessary. Thinks everything will work out and when it doesnt he must step up. I almost see him as being Europe pre WWII, complacent until pushed to fight back.
Watchmen- NATO. Hands down, An attack on one is an attack on all.
Silk Spectre- I still cant make my mind up on her, she's obviously passion but for what aim? Maybe compassion towards your fellow man?

I really need to watch the movie again so I can voice these ideas a little more coherently. I thought it was a great change of pace from Iron Man, X-Men, etc, and those of you that didnt enjoy it just dont like a thinking man's superhero movie.

VooDooXII
03-23-2009, 07:17 AM
^ Excellent post.