PDA

View Full Version : Help! multiple hard drives / RAID problem

SampaGuy
03-02-2009, 04:25 AM
So I am trying to install RedHat Enterprise at a server tower. It has 6 hard drives of 320GB each. One of them however, is corrupted, so I took it off. During initial start-up, the 5 good drives show up and are accounted for. Then it boots from the CD and goes into the installation, like it should. Then the first part of the installation is the option to install RAID, which I want. Then a window pops up where I can select how to partition my drives and what not. The problem is, only 1 drive, "sda", shows up! With 280GB. I was thinking maybe the motherboard already has some sort of RAID system in it, if thats possible? But then it would show more than just 280GB right? Why is it not detecting the other drives? They are all the same brand and model so I know that they are supported by the motherboard.

Paul
03-02-2009, 07:55 AM
does your raid controller have a configuration prompt during boot (example: ctrl+A to enter raid setup)

SampaGuy
03-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Yes, ctrl+G. Once Im in there what do I do?

Thanks for the response.

Paul
03-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Yes, ctrl+G. Once Im in there what do I do?

Thanks for the response.

judging by this response much more info is needed; raid controller, OS, any software being used to configure raid, etc

SampaGuy
03-05-2009, 03:11 AM
Ok after messing around with the ctrl+G menu i fixed it, it even repaired the 6th drive, thank you