PDA

View Full Version : HID Retrofit?

ProjectWidow
09-21-2005, 10:09 AM
I really want to do a HID retrofit on my prelude but since I haven't done it before I would like someone that has to guide me or help me. Are there any shops around here that have done them or any people know how to do them? There is a guy in Cali that has done it before but that would mean I would be without headlights for a week or so. Any info would be helpful

David88vert
09-21-2005, 08:40 PM
I've done it on a lot of cars and bikes. It's not difficult. What do you want to know? Also, do you already have your kit? Not all kits are created equal, nor do all kits fit properly in all housings.

ProjectWidow
09-21-2005, 09:57 PM
I've done it on a lot of cars and bikes. It's not difficult. What do you want to know? Also, do you already have your kit? Not all kits are created equal, nor do all kits fit properly in all housings.
I don't have a kit. I was going to buy either Audi Valeo's or someone said Lexus RX suv and retrofit the whole projector into my headlights. I've taken apart my taillights before but the acutal wiring and fitting of the shroud and aligning the projector is what I don't know.

David88vert
09-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Lexus is good. BMW projector is better.

UpSideDownDesi
09-24-2005, 12:24 AM
i know a guy who will do it in your garage, but ya he's gonna charge u.

ProjectWidow
10-02-2005, 09:29 PM
i know a guy who will do it in your garage, but ya he's gonna charge u.
how is his work quality and how much would be charge if i helped him?