PDA

View Full Version : Large vids???

SLOWR/T
02-28-2009, 11:38 AM
How do I transfer them off my camera? I have alot of smaller ones that I have on my computer but I have a couple 20min+ I want off. I tried to load them straight to photobucket but they have a 10 max. My computer keep saying it doesn't have room? HELP!!

TIA

dorin48
02-28-2009, 11:54 AM
If your videos are large you're gonna have a hell of a wait time to upload them anywhere assuming they will take a file that size. I recommend cleaning up some space on your hdd, getting them on your comp. and compressing them. What format are the videos in? It seems odd that a ~25min video from a camera would be that large.

SLOWR/T
02-28-2009, 12:06 PM
If your videos are large you're gonna have a hell of a wait time to upload them anywhere assuming they will take a file that size. I recommend cleaning up some space on your hdd, getting them on your comp. and compressing them. What format are the videos in? It seems odd that a ~25min video from a camera would be that large.

Well to start I don't know much about computers. So this is all I know about the videos. IDK if this is the format you we looking for and I don't know where to start on cleaning up my HDD.

Name: DSCF0190
Date taken: 2/27/2009
Time Taken: 1:23:58 PM
Image Format: Video Clip
Size 1.53 GB

Name: DSCF0192
Date taken: 2/27/2009
Time Taken: 2:25:58 PM
Image Format: Video Clip
Size 1.00 GB

dorin48
02-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Ok well given the size and depending on your internet speed you could wait anywhere from an entire day to a couple of weeks to directly up load them to a hosting site. All home use services have very low upload speeds to prevent you from running a small server out of your home. I recommend just trying to make space on your computer and if you can use firewire or something faster than usb1.0 to d/l them to your computer.

If your computer is newer it probably has usb 2.0 which is good and maybe even a firewire port. (the firewire port is shaped like this |===> , has one flat end and an arrow shaped end. Hope that helps!