PDA

View Full Version : Ive got a couple of integra questions

integra2die4
02-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Ive got a 1999 Integra LS and the power steering sprung a leak. I came out to my garage to see a big pile of PS fluid all over the floor. I checked the two black rubber hoses that go to the reservoir and I didn't see any signs of a leakage. Can someone help me out with this. When I started the car up to move it to a more accessible spot, it sounded like crap. Its really loud.

Anyways...on to my next question.
I also have a 1998 Integra and the Engine temp will only rise just over the C mark on the gauge. Ive been told its the thermostat, but is that all? Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.

Barefoot
02-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Ive got a 1999 Integra LS and the power steering sprung a leak. I came out to my garage to see a big pile of PS fluid all over the floor. I checked the two black rubber hoses that go to the reservoir and I didn't see any signs of a leakage. Can someone help me out with this. When I started the car up to move it to a more accessible spot, it sounded like crap. Its really loud. it sounded like shit because no fluid was in the system.

Anyways...on to my next question.
I also have a 1998 Integra and the Engine temp will only rise just over the C mark on the gauge. Ive been told its the thermostat, but is that all? Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.most hondas only go but a 1/4" up.

integra2die4
02-28-2009, 10:31 AM
I know it sounded like that bc of no fluid. I picked up some mobile1 ps fluid with stopleak and then noticed it's for every car other than Honda/acura. What should I use?

Barefoot
02-28-2009, 11:19 AM
i dont remember who makes it but there is 1 for hondas. ive got it just about everywhere including gas stations.

integra2die4
02-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Is there any with stop leak?

Barefoot
02-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Is there any with stop leak?nope not that i know of. wheres the leak. it just might be easier and better to fix the leak.

Tech5
02-28-2009, 01:05 PM
you can use any POWERSTEERING fluid....JUST never! Use Tranny fluid!

yunglaosta
03-01-2009, 12:17 AM
try looking at the pump...the pump maybe leaking, and also my temperature gauge goes to half when i leave it warming up for 20 mins...but as soon as i start driving, it cools down almost all the way near C

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Just go to any Advance Auto Parts or other parts store to get some PS fluid.

There is one specifically for Hondas.

eYezs1ck
03-01-2009, 08:40 AM
if it happens to be something with your PS i got one fs lmk.