PDA

View Full Version : Misc Aliens

Hulud
09-21-2005, 08:47 AM
if there happens to be aliens out there would you still believe the bible?

RandomGuy
09-21-2005, 03:44 PM
if there happens to be aliens out there would you still believe the bible?
in the Quran, it says there are other intelligent beings in the universe, but Mankind is superior to all of God's creations.

Jaimecbr900
09-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Paul had brought up this subject in another thread and I don't quite follow.

How IF aliens exist does that put a damper on the Bible?

NEONRACER
09-22-2005, 10:45 AM
A book that is written by man that says man is superior, what a shock. It also puts women beneath men and the penalties are harsh. Maybe I can have a bunch of virgins when I die.

Jaimecbr900
09-22-2005, 11:52 AM
A book that is written by man that says man is superior, what a shock. It also puts women beneath men and the penalties are harsh. Maybe I can have a bunch of virgins when I die.

Don't you think you could've worded that differently? It would be less inflamatory if you did.

NEONRACER
09-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Your absolutely right. I am just pissed right now and it came out in what I typed. Didn't really think about as I typed it.

Jaimecbr900
09-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Your absolutely right. I am just pissed right now and it came out in what I typed. Didn't really think about as I typed it.

Thank you.

ahmonrah
09-22-2005, 10:16 PM
belief in aliens shouldnt change ones beliefe in the bible. ezekiel referenced to the possibility of aliens didnt it ?? or one mans experience with them

SwiftGTiRacer
09-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Is thier proof of scripture in the bible that mentiones aliens? I'd be curious to read it.

Swifty

4dmin
09-23-2005, 02:20 PM

+10 wow (don't normal get that type of response)

Hulud
09-23-2005, 03:01 PM
belief in aliens shouldnt change ones beliefe in the bible. ezekiel referenced to the possibility of aliens didnt it ?? or one mans experience with them
can u find that please? thanks

cause in genisis all it says is that god made the sun and stars i didnt know there was more just let me know please

Stormhammer
10-13-2005, 12:54 PM
well Hulud - your right - in Genesis it does state that he created the universe - it never states anything beyond that - so maybe other life is included in the universe - I wouldn't be surprise because as the Bible states, God wants us to prosper, so sooner or later that might mean moving beyond our own solar boundaries, and who knows

you have to remember - alien life form could be bacteria, could be a plant, or it could be some freaky 6 legged purple zebra with 8 eyes and 3 tongues, or those little green and grey men - everyone just stereotypes aliens with what you see in movies, you gotta think beyond the stereotype - just ANY form of life would account for being alien life

and as Einstein put it

" The idea that there is other life in the Universe is astounding;
The idea that we might be the only life in the Universe is equally as shocking."

... or something like that

Speedm0(\)key
10-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Don't you think you could've worded that differently? It would be less inflamatory if you did.

im not trying to start a fight.. but why should he have worded that differently.. i mean im sure people really do beleive in the religion they follow.. but bottom line is.. its the truth.. for what we DO know. it is just another book written by man.. that places man in 1st place

Jason04srt4
03-28-2006, 05:44 PM
There are no aliens, the giants way back in the day were the closest thing to aliens we will ever know of.
Just about the entire 1st chapter of Ezekiel is about wheel shaped objects with creatures with the likeness of man inside of them. Also, there is mention in ezekiel ch 10

metalman
03-28-2006, 05:59 PM
The Bible mentions the creation of God as "worlds"...plural, more then one.
Its quite reasonable to assume that these worlds contain life as creating nothing but lifeless worlds would be pointless. Such life would be "alien" to us as in "not of our world". So the answer Huluds question, yes I would still believe the Bible, in fact life from other planets, galaxies etc would actually confirm creation.

Hulud
03-28-2006, 06:20 PM
There are no aliens, the giants way back in the day were the closest thing to aliens we will ever know of.
Just about the entire 1st chapter of Ezekiel is about wheel shaped objects with creatures with the likeness of man inside of them. Also, there is mention in ezekiel ch 10
so your saying that you know for certain (100%) that there are no aliens?

thats kind of egotistic dont you think?

believing without a doubt that the ENTIRE universe(s) were created just for the beings on earth. i mean theres all this space and its only meant for beings on the earth? :rolleyes:

Jason04srt4
03-28-2006, 06:36 PM
You mentioned worlds. I assume you are refering to Hebrew 1:2. and 11:3 the word is 'aion' in the greek and means- an age, i.e. an earth age.

This makes sense if someone belives in different earth ages

Jason04srt4
03-28-2006, 06:44 PM
so your saying that you know for certain (100%) that there are no aliens?

thats kind of egotistic dont you think?

believing without a doubt that the ENTIRE universe(s) were created just for the beings on earth. i mean theres all this space and its only meant for beings on the earth? :rolleyes:

Egotistical or Not! Yes, that is what I believe. :bowdown: to only GOD!

babowc
03-28-2006, 11:29 PM
if you believe the bible was written by man.
i suppose you also believe jesus was crucified by man, since it is well written in the bible.

Hulud
03-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Egotistical or Not! Yes, that is what I believe. :bowdown: to only GOD!
egotistical yes there is no NOT about what you posted

did i ever say to bow down to aliens? :confused:

4dmin
03-29-2006, 07:29 AM
if you believe the bible was written by man.
i suppose you also believe jesus was crucified by man, since it is well written in the bible.

is that a retorical question? of course it was written/manipulated by man, it is nothing more than a bunch of gospels compiled into one book; which was not printed until 1000+ years after the death of jesus.

and yes man crucified jesus.

babowc
03-29-2006, 09:25 PM
if you believe that.. how do you not believe he came to die for our sins?
if you believe the stories in the bible about how jesus was crucified by man, how doyou not believe what he did was true?

do you think people would lie, for good or bad, about a messiah?

Hulud
03-29-2006, 10:36 PM
if you believe that.. how do you not believe he came to die for our sins?
simple he was merely a man

if you believe the stories in the bible about how jesus was crucified by man, how doyou not believe what he did was true?
he was man, did some good, people embelish.....

do you think people would lie, for good or bad, about a messiah?
i think my last comment will answer this too

C22H19N3O4
03-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Jesus was an alien.

{X}Echo419
03-30-2006, 07:52 AM
Paul had brought up this subject in another thread and I don't quite follow.

How IF aliens exist does that put a damper on the Bible?

indeed, I believe I made a similar comment.

babowc
03-30-2006, 11:58 PM
lol
doing SOME good.

i dont think bringing someone back from death is SOME good.
curing a blind man, etc etc.
]
and i concur.. how does aliens exisiting put a damper on the bible?

Hulud
03-31-2006, 12:11 AM
lol
doing SOME good.

i dont think bringing someone back from death is SOME good.
curing a blind man, etc etc..
as i said in my previous statement
PEOPLE EMBELISH

and i concur.. how does aliens exisiting put a damper on the bible?
i never said it dampered i was asking what you would think

ahmonrah
03-31-2006, 05:17 PM
can u find that please? thanks

cause in genisis all it says is that god made the sun and stars i didnt know there was more just let me know please
EZEKIEL 1:4- 1:24
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/images/line.jpg

"And I looked, and behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst therof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

(verse 5) Also out of the midst therof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

(verse 6) And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.

(verse 7) And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf s foot and they sparkled like the colour of bur­nished brass.

(verse 8) And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings.

(verse 9) Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.

(verse 10) As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

(verse 11) Thus were their faces: and their wings’ were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies.

(verse 12) And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went

(verse 13) As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning.

(verse 14) And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

(verse 15) Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

(verse 16) The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a middle of a wheel.

(verse 17) When they went they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went

(verse 18) As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.

(verse 19) And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.

(verse 20) Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

(verse 21) When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

(verse 22) And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.

(verse 23) And under the firmament were their wings straight, the one toward the other: every one had two, which covered on this side, and every one had two, which covered on that side their bodies. (verse 24) And when they went I heard the noise of their wings, like the noise of great waters; as the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, as the noise of an host when the: stood they let down their wings."

but this could be also interpreted as not aliens, but angelic type beings, though could'nt one argument be that angels/aliens are possibly the same thing ?? it's all a matter of perception.

ahmonrah
03-31-2006, 05:23 PM
Egotistical or Not! Yes, that is what I believe. :bowdown: to only GOD!in your statement, i see a question that i've havent had answered. if christians believe in one god. why is it that in every church, there is at least 2 pictures of jesus? and after 90% of prayers i've participated in, the last thing said is, "in jesus name, amen....."? seems to me like the man gets more praise than the god. could someone clarify that ?

Jason04srt4
03-31-2006, 07:02 PM
in your statement, i see a question that i've havent had answered. if christians believe in one god. why is it that in every church, there is at least 2 pictures of jesus? and after 90% of prayers i've participated in, the last thing said is, "in jesus name, amen....."? seems to me like the man gets more praise than the god. could someone clarify that ?

As far as the 2 pictures of jesus? I have no Idea, I have not stepped foot in a church in years.

Why do we pray in the name of Jesus and why He is so important.
1 Tim 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
KJV

Jesus Christ is God in the flesh! And every christian prayer should end in the name of Jesus Christ . Why?

John 14:6-7

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

KJV

Plain and simple. We are God's Children and He wants us to accept Him.
He was born into this flesh and paid the price for our sins as Jesus Christ on the cross where He died. We pray in the name of Jesus Christ to acknowledge to the Father that we accept His sacrafice. He is Our Passover!

SampaGuy
03-31-2006, 09:00 PM
umm i think aliens would just be ignored by the church just like they ignore dinosaur bones

dereksi
03-31-2006, 09:01 PM
ok

metalman
04-01-2006, 02:33 PM
in your statement, i see a question that i've havent had answered. if christians believe in one god. why is it that in every church, there is at least 2 pictures of jesus? and after 90% of prayers i've participated in, the last thing said is, "in jesus name, amen....."? seems to me like the man gets more praise than the god. could someone clarify that ?

To add to what Jason04srt4 has already indicated Jesus IS God, the mystery of the Godhead is not easy for humans to understand but it entails 3 entities which are One and act as one, according to Scripture.

metalman
04-01-2006, 02:39 PM
umm i think aliens would just be ignored by the church just like they ignore dinosaur bones

I know many christians that don't ignore dinasour bones at all, in fact I am not familiar with any that ignore them. The trouble is evolutionists try to attach some "proof" to them that really isn't there at all.

FYI, dinasour related fossil evidence and human related fossil evidence have been found in the same strata (layer) of earth/rock. Both have been found with their foot prints intermingled. This should be no suprise given the fact a current living snail has been carbon dated to be 27,000 years old! :rolleyes:
So much for carbon dating and the other nonsense evolutionists use to "prove" their theorys.

quickdodge®
04-01-2006, 10:18 PM
To add to what Jason04srt4 has already indicated Jesus IS God, the mystery of the Godhead is not easy for humans to understand but it entails 3 entities which are One and act as one, according to Scripture.

How is Jesus God, when he is supposed to be the son of God? Is he his own Dad?

That would mean that the people in Alabama had it right all along and the rest of the world was wrong that incest is best....in some weird way. Later, QD.

babowc
04-01-2006, 11:45 PM
its not that jesus IS god
its the trinity.

holy spirit, jesus, and god

iirc.. basically like a court system.. in order to the trinity as listed on the prev. line.

holy spirit =messenger(those police officer guy who gives the judge stuff)
jesus =attorney (prays for us, etc. etc.)
god =judge

these are very basic to just give you an idea.

CSquared
04-02-2006, 12:15 AM
I'd certainly give scientology a second look.

babowc
04-02-2006, 12:30 AM
im a christian and i love science.. how ironic

metalman
04-02-2006, 11:45 AM

That would mean that the people in Alabama had it right all along and the rest of the world was wrong that incest is best....in some weird way. Later, QD.

Like I said, the mystery of the Godhead is not easily understood...obviously youre no exception.

How can three 'persons' be one? Yet they are. Perhaps a better way to put it is that Jesus Christ is PART of God which entails 3 things, Father, Son & Holy Spirit. All 3 function together as One.

The confusing part to some (you too evidently) is that Christ is not a son in the earthly sense. He has always existed as part of God and is not a created being like an angel or human. In fact, He is the Creator.

metalman
04-02-2006, 11:48 AM
iirc.. basically like a court system.. in order to the trinity as listed on the prev. line.

holy spirit =messenger(those police officer guy who gives the judge stuff)
jesus =attorney (prays for us, etc. etc.)
god =judge

Actually according to Scripture Christ is both mediator AND judge. ;)
You might say that heavens court is 'rigged' in your favor.

babowc
04-02-2006, 05:06 PM
oh lol..
whats god's role then?
haha. >_<

Jason04srt4
04-02-2006, 05:47 PM

1 John 5:7

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
KJV

quickdodge®
04-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Like I said, the mystery of the Godhead is not easily understood...obviously youre no exception.

How can three 'persons' be one? Yet they are. Perhaps a better way to put it is that Jesus Christ is PART of God which entails 3 things, Father, Son & Holy Spirit. All 3 function together as One.

The confusing part to some (you too evidently) is that Christ is not a son in the earthly sense. He has always existed as part of God and is not a created being like an angel or human. In fact, He is the Creator.

I don't know if you're too old to process that I am just asking a GODdamn question because I don't know or if you're just too busy trying to be the smartest guy on IA to realize that I am just asking a GODdamn question because I don't know, but there is no GODdamn reason to emphasize that I don't know much about this GODdamn shit. So quit with the GODdamn "you too evidently" bullshit and just try answering the GODdamn question. Or is that too GODdamn hard?

Now, if you can see that I am just asking a GODdamn question here:
The scenario from what you guys are saying (the way I am reading it) is that God impregnated Mary and nine months later (or whenever Mary has this kid) she gives birth to God and they call God Jesus.

Check this out: I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

There. Now you don't have to point it out to me that I don't get it. Later, QD.

metalman
04-03-2006, 08:40 AM
So quit with the GODdamn "you too evidently" bullshit and just try answering the GODdamn question. , QD.

I'll answer the question any way I see fit. But thanks for your input.

I would also add that my statement was clearly not a jab at you but simply placed you in the same boat with all the rest of us. Thats not an insult.
The fact you seem to find it so is your problem really. There's no intention there.

metalman
04-03-2006, 08:51 AM
oh lol..
whats god's role then?
haha. >_<

"God" is 3 entitys that are One. The role is unified.

Youre correct in that the Father (Ancient of Days) is judge. Its also correct that Christ is judge. The Unity of the Godhead was all I was pointing out.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
John 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

metalman
04-03-2006, 10:01 AM
As to the question, how did God impregnate Mary?
How does any miracle happen? The fact that its not explainable by human reasoning is itself an answer, but alas there is a reason.
Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Whats the "sign"?? A virgin will concieve. Thats when you will know its the Messiah, the Christ. No other person has or will ever be concieved in this same way.

As to the how...the Bible says this....Luke 1:26,27 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
Matt 1:18-20 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily. But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

ANSWER - the miraculous conception occured by the power of God through His Spirit. There is no earthly answer for it, thats what makes it a miracle. The method was a sign to any who would believe of the end result.....the arrival of the Saviour.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Contrary to popular notions Mary, although a virgin, was NOT immaculate in the sense of being without any sin or sinless.

Rom 3:10-12 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom 3:23,24 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Luke 1:46,7 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour

Clearly Mary understood her need of a Saviour.

quickdodge®
04-03-2006, 01:09 PM
I'll answer the question any way I see fit. But thanks for your input.

I would also add that my statement was clearly not a jab at you but simply placed you in the same boat with all the rest of us. Thats not an insult.
The fact you seem to find it so is your problem really. There's no intention there.

There's no need to "place me in the same boat." It was unnecessary to point that out. I never claimed to know everything or most anything about this crap. That's why I asked. Not to be told that it's obvious I don't know. So I guess you're just too goddamn old to realize shit, huh? Fucking dummy. Learn how to speak to others and they may not take you "the wrong way." Later, QD.

metalman
04-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Interesting that you didnt seem to understand the plain english of my post yet call me a dummy...oh well. Like I said, I answer questions as I see fit. Thanks anyway.

quickdodge®
04-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Interesting that you didnt seem to understand the plain english of my post yet call me a dummy...oh well. Like I said, I answer questions as I see fit. Thanks anyway.

I did seem to understand your English. I just didn't understand the stupidity in your reply. And I'll refer to you as how I see fit. Later, QD.

metalman
04-03-2006, 04:03 PM
*yawn*
As I will construct my posts and wording as I see fit.

quickdodge®
04-03-2006, 04:08 PM
As I will refer to you as I see fit. You keep on using Google to make you feel more superior to others so that you can "justify" talking down on some people. Later, QD.

metalman
04-03-2006, 04:14 PM
LOL youre amusing.

quickdodge®
04-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Mission accomplished. Later, QD.

metalman
04-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Hey if you (or anyone) wish to engage in intellgent discussion of religion, which is supposed to be the topic I think, I am always here for that.

quickdodge®
04-03-2006, 04:39 PM
As long as you don't put my intelligence(or lack of) down. I'm up for it. That' why I tried to join in this one. Later, QD.

metalman
04-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Like I said QD, I never put you down, only in the same class with all the rest of us, which I think is pretty good company in general :) Nor was that intention ever there.
Whatever. I'd much rather discuss matters of Bible/religion/beliefs etc in this forum than your various faults, mine or someone elses.

quickdodge®
04-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Ok, man. Whatever you say. It seems you're always the right one. Later, QD.

metalman
04-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Why does it matter who is right? Shouldnt the focus be on WHAT is right??
I care not WHO I learn a fact, tidbit, or piece of info from. The person stating a fact or giving their understanding has no bearing on what the facts actually are or might be.

Your question was...

Making the point that NO ONE truly UNDERSTANDS the exact nature of how God became a man, or fully comprehends the nature of the Godhead (even the Bible calls it a mystery) I answered it honestly with what I do know and understand. Thats all anyone can do, especially given the gravity of this specific subject.

If someone has further insight into it I'd like to hear it.

quickdodge®
04-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Yep. Later, QD.