PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods HELP mystery brake light and wtf 18 psi on stock map

jap_racer1
02-27-2009, 10:32 PM
HELP i dont no wtf is going on?? i had a shop put a boost controller in my car they set it at lik 9 psi it was peeking at lik 10.5 but today on the way to work i had a mustang mess with me so at 60 i dropped gears to third and stomped it and it felt a lot quicker when i got to vtec it started spitting and sputtering and that was it. then the brake light started lighting up when i got near vtec or up to 7 psi then i tried th drop to third from 60 mph to third again and watched the gauge and it went to 16 and i let off now the break light cuts on when i get near 3000 rpm in any gear and when i let off it goes away!!

WTF haS HAPENED

someone give me some info!!

jap_racer1
02-27-2009, 10:34 PM
i have a gsr motor with forged internals and stock map sensor external blaster coil msd cap and rotor ngk plugs so forth

garret t3/3 turbo w/ tial 38mm waste gate!!

jap_racer1
02-27-2009, 11:25 PM
i no somebody can help me??

AnthonyF
02-28-2009, 11:45 AM
this is a mystery electrical problem that will be near impossible to diagnose.

Is your boost controller mechanical or electrical? Maybe the mechanic installed it incorrectly and tapped into the wrong wires.

Try the KISS method, go to your brake fluid and make sure it's up to par.

-Ant.

scttydb411
02-28-2009, 07:48 PM
from the conversation we had whoever installed the boost controller did it wrong. first you have to have both ports on the external wastegate connected to the solinoid. i'm surprised you didn't grenade the motor since it has a stock mapsensor (11psi and was only tuned to like 7ish psi).

1. t off the boost source going to the bottom of the wastegate and connect to the nc port of the solinoid.
2. com port of the solinoid goes to the top of the wastegate
3. the unused port needs to be left open...do not plug it.

settings (i would only use lo for now considering you don't have much room to go)

1. set (just turning the knob) adjusts appx % over spring...start w/ 20 and push the knob in to save.
2. gain (select once) 15% adjusts consistency of boost (creep, spike, etc).
3. set gain (select twice) adjust when the solinoid actually does anything...just under spring rate so set it at like 5 .
4. warning (select three times) 110=11 psi. if it hits 11 it'll light up and if it stays there for longer than 1-2 seconds then the warning cut activates.
5. warning cut (select 4 times) 20% it'll cut if on waring too long.

once you get that all set then if boost doesn't hold or is erratic then adjust the gain +/- 5%

to increase boost simply turn the knob to increase the set...do it in increments of 5-10 and remember to push the knob to save.

brake light sounds like bad wiring or coincidence that it's coming on.

jap_racer1
03-15-2009, 10:55 PM
scotty is f****** awsome best tuner in the southeast and most helpful and if you get on his nerves he dont tell you to fuck off hahahaha

scttydb411
03-15-2009, 11:19 PM
lol

turbob20
04-20-2009, 11:56 PM
we will see how good he really is lol! i have a new set up and the best of everything internally and ill be comin his way in a month r so,lol. "love ya scotty"! i say with my fingers crossed. give me 375- 400+ with 750cc injectors please!

scttydb411
04-21-2009, 05:14 PM
we will see how good he really is lol! i have a new set up and the best of everything internally and ill be comin his way in a month r so,lol. "love ya scotty"! i say with my fingers crossed. give me 375- 400+ with 750cc injectors please!

coming up.
covered and smothered...i don't think you want scattered. lol