PDA

View Full Version : Old school doesnt mean slow

EP3sAreFun
02-27-2009, 05:06 PM
just got my car back up and running!

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8233/p1010009.jpg

Fixed the fuel issue and its running super fast again!! i also added a Catch can as SCCA and NASA apparently don't like draft tubes ^_^

Elbow
02-27-2009, 05:40 PM
What's a draft tube? What are you racing it in?

tdurr
02-27-2009, 05:46 PM
sweet. wut was the problem?

EP3sAreFun
02-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Draft Tube is a really simple oil fume seperation system its just a line that takes the CC fumes from a Crank case and runs them down to be deposited on the road. The heat from the crank case fumes pulls them down the tube to be dropped on the road or track or whatever. It works great but organized racing doesn't like it for obvious reasons.

I plan on doing Autocross some this year and maybe some Road Racing stuff with some different groups at road atlanta. I still need a few things before i can really be competitive, but this year the racing will just be for the experience and fun of it. I guess also to decide if i wanna try to be a serious competitor in the next few years or just continue to do it for the fun of it

EP3sAreFun
02-27-2009, 05:51 PM
sweet. wut was the problem?
Clogged front filter. I know it sounds like it shoulda been a simple diagnosis, but this filter was less than a year old on a brand new tank and cleaned fuel system. So i avoided it until it was the only thing left lol

Elbow
03-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Draft Tube is a really simple oil fume seperation system its just a line that takes the CC fumes from a Crank case and runs them down to be deposited on the road. The heat from the crank case fumes pulls them down the tube to be dropped on the road or track or whatever. It works great but organized racing doesn't like it for obvious reasons.

I plan on doing Autocross some this year and maybe some Road Racing stuff with some different groups at road atlanta. I still need a few things before i can really be competitive, but this year the racing will just be for the experience and fun of it. I guess also to decide if i wanna try to be a serious competitor in the next few years or just continue to do it for the fun of it

Sweet, thanks for the info.

What's done to your car? Is it caged??? :???:

87 Turbo II
03-01-2009, 09:26 AM
I know:

http://foxed.ca/rx-7/og12a.png

EP3sAreFun
03-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Sweet, thanks for the info.

What's done to your car? Is it caged??? :???:

Lets see...
75lb Delphi Injectors
Aussy Magna manifold modded for RWD
62mm Ford TB
Fuel Injection Pro Fuel computer
Fuel Injection Pro Ignition computer
Spec Stage 3 clutch
lightened 250mm 89 flywheel
89 transmission (Stronger trans than previous years)
89 Front lip
7" Wheels front
8" Wheels rear
Tokico Blues front and rear
Eiback Pro kit
Polyurethane sway bar end links
TD05H-17c Turbo running currently @ 18psi
KDM Performance 2.5" downpipe
KDM Performance 2.5" intercooler pipes
Pure Insanity Customs 2.5" Exhaust
Turbo XS RFL BOV
Turbo XS boost controller
Aeromotive RRFPR 1:1
Flat top forged truck pistons
Balanced Rotating Assy
Stedabani Short Shifter
Shift knob from an old muscle car
Taylor 8.5 mm wires
Summit Big Coil
Summit Ignition Box with Redline at 6200
Re-wired all Fusible links to modern Fuses and relays
Arp Hardware
Caravan Valve cover
Marnal Aluminum head (P&P and valve job)
1mm OS stainless valves
Schneider Racing Valve Springs
No cat converters or resonators
Misc. stainless steel lines (fuel, cooling, and braking)
Side markers
GM alternator 110amp
Summit fuel filter 40 micron
355LPH fuel pump
Oil Catch Can
Custom hoses for oil cooler. no banjos :)

But Nope no cage, not yet anyways. Next mods will probably be more suspension stuff like sway bars or strut bars. wanna get it on the road courses and see how it reacts.

My friend i bought it from was gonna road race it, Coilovers cage and all that. But i'm wanting it to be a bit more street and family friendly. I added interior back into it, primered it, and did some finishing touches on things when he got tired of the project.

tdurr
03-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Clogged front filter. I know it sounds like it shoulda been a simple diagnosis, but this filter was less than a year old on a brand new tank and cleaned fuel system. So i avoided it until it was the only thing left lol

lol ur always supposed to do the simple stuff first....

HypnoToad
03-01-2009, 07:45 PM
mines slow

roche
03-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Sick. You going to that old school meet on saturday? I'd love to see this in person.

tdurr
03-01-2009, 10:51 PM
^^U better fucking go so i can ride with.

AE86Raptor
03-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Hey Kyle, is that you and your car? I assumed it was yours and figured it was you, since it said you work at a parts counter :tongue1:. I was wondering what it looked like and it looks pretty good.

EP3sAreFun
03-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Hey Kyle, is that you and your car? I assumed it was yours and figured it was you, since it said you work at a parts counter :tongue1:. I was wondering what it looked like and it looks pretty good.

Yes thats me :)

and yeah guys i should be there Saturday!

EP3sAreFun
03-02-2009, 07:40 AM
lol ur always supposed to do the simple stuff first....

I know I know:(

tdurr
03-02-2009, 12:57 PM
^^^ its okay, now u kno everything else works!

On_Her_Face
03-02-2009, 01:31 PM
I still can't find a starion yet, the one I wanted was sold before I could get to it :(

EP3sAreFun
03-02-2009, 01:37 PM
I still can't find a starion yet, the one I wanted was sold before I could get to it :(
I know where so many are sitting right now you just gotta ask the right ppl, PM me with what your looking for and what your looking to spend and i bet i'll find a few.

Elbow
03-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Lets see...
75lb Delphi Injectors
Aussy Magna manifold modded for RWD
62mm Ford TB
Fuel Injection Pro Fuel computer
Fuel Injection Pro Ignition computer
Spec Stage 3 clutch
lightened 250mm 89 flywheel
89 transmission (Stronger trans than previous years)
89 Front lip
7" Wheels front
8" Wheels rear
Tokico Blues front and rear
Eiback Pro kit
Polyurethane sway bar end links
TD05H-17c Turbo running currently @ 18psi
KDM Performance 2.5" downpipe
KDM Performance 2.5" intercooler pipes
Pure Insanity Customs 2.5" Exhaust
Turbo XS RFL BOV
Turbo XS boost controller
Aeromotive RRFPR 1:1
Flat top forged truck pistons
Balanced Rotating Assy
Stedabani Short Shifter
Shift knob from an old muscle car
Taylor 8.5 mm wires
Summit Big Coil
Summit Ignition Box with Redline at 6200
Re-wired all Fusible links to modern Fuses and relays
Arp Hardware
Caravan Valve cover
Marnal Aluminum head (P&P and valve job)
1mm OS stainless valves
Schneider Racing Valve Springs
No cat converters or resonators
Misc. stainless steel lines (fuel, cooling, and braking)
Side markers
GM alternator 110amp
Summit fuel filter 40 micron
355LPH fuel pump
Oil Catch Can
Custom hoses for oil cooler. no banjos :)

But Nope no cage, not yet anyways. Next mods will probably be more suspension stuff like sway bars or strut bars. wanna get it on the road courses and see how it reacts.

My friend i bought it from was gonna road race it, Coilovers cage and all that. But i'm wanting it to be a bit more street and family friendly. I added interior back into it, primered it, and did some finishing touches on things when he got tired of the project.

Cool, just run track days with it as is so you don't need all the saftey equipment, and it wouldn't be classed in a class where it could be competitive.

EP3sAreFun
03-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Cool, just run track days with it as is so you don't need all the saftey equipment, and it wouldn't be classed in a class where it could be competitive.
haha yeah I plan on doing something like that