PDA

View Full Version : Supertrapp Muffler on my CRX???

Athens_Red_Rexin
02-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Kinda gettin tired of my exhaust setup so wanted to do something else. I have heard of people using the SuperTrapp muflers and I have been to their website and looked at some videos of it but still not sure. Just curious to see if anyone has used these mufflers and did you like it at all. And what is the best sounding one? Thanks for any help or pointers!!! :goodjob::goodjob:

4eyedbox
02-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Talk about turning back the clock. You might be able to find some decent reviews of Supertrapp exhausts on a CRX in the archives of Grassroots Motorsports. I think the last time I remember reading anything about them was in '96.

Sentra
02-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Ive heard one and it was actually kinda quite. I just hated how it looked.

matthewAPM
02-27-2009, 11:51 AM
I've run it on two of my cars (MR2 and civic) and really like it. Depends on what you think is loud. I only had it on my civic for a very short period of time, but sounded great and not to loud and it ended right behind the front seats.

Elbow
02-27-2009, 12:04 PM
I have one on my Miata. They are awesome, adjust the sound/backpressure, etc.

A LOT of SCCA race cars use these still, as well as Skip Barber, etc etc. Very popular mufflers. In fact they sponsor me, that's how much I <3 them lol.

RWD164
02-27-2009, 03:46 PM
I have one on my BMW 2002. You can the basic weld-on flange and 12-plates from Summit for $65. They are good for small displacement engines were back pressure makes a huge difference. I currently run 9 plates and it is quiet enough, unless you stand on it. There are also "Pretty" Supertrapps for about $160 that look like standard exhaust tips.