PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Turbo problems?

dm1995
09-21-2005, 06:53 AM
has any one ever had a turbo that wont build boost. It reads at vac 10 and then will het 0 and wont build any boost. anyone know what it could be or have an idea.

Supacharge
09-21-2005, 10:03 AM
first make sure your manifold is bolted to your turbo. if you are missing any bolts it will do this. it presents a leak, and therefore wont boost. also check any other piping.

can you hear the turbo spool at all?

HiPSI
09-21-2005, 11:23 AM
check the wastegate actuator to see if it's still connected to the flapper on the turbo... the e-clip likes to fall out and let it separate, thus leaving your wastegate flapping in the wind and no boost.

otherwise, if you don't hear the turbo spooling check for a blown turbo.

Jon00
09-21-2005, 12:09 PM
check the wastegate actuator to see if it's still connected to the flapper on the turbo... the e-clip likes to fall out and let it separate, thus leaving your wastegate flapping in the wind and no boost.

otherwise, if you don't hear the turbo spooling check for a blown turbo.

its a tail wg i dont think he knows how to hook it up

Spyder
09-21-2005, 12:12 PM

is that for controling poop?

HiPSI
09-21-2005, 12:47 PM

if that were the case he'd have blown his shit up already... incorrectly hooked up external gate=BOOM! external gates have only a couple ways to hook them up and they either make the boost you want or a hell of a lot more than you want. due to their design they couldn't hang open unless it were to be opened up and the spring removed completely.

Jon00
09-21-2005, 02:16 PM
if that were the case he'd have blown his shit up already... incorrectly hooked up external gate=BOOM! external gates have only a couple ways to hook them up and they either make the boost you want or a hell of a lot more than you want. due to their design they couldn't hang open unless it were to be opened up and the spring removed completely.

i think it was from the intake manifold to the turbo then a T to the wg (the side port not the top port )

SilverJester
09-21-2005, 05:15 PM
I would think that with any of these problems you would have hit some psi, just pull off you intake pipe and check for shaft play and/or bent fins.

David88vert
09-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Are you actually driving the car, or just sitting in the driveway reving it? That does make a difference. And you mean its a Tial wastegate, correct?

Jon00
09-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Are you actually driving the car, or just sitting in the driveway reving it? That does make a difference. And you mean its a Tial wastegate, correct?

driving the car and yes sorry its a tial

BTLFED
09-22-2005, 11:58 AM
is that for controling poop?

BBAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!! :lmfao:

scttydb411
09-24-2005, 12:37 AM
ck for a blown off chargepipe...usually the most common culprit.

jimjam187
10-09-2005, 02:03 PM
agreed or check the intercooler.

Vuongy_Dong
10-12-2005, 05:54 PM
10 at vaccum? seen many cars at 12 vac, did leak down and found out it was piston and oil rings. Should check vac lines and then do compression and leak down test.

93H22ACX
10-14-2005, 11:43 AM
actually that happened to me... my car was on the dyno and the T4/66 bb turbo wouldnt make boost at all.. it was a new turbo that sat for 1 year.... the shaft was bent... after trailoring home, drove off the trailer... the fins scrapped the housing...

test the turbo by removing the ic coupler on the side of the turbo hit boost and see if there is enough pressure... if there is then its something else.. if not... we have a brand new full-race T3/67 turbo or used GT40 for sale.....

good luck