PDA

View Full Version : Starter question! ASAP

X-Runner
02-25-2009, 11:58 PM
When bench testing a starter the bendix should push out when the starter spins up correct?

FlipKing
02-26-2009, 12:03 AM
:ninja: I see what you did there :ninja:

X-Runner
02-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Haha opps! Just looking for a quick answer.

FlipKing
02-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Ohh, well, to anwser your question, I have no clue in hell

DirtyMechanic
02-26-2009, 12:34 AM
yes it should the gear should push out and turn all near the same time.

X-Runner
02-26-2009, 12:35 AM
^ yeah somewhat like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YrGoLVy-lE

3 damn starters... all bad. :wtf: I just had to make sure I wasnt losing my dang mind, 99% sure that was right.

Barefoot
02-26-2009, 07:44 AM
yah it should kick out and start spinning at the same time. was they brand new remans or junk yard.

X-Runner
02-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Junk yard, all from S&W.

Barefoot
02-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Junk yard, all from S&W.lol ok then thats fine. i had 1 on a accord a few months ago lady didnt want to spend the extra for a new 1. i went thru 4 of them. 2 past the bench test and failed the load test. 2 didnt get past the bench test. junk yards what can u do.

Tech5
02-26-2009, 08:50 AM
I either tell my customers either a new one or pay me my checkout charge and go else where ...I WILL NOT INSTALL A USED STARTER ON CUSTOMERS CARS!!!!

Because even if it works and then they have a problem a week later the same issue its your fault Meaning(shops fault).....

Get a new one an be done with it and get a warranty!!

X-Runner
02-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Well it was $20 vs. $145 but he is getting a new one now. I hope this damn junk yard engine is good... :(

Barefoot
02-26-2009, 09:20 AM
I either tell my customers either a new one or pay me my checkout charge and go else where ...I WILL NOT INSTALL A USED STARTER ON CUSTOMERS CARS!!!!

Because even if it works and then they have a problem a week later the same issue its your fault Meaning(shops fault).....

Get a new one an be done with it and get a warranty!!not me i tell all my customers. if its not a new part bought by me i WILL NOT warranty anything parts or labor. so ie if they buy a junk yard part an want me to install it no warranty. if it doesnt work fuck u pay me. if it takes 4 does im going to get paid 4 times. i had to put a few mechanics liens on cars because of that.

Tech5
02-26-2009, 09:25 AM
not me i tell all my customers. if its not a new part bought by me i WILL NOT warranty anything parts or labor. so ie if they buy a junk yard part an want me to install it no warranty. if it doesnt work fuck u pay me. if it takes 4 does im going to get paid 4 times. i had to put a few mechanics liens on cars because of that.

You know how much a hassle it is to get paid 4 times installing a starter?

You ever been to court because of this type shitt I have an its not worth it!

Barefoot
02-26-2009, 09:32 AM
You know how much a hassle it is to get paid 4 times installing a starter?

You ever been to court because of this type shitt I have an its not worth it!ive been to court once over a lien an it was a headache an half.

ever since then if im in a situation like that i get paid up front no questions asked or they can take it someplace else.

the thing with the starters happened before autozone and other parts stores had tests for the public. now i send everybody there an have them test before they bring me anything.

X-Runner
02-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Well just duck me running! Got the starter on and the spider injection system isnt working for whatever reason. Will run will gas sprayed in the intake, has fuel pressure to the fuel line too. :(

Barefoot
02-26-2009, 04:43 PM
i personally dont like that spider injection shit