PDA

View Full Version : Something you wanted as a small kid...

Julio
02-25-2009, 06:54 PM
When you were a small kid.. was there you wanted so bad...

But due to finances your parents could not afford to buy this for you...

But.. Now that some of us are older and able maybe even afford it.. Have you buy any of those things you once wanted as a kid?? Those things, that you saw other kids had.. that you wanted .,... but parents could not afford..

Im talking about smaller things... Nothing big.. and some of us are older then others .. so of course, times have change and the "wants" are not the same

I know I wanted :

The following :

-A NES --- I finally bought one and actually have it at this moment in my room

-One of those SONY Portable TV's--- Never bought it

-A Pager --- I had one at @ 15 I had to buy myself with savings from allowance...

-A pimp ass Spyder man watch -- lol Never got that

-Some Dope ass Jordan 4 - Just ordered a pair this week.. !! hahah childhood dream

-Timberland Shoes - Already had a few of those

Can't remember what else....

hahaha I know lame ass thread.. but funny.

Brick
02-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Dirtbike. Bought one when I was 19 finally.

Julio
02-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Crazy shit is.. and they never had money for those small things..

But they bought me a Kawasaki 250 Ninja when I was 15.... shit almost killed me lol

Bus Driver J
02-25-2009, 07:07 PM
My childhood thing was video games. When I was young, I had an NES but only had like 3 games. Now i have video game stuff dating back to 1977 and over 100 accessories for the NES alone. Mostly controllers but random other shit too.
And the same for Jordans. I always wanted the 10's but Ill settle for my limited edition 4's.

quickdodgeŽ
02-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Awesome thread, Julio. Seriously.

As for my answer. I never wanted anything I couldn't have. And everything I wanted, I did have. I don't ever remember ever wanting anything "outrageous." Later, QD.

TIGERJC
02-25-2009, 08:25 PM
a go cart. By the time I saved enough money to finally get one at the age of 13, I got in to paintball and used the money all on paintball equipement

redrumracer
02-25-2009, 08:27 PM
a camaro, bought one a week after i turned 18.

d_day87
02-25-2009, 08:30 PM
i always wanted a pair of L.A. gear shoes that lit up when you walked.

sadly, i'm going to look on ebay now. lol

Nissan Sean
02-25-2009, 08:44 PM
a go cart. By the time I saved enough money to finally get one at the age of 13, I got in to paintball and used the money all on paintball equipement

I wanted a go-kart too. plus my dad promised to get me one if i made all A's and B's that year in school. my dad took e to go look at go karts at various places. then i made the grades and my dad didnt get m the go kart. it dissapointed me for a while. im still not sure why he didnt get it for me. im guessing he didnt have the money..

Mr. Clean
02-25-2009, 08:56 PM

x3409284093824

i had the cheap walmart brand though lol. i wanted some british knights ratchet shoes really bad. oh and the knex roller coaster. lol

The Creeper
02-25-2009, 08:58 PM
I used to go look at the c5z at car dealerships when I first started driving. Only took me 3 years to get it:cheers:

FlipKing
02-25-2009, 09:11 PM
For the most part, anything I wanted, my dad did his best to get it for me.

FasTech
02-25-2009, 09:12 PM
I use to want alot of lego's. I have a few but I wanted a shit load so I could build a town or something. One day, at a yard sale, I found a big ass red ben full of lego's. This was about 5 years ago. They're still in my closet to this day..haha

Next, I think would be a gas powered remote control car. Finally when I was 16 I had enough money to buy one. Then I wrecked it 3 days later and didn't have the money to fix it. So, I sold it to a friend of my dad's and he rebuilt it.

But, usually I got just about everything I wanted. Between my grandparents and parents, I had just about everything. But their were few things I always wanted but never got. Not really because of couldn't afford any if it, just didn't get it.

RandomGuy
02-25-2009, 10:41 PM
always wanted a remote control plane, never got one... don't really want one now lol but it pissed me off bc that shit was the most BA thing to have back in the day

I always wanted nikes as a kid but i'd always get the payless special LOL until i had my own money and started getting real shoes haha

of course the usual, dirtbike/gokart... but that shit was tooooo much when we were drivin a fuckin 83 accord until well into the 90s lol we had that shit til like 93
Dirtbikes/gokarts costed more than some real cars haha

Also wanted a calculator watch, but found that shit to be stupid when i hit middle school when "fossil" watches were the shit, i had my own money then and I bought one... til I lost it, which I have never found, never really needed a watch though

AAAAALLLways wanted a pager... ALWAYS... but when i was about the age to get one, cell phones were out and popular... I remember one of my boys (who was like 13) when i was like 10 had one, and his girl used to text him 69696969 on his pager or something and that'd mean they need to meet up at the gazebo in the middle of our neighborhood..... i would text him that bc i was the only other person who knew and he'd go there and be like wtf HAHA

man old days

Oz10
02-25-2009, 10:43 PM
... a barbie jeep.....

JITB
02-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Remote control Plane/Boat (never got one.. had plenty RC cars tho)

Go kart - never got one

Freestyle Bike with the pegs and shit ( i got a regular ole bike..:( )

Super Nintendo ( i got a Sega instead)

Super Soaker 300 - I got the Xp150..:(

http://images.sscentral.org/reviews/ss300_00.jpg

K20Z1
02-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Power Ranger Figures (i was 5) - never bought

rsx (12?) - got it

OnURleft
02-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Always wanted a dirt bike but I never got one. Dad and mom have a thing against them specifically because I amateur raced go-peds and had a mo ped at age 14 and the go ped was dangerous as fook

nreggie454
02-26-2009, 08:19 AM
I have always wanted a drum set.

Sammich
02-26-2009, 08:30 AM
a go cart

i couldnt think of anything til i read that...i didnt get that cuz my mom was afraid that i would get hurt:gay:

if my dad was alive at that time he woulda had me a go cart and a 4wheeler

AirMax95
02-26-2009, 08:30 AM
When I was younger, I always wanted a pair of Jordan's. My parents bought me everything BUT those. I had AirMax's, Grant Hill's, Deion Sander's, Jason Kidds, Penny's, etc. I finally bought my first pair when I started working at Finishline my senior year of high school.

Oh, my OWN tenor saxophone! Still don't have one, but its on the want list.

Killer
02-26-2009, 08:31 AM
mother fuckin power wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wanted one ever since i could remember... my parents NEVER got one for me.. on my christmas wish list that's what was first on the list for years... but NOPE never got it...

my step mom told me it was because my dad was like "he'll out grow it too fast".. BULLSHIT!!! i'd be rockin that thing today had i ever gotten one!!!!

but no.. i never bought one for myself... bet your ass my kids will have em though!!!!

Sammich
02-26-2009, 08:31 AM
When I was younger, I always wanted a pair of Jordan's. My parents bought me everything BUT those. I had AirMax's, Grant Hill's, Deion Sander's, Jason Kidds, Penny's, etc. I finally bought my first pair when I started working at Finishline my senior year of high school.

Oh, my OWN tenor saxophone! Still don't have one, but its on the want list.

do u even play sax?

AirMax95
02-26-2009, 08:33 AM
do u even play sax?

Band geek from 4th grade to the end of highschool; jazz, concert, marching. I am a little rusty now, but once I actually have one, I will never put it down. MY folks refused to drop $3k on a new sax, so I rented the school ones.

Sammich
02-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Band geek from 4th grade to the end of highschool; jazz, concert, marching. I am a little rusty now, but once I actually have one, I will never put it down. MY folks refused to drop $3k on a new sax, so I rented the school ones.

ewww...kissing other sax dudes..yuck lol

dont worry..i did the same for the one year i played french horn:gay: and when i played trumpet...sterilized them bad boyz, til my mom bought me one..now its collecting dust..at least its in its case now:goodjob:

AirMax95
02-26-2009, 08:46 AM
ewww...kissing other sax dudes..yuck lol

dont worry..i did the same for the one year i played french horn:gay: and when i played trumpet...sterilized them bad boyz, til my mom bought me one..now its collecting dust..at least its in its case now:goodjob:

I had my own mouthpiece, lol. I also had the sax flushed when I got it. Luckily I had the same one for a while, and NO ONE else used it. I hope.... :thinking:

Sammich
02-26-2009, 08:53 AM
I HOPE U DIDNT HAVE A GAY BAND DIRECTOR LOL

I QUIT BAN IN 10TH GRADE..THEY SWITCHED BAND DIRECTORS..AND ALL DUDE DID WAS SIT IN THE OFFICE..HE ONLY CARED BOUT MARCHING BAND...NO BAND IN CLASS..SO I QUIT

AirMax95
02-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Ha, we switched band directors my 10th grade year too. The good one left and went to Clark Atl, the new one was a South Carolina State University grad. He was later fired for playing with more than the instruments, LMAO!

Sammich
02-26-2009, 09:00 AM
LIRFL:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Killer
02-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Ha, we switched band directors my 10th grade year too. The good one left and went to Clark Atl, the new one was a South Carolina State University grad. He was later fired for playing with more than the instruments, LMAO!

he was rockin out on the ole sex organ ey???

Sammich
02-26-2009, 09:36 AM

LOL @ BEING AN ORGANIST

AirMax95
02-26-2009, 09:38 AM

LMAO, he was fingering the piano while sliding the trombone.......

Sammich
02-26-2009, 09:39 AM
DID HE USE THE FINGERING CHART?

87 Turbo II
02-26-2009, 09:43 AM
I always wanted a snake, I'll get one someday.

VegetaRules
02-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Well, I had a NES, lost it, and now have another one. I've always wanted that Cliffhangers race car set! The one that supposedly glowed in the dark, & the racing up the wall thing. lol<<< That's the thing I still actually want. lol:goodjob:

I have always wanted certain vintage Transformers, but Moms used to con me in the store, so I told her "when I get older, I'm gonna get them". lol And every tax season, I go get one, or if I get a hella influx of extra cash. lol I have like 45 of them now as collectables.

I always wanted an 87 Regal, I do now own one. I did also want a Voltron set, both of them, the cars, & the lions. I will need to ebay that when I get home. lol Silverhawk,Gobots,Wheeled Warriors, & M.A.S.K toys were things I really wanted. lol

As you can see the unimportant stuff I was granted, just the actual stuff I needed. lol:D ....Vegeta

VegetaRules
02-26-2009, 11:37 AM
P.S Oh yeah, I also wanted the entire set of Garbage Pail Kids cards!! No bullshyt, those joints were hilarious! Nasty gum tho. lol....Vegeta

btldzc
02-26-2009, 12:15 PM
i was very poor. The cock roaches where my friends.. I just wanted a house for them to live in.

Tiff-O-Bitties
02-26-2009, 12:30 PM
L.A. Lights

http://www.missingtoof.com/images/blg/LA_Gear_Lights.jpg

Sammich
02-26-2009, 12:34 PM
tiff..u should definitely get a pair

btldzc
02-26-2009, 12:38 PM
I actually wanted the reebok pumps..remember those?

Sammich
02-26-2009, 12:39 PM
those came back out before

Humphrizzle
02-26-2009, 12:51 PM

i had those.. and i loved all Nike Air Max's..

i had the ugly ass ones with AIR on the sides.

and reebok pumps..

i liked ugly shoes...