PDA

View Full Version : Iphone Ring Tones?

Brett
02-25-2009, 04:40 PM
How the fuck do I make a downloaded song a ring tone on the Iphone? I dont want the basic damn rings, and I even downloaded one from Itunes to make it easy and it still wont migrate over to the phone as a ring tone.

Andy099
02-25-2009, 05:52 PM
www.myxer.com

enjoy & reps please

AnthonyF
02-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Ok, you can do a few things. You can purchase songs from Itunes and create your own ringtones, or jail break your iphone.

There are other ways but a pain for me to figure out. I jail broke my phone and I love it. All the kick ass back grounds and options is great. I've got 5+ Family guy tones, top gun, frank caliendo, Gears of war, all sorts of tones.

-Ant.

Andy099
02-25-2009, 05:58 PM
yo ant. what you knwo about jailbreaking! haha

AnthonyF
02-25-2009, 05:58 PM
It's easy. At first it's a pain in the ass but is a lot of fun after you do it.

-Ant.

TeeJay
02-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Are you putting the files in the Ringtones section when you sync? You can also go to audiko.net and download from there. They have pretty much anything you could possibly want, and you can download the itunes version so it throws the file straight into the Ringtones folder of you itunes

Andy099
02-25-2009, 06:44 PM
yes sir drag into applications

eYezs1ck
02-25-2009, 06:45 PM
okay easiest way possible.

make sure you dont have the itunes software(7.5-7.9)

click on the song you want as a ringtone

edit the song to 30 seconds

convert to ACC

click the song out from itunes to desktop

rename the format of the song(ie.. mp3,mp4 to "R") for ringtones

click on the song after you reformat, it will automatically pull up into your itunes and the SYNC

DESTRO_91
02-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Download iPhoneRingToneMaker, it allows you to create a ringtone for your iPhone without jailbreaking it. Any mp3 file you have saved on your computer can be turned into a ringtone. It's hella simple. I found it on mininova.org.

Brett
02-27-2009, 03:41 PM
^^Thank you!!!

One last thing when deleting emails, is there a way to not have to do it one at a time? I hate tapping 5 at a time, isnt there a ALL DELETE button?

AtLRSX-S
03-03-2009, 01:59 AM
okay easiest way possible.

make sure you dont have the itunes software(7.5-7.9)

click on the song you want as a ringtone

edit the song to 30 seconds

convert to ACC

click the song out from itunes to desktop

rename the format of the song(ie.. mp3,mp4 to "R") for ringtones

click on the song after you reformat, it will automatically pull up into your itunes and the SYNC

Follow this instruction^^ Its how i did it when i first got my phone

ruah_23
03-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Ok, you can do a few things. You can purchase songs from Itunes and create your own ringtones, or jail break your iphone.

There are other ways but a pain for me to figure out. I jail broke my phone and I love it. All the kick ass back grounds and options is great. I've got 5+ Family guy tones, top gun, frank caliendo, Gears of war, all sorts of tones.

-Ant.

where or how do u jailbreak?

C-loS109
03-04-2009, 03:39 PM
im in for response about jailbraking too

TeeJay
03-05-2009, 09:25 AM
if you are a mac user, just google search for the program called quickpwn or winpwn if you use a pc. all you do is run the program, plug in your iphone, and follow the directions. it really is hella easy. a caveman could do it

Vteckidd
03-05-2009, 10:00 AM
just be warned if you jailbreak your phone, you CANNOT upgrade to the latest IPHONE UPDATE, if you do it will lock your phone out until the jailbreakers hack that updated version.

TeeJay
03-05-2009, 10:19 AM
just be warned if you jailbreak your phone, you CANNOT upgrade to the latest IPHONE UPDATE, if you do it will lock your phone out until the jailbreakers hack that updated version.
no it wont, it will just update to the latest version and you will lose your jailbreak until they hack it. it wont lock your phone or anything. and btw, the latest version is jailbroken already. it usually takes the dev team about a day to hack new software versions

osnap
03-13-2009, 06:26 PM
http://audiko.net/

absolutely 100% the most efficient and easiest way to do it.

.blank cd
03-18-2009, 01:32 PM
no it wont, it will just update to the latest version and you will lose your jailbreak until they hack it. it wont lock your phone or anything. and btw, the latest version is jailbroken already. it usually takes the dev team about a day to hack new software versions
3.0 isnt jailbroken yet

twinj
03-18-2009, 01:39 PM
www.myxer.com (http://www.myxer.com/)

enjoy & reps please

That site is the best. You can even upload your own or make your own. For iPhone or any phone.

TeeJay
03-20-2009, 02:58 PM
3.0 isnt jailbroken yet
Well yea, because 3.0 itself isnt even out yet :doh:

white_rice
03-21-2009, 12:21 AM
audiko.com or .net i forgot lol want a g1?

ruah_23
05-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Ok Iphone wizard! I have a problem

I tried making ringtones using Itunes per instruction on the websites. When I tried to syn my phone, the ring tones did not show up on the phn:thinking: . It used to be able to show up but not anymore. the ringtones were listed on the ringtones section on the Itunes but it just won't sync. Can anyone tell me why?

okra1981
05-16-2009, 10:10 PM
http://audiko.net/

absolutely 100% the most efficient and easiest way to do it.
I was wondering why nobody had posted up this site sooner. It is so easy to just save the ringtones to your desktop and then drag them over to Itunes in the ringtone section. You can make your own ringtone or just search for one, it is the simplest site. I was even thinking about getting the latest GarageBand before finding this site.