PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Address to Congress

Alan®
02-24-2009, 09:00 PM
I just wanna throw something at my television

BanginJimmy
02-24-2009, 09:03 PM
It was pure BS just like everything else he has said for the last 4 years.

Alan®
02-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Alright Let the Obama bashing begin......

First off it was nice to hear the tone change BUT over the last few weeks he has proven that he will use watever political tactic gets him what he wants.

1.I like how he said there was no pork in the stimulus bill. Did he even read the damn thing? There's loads of pork in it

2.Mr. President I would like to congratulate making mistake number two by raising taxes on the top 2% which is who most of the jobs are created by in a recession during a time when people no matter what they're credit score are having a hard time making payroll.

3.I hope when he said $2,500 for 4 years he meant $2,500/year for 4 years cause $2,500 for 4 years barely covers the money spent on books.

4.ED Kennedy gets his name on a bill? Seriously? You gotta be fuckin kidding me.

I could go on but overall tonights speech sounded like a regurgitated campaign speech.

blacknightteg
02-24-2009, 10:04 PM
stfu

Alan®
02-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Did you actually watch what he said this time or are you going to go based off what mommy and daddy told you again?

Contribute to the thread mothafucka lol.

blacknightteg
02-24-2009, 10:14 PM
yes i watched the whole entire speech dick. an i understand what he is saying and am pleased by what i have heard. i just get tired of all this dumbass bashing. the man just came into office, hasnt even been in there 100 days yet and your bashing him. the guy has to fix all the bullshit that took place of the past 8 years. yes, bullshit. GW did nothing for this country except for put us into a hudge amount of debt, tarnish our reputation as a country, an keep us in a war thats not going anywhere.

i applaud obama for doing what he is doing. he's under a lot of pressure and to me he's handing it well. that 2% you are crying about should give a fuck, they still make enough money, the taxes are just pocket change im sure.

BanginJimmy
02-24-2009, 10:53 PM
yes i watched the whole entire speech dick. an i understand what he is saying and am pleased by what i have heard. i just get tired of all this dumbass bashing. the man just came into office, hasnt even been in there 100 days yet and your bashing him.

Which lie did he tell you that pleased you? I cant believe anyone actually believes a word this moron says. What happened to no lobbiests in his administration? What happened to no more politics as usual? What happened to transparancy? All of these things went to the wayside just as soon as it was no longer politically expedient.

All of that sounds to me like a great reason to bash him.

the guy has to fix all the bullshit that took place of the past 8 years. yes, bullshit. GW did nothing for this country except for put us into a hudge amount of debt,

What BS for the last 8 years is he going to fix? Cant say housing because that was started under Clinton. Cant say terrorism because that was allowed to bloom under Clinton. Dont take this a basging on Clinton though, I only mention him becuse he was the previous president. You can DEFINATELY throw out fiscal responsibility with Obama doing his best to add 1.2T to the natioal debt less than 60 days. That does not inclue intrest either, including intrest it would be about 1.7T. At his current rate Obama will triple our national debt in 4 years. Yes, that means 30T in the hole. We wont even mention the damage he is trying to do to business owners.

Bush did nothing huh? You dont think the country as a whole being 1000x safer than the previous administration was worth something? How about the fact that Bush led the largest boom our economy has ever seen? How about the fact that he led the way to getting the US out of the recession he inheritted from Clinton? Sounds to me like he did nothing at all.

tarnish our reputation as a country,

Name a single country that hates us now that dint hate us before Bush got in office. I will bet you that you cannot name one. Oh and before you start that list, you can immediately knock France, Germany, Russia, and China out. All of them had a vested intrest in the Hussain regime as they were selling him weapons.

an keep us in a war thats not going anywhere. [/quote]

I actually see the wa going alot of places. Secular violence is down. Foreign fighters coming into the country is coming down to a trickle. Police and military forces are finally starting to weed out some of the militia members on their own. No, its not happening overnight, but no one ever said it was.

i applaud obama for doing what he is doing.

What exactly is he doing besides campaigning and spending our money at an unprecidented rate? I havent seen him do a single thing.

he's under a lot of pressure and to me he's handing it well.

He is under very little pressure. If he succedes he will take all the credit, if he fails he will blame it on Bush. He really is in a no lose situation unless the MSM quit hanging on his balls.

that 2% you are crying about should give a fuck, they still make enough money, the taxes are just pocket change im sure.

Who decides how much money is enough? They are already penalized for acheiving financial sucess, why should they be further punished? What happens if he decides that your tax bracket is making too much money also? Just because you worked hard in school and got a good job doesnt mean you should be able to have things that the HS dropout with 6 kids doesnt have.

bigdare23
02-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Bitching isn't going to solve anything, so you might as well stop...

81911SC
02-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Bitching isn't going to solve anything, so you might as well stop...Nothing more to add?

alpine_aw11
02-24-2009, 11:15 PM
I love how some of those punk-ass congressman got there at 8 in the morning to ensure their TV shot shaking Obama's hand.

81911SC
02-25-2009, 01:46 AM
So Obama said America invented the automobile. LOL
Dummy.

preferredduck
02-25-2009, 01:54 AM
ok banging jimmy here it goes

ok first of all if i remember correctly there may have been a mild recession in the end of 2000, but it depends on who you talk to.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4264572/

but the trouble started after bush, gas prices soared(oil background) and it was also reagan and bush's dady who trained, sold , and funded osama bin laden to "fight off the russians" and made al-quada what it is today. GW also passed 700B in bailout and there is no transparency(AIG asking for another 150B just today) and used fear tactics to do so. "the markets will collapse if we don't act now" that was the final nail in the FEMA coffin ;) and yes we are 100x times safer because there are a million foriegn troops in the US while all our soldiers are in some freakin desert. And btw where are the WMD's, thats the whole reason we even went there and yet we have found nothing, go figure must be a business venture considering the fact that haliburton(cheneys old company) got all exclusive contracts in iraq until they were exposed. sounds to me like bush commited several crimes, like nixon only much worse, and thats why most countries don't like us anymore. and bush has made a new rule saying he or nobody else close to him can never go under oath about some of the bad things they may have done. and you don't think the US sells weapons, give me a break, we had like 80,000 missing weapons in afghan at the first of january, did they get stolen, or just sold, ever seen lord of war. and honestly obama is throwing money out the window just like bush did, so none of them are right. our budget actually at least had a surplus under clinton, when has that ever happened before. damn im done peace!!

BanginJimmy
02-25-2009, 10:01 AM
ok banging jimmy here it goes

ok first of all if i remember correctly there may have been a mild recession in the end of 2000, but it depends on who you talk to.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4264572/

The recession wasnt exactly mild, but it wasnt severe either. Most of the reading I saw said that tax cuts along with the housing boom kept the recession short.

but the trouble started after bush,

No the trouble started before Bush. Just because we didnt see the effects until 2006 doesnt mean thats when they started. Clinton killed a bill to allow offshore drilling in 94. Clinton signed off on the CRA in 93. Clinton push for a got lower standards for loaning.

If we were drilling for oil in '94 we would be free of middle eastern oil and therefore all of the insecurities of the region.

If the CRA was never passed banks would not have been forced to make loans to people that could never pay them back. It was only after that legislation that this mortgage investment market sprang up. Banks wanted to try to minimize their exposure by selling off bundles of these loans in the hopes that they made money on them.

gas prices soared(oil background)

In case you didnt know this, gas prices are not set by the white house. They are set by the free market. There was a large oil boom that lasted a little over a year and heavily overpriced oil. That ended and we now have gas at a price that reflects the supply and demand.

and it was also reagan and bush's dady who trained, sold , and funded osama bin laden to "fight off the russians" and made al-quada what it is today.

They decided that fighting the russians and bringing an end to soviet expansionism was important, and they were right. What happened next was what went wrong. Instead of helping to rebuild the country, they simply left. This allowed the Taliban and other fundamentalists to pretty much take over the country.

GW also passed 700B in bailout and there is no transparency(AIG asking for another 150B just today)

And I was 100% against that bill also. There is absolutely no excuse for govt to get involved in the open marketplace. If a company cannot survive on its own then it needs to fail.

and used fear tactics to do so. "the markets will collapse if we don't act now"

Those are the EXACT same things Obama is saying though. In fact, Obama is more of a fear mongerer than Bush ever was.

and yes we are 100x times safer because there are a million foriegn troops in the US

Explain this please. I have absolutely no clue what you mean here.

And btw where are the WMD's, thats the whole reason we even went there and yet we have found nothing,

Actually no it wasnt the only reason we went there. It was part of the equation, but it wasnt the only reason the Global War on Terrorism was the main reason we went there. No, we didnt find any, but at the same time, we will never know if there really were some there. Hussein had several months to get rid of them before we went in there. There is proof that he has used them in the past, and he claimed to have them at the time. That is enough reason for me.

go figure must be a business venture considering the fact that haliburton(cheneys old company) got all exclusive contracts in iraq until they were exposed.

I agree it was BS, but at the same time, many of the job haliburton got used to be done by the military but the military was drawn down so far during the Clinton regime that many of those jobs went away.

sounds to me like bush commited several crimes, like nixon only much worse, and thats why most countries don't like us anymore.

Name a single crime that Bush committed. Also state the code that it violates. I'm not going to do your portion of the research. If you are going to make the claim you need to have some sort of info to back it up.

and bush has made a new rule saying he or nobody else close to him can never go under oath about some of the bad things they may have done.

Its called executive privilege and Bush wasnt the first to use it. Nixon used it and so did Clinton. I would also like your reference to the fact that Bush "made up the rule" for executive privilege.

and you don't think the US sells weapons, give me a break, we had like 80,000 missing weapons in afghan at the first of january, did they get stolen, or just sold, ever seen lord of war.

Where did I ever say that the US doesnt sell weapons?

and honestly obama is throwing money out the window just like bush did, so none of them are right.

Obama is throwing it out FAR quicker than Bush did. Hell Obama is throwing away 790B in less than 2 months. It took Bush more than 4 years to blow through that much money. Now Obama is asking for MORE money AND another bailout package.

our budget actually at least had a surplus under clinton, when has that ever happened before. damn im done peace!!

Yes we had a small surplus for 1 year. On the other hand Clinton drew down the military and other national security agencies to a dangerous point.

blackboi50
02-25-2009, 10:08 AM
i dunno if i should subscribe or not!!!!........its funny how people watch these things now that obama is in and never watched it when bush was in!!!! :2cents:....1

AirMax95
02-25-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't think we should compare the Bush and Obama term just yet.

Bush should have listened to the chatter about the issues growing from the Clinton term and attempted to fix it then. Yes, 9/11 was a higher priority, but he is the "manager" of the country. His to-Do list should have been 700 pages long.

Obama is attempting to fix the issues that we have now. The issues are BAD. Everyone seems to want to throw in thier $.02 about what should be done to save the market and revive the economy. Many of these "advice" offerring people are the ones who still think nothing is broken.

Obama and fear tactics: I feel he is being straight a nasty with it, and for good reason. The main people taking the current state of a America seriously are the ones losing jobs. It takes that much for people to realize that this is not a joke or ploy, lol.

I hate economic debates because there is no one way to fix economic issues. There are to many active factors that change every second of the day. Time will tell if the market will fix itself, but at this point I don't feel that history will prevail.

BanginJimmy
02-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Obama and fear tactics: I feel he is being straight a nasty with it, and for good reason. The main people taking the current state of a America seriously are the ones losing jobs. It takes that much for people to realize that this is not a joke or ploy, lol.

Were you one of those that was calling Bush a fear mongerer when he spoke of terrorism? I really hope you dont say yes because that would mean you give Obama a pass for something you gave Bush hell about.

BanginJimmy
02-25-2009, 10:22 AM
i dunno if i should subscribe or not!!!!........its funny how people watch these things now that obama is in and never watched it when bush was in!!!! :2cents:....1

I have watched the last 3 state of the union adresses (if you include this one). I honestly think they are pretty much pure BS. They never say anything of real significance and I honeslty cant make myself believe a single word out of a career politician.

AirMax95
02-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Were you one of those that was calling Bush a fear mongerer when he spoke of terrorism? I really hope you dont say yes because that would mean you give Obama a pass for something you gave Bush hell about.

No sir I was not. I was the one screaming "leave North Korea the fuck alone"!

Terrorism is real as I type these words. I applaud Bush for jumping in terrors ass. What happened on 9/11 was not just a random act, it was planned and executed by people who had an agenda. He went to Iraq with a goal, as with Afganishstan. The on-going war is hard to sit here and bash all day because, we the people, don't have ALL the intel.

I gave him the straight face when it SEEMED to me he turned the war into a game.

blackboi50
02-25-2009, 10:35 AM
I have watched the last 3 state of the union adresses (if you include this one). I honestly think they are pretty much pure BS. They never say anything of real significance and I honeslty cant make myself believe a single word out of a career politician.

see jimmy i completely agree with you!!!...........i believe all of these speeches are pure psychological games!!! the president is thinking "hey let me say this so everybody feels good and will clap and applaud"

my point im trying to make is why is there a thread about it???........just wait to see how much is BS then say something about it!!! the man just spoke......i can bet u only 25% of what he says will come to life

like ive said before "ill believe it when i see it" .....1

BanginJimmy
02-25-2009, 11:43 AM
like ive said before "ill believe it when i see it" .....1

I typically take this same approach, but then I look at what he has done to this point. He has gone back on 3 major campaign policies. His first 30 days has been the anti-thesis of transparancy. Most of that is due to congress, but as said before, he is the face of the govt, and this is even more true when his party has significant control of both houses. He has done a 180 on fiscal responsibility with his first spending bill, now there is another bill out there for ANOTHER 410B. The of course you have the lobbiest issue which needs no explanation.

blackboi50
02-25-2009, 11:46 AM
I typically take this same approach, but then I look at what he has done to this point. He has gone back on 3 major campaign policies. His first 30 days has been the anti-thesis of transparancy. Most of that is due to congress, but as said before, he is the face of the govt, and this is even more true when his party has significant control of both houses. He has done a 180 on fiscal responsibility with his first spending bill, now there is another bill out there for ANOTHER 410B. The of course you have the lobbiest issue which needs no explanation.

yea but all presidents go back on their campaign policies....its like they dont know what they can and cant do until they are in the white house....

i wish i could talk to you more but i am ignorant as fuck about congress and lobbyist and shit!!! sorry i just never looked into that stuff!!!......1

BanginJimmy
02-25-2009, 01:35 PM
yea but all presidents go back on their campaign policies

So what happened to change in Washington? ;)

preferredduck
02-25-2009, 03:28 PM
So what happened to change in Washington? ;)

it was all lies to get into office b/c like you i have not seen a change. i forgot where i read the article on the foriegn military in the us but i will try to find it, it basically means that our US soldiers are overseas(not here to protect us if needed) and there are foriegn troops here on our soil. they both have used the same tactics as far as the economy goes. i do know that clinton shrunk the military b/c my dad is retired military and that's why he was always republican, until recently. the sad part is he is losing his job come june b/c of base closures that bush did. gas prices also went crazy b/c of speculation, and a vice president who's old company is about oil, military bases, etc then who was behind the speculation. i will need to do some more searching on the exact "crimes" bush committed but in the news recently there was a group that wanted more answers on iraq and other things when the executive privledge was brought up. as a lot of people have said bush acted like he was above the law, and i don't think even the president should get away with murder. i will do some more research to find some of the articles and stuff for you to read. some of the things out there are BS, but others are not. and another note on fear mongering, i hate to say it but terrorism has been used since 2001, it was used to pass the patriot act, which is similar to what hitler did. terrorism is the biggest fear factor in the world at the moment. its sad that on 9/11 norad was doing a drill on hijacked airplanes, and the london bombings there was an exercise that day about the same thing that happened, ironically at the same subway station.

BanginJimmy
02-25-2009, 03:54 PM
its sad that on 9/11 norad was doing a drill on hijacked airplanes, and the london bombings there was an exercise that day about the same thing that happened, ironically at the same subway station.

got any proof of these?

Again, executive provilege was used MANY times before Bush used it. No, he is not above the law, but it seems that Congress thought Clinton was above the law. Unless those same congressmen that want to go after Bush go after Clinton as well I will continue to call them hypocritical morons.

blackboi50
02-25-2009, 04:05 PM
so preferred duck you expect to see the change right away??? :thinking:.....not gonna happen!!!!.....1

BanginJimmy
02-25-2009, 04:09 PM
so preferred duck you expect to see the change right away??? :thinking:.....not gonna happen!!!!.....1

I know this wasnt directed to me, but I will answer anyways. I didnt expect to see any measurable change already, but I would have liked to think he would at elast put some control on spending and earmarks. This new spending bill that passed the House today had nearly 9k earmarks in it. Both parties were equally responsible for the pork too which pisses me off even more. If you are going to call yourself a republican or conservative you damn well need at act like one.

preferredduck
02-25-2009, 04:10 PM
got any proof of these?

Again, executive provilege was used MANY times before Bush used it. No, he is not above the law, but it seems that Congress thought Clinton was above the law. Unless those same congressmen that want to go after Bush go after Clinton as well I will continue to call them hypocritical morons.

i know bush did not come up with it and unforunately i was uninterested in this stuff wle clinton was i office. again i will try to find the article.i hve heard actual recordings of that day and the response from to the control towers was is this apart of the drill. it has been a coupl of years since i have seen these articles and such, but norad is our air defense system and it was a good hour till the second tower washit, thats plenty of time for jets to get into the air.

BanginJimmy
02-25-2009, 04:14 PM
but norad is our air defense system and it was a good hour till the second tower washit, thats plenty of time for jets to get into the air.

Before the second plane hit there was no way to know that it was an attack. I seriously doubt you have any clue as to how much info in processed in an ATC tower and their first reaction is always going to be error or mishap, not terrorist. At least in my case, when the second plane hit we were in action VERY quickly. Within an hour of it I was walking the flightline with a shotgun and strapped to a humvee during a typhoon.

blackboi50
02-25-2009, 04:15 PM
are we seriously talking about 9/11 in a thread that says obama???.......1

Alan®
02-25-2009, 04:34 PM
but the trouble started after bush, gas prices soared(oil background) and it was also reagan and bush's dady who trained, sold , and funded osama bin laden to "fight off the russians" and made al-quada what it is today.
I stopped reading at this point. You obviously have absolutely no clue as to what the hell you are talking about. Reagan didn't do that CARTER DID. How many times do I have to explain that to people on here? Don't believe me? Here's the interview from a few years back that I have posted at least a dozen times

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/BRZ110A.html

Please do research before opening your mouth.

The ignorance of some people amazes me.

preferredduck
02-25-2009, 04:52 PM

ok first of all obama said no more lobbyist etc, and we have several known lobbyists in his cabinet. a lot of the people also came from the clinton administration and lobbying still exists today. i know it will take time for a change to happen, but the red flags have already been raised on the issue.

punkr6
02-25-2009, 04:57 PM
It was pure BS just like everything else he has said for the last 4 years.

NUFF SAID

preferredduck
02-25-2009, 05:08 PM
I stopped reading at this point. You obviously have absolutely no clue as to what the hell you are talking about. Reagan didn't do that CARTER DID. How many times do I have to explain that to people on here? Don't believe me? Here's the interview from a few years back that I have posted at least a dozen times

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/BRZ110A.html

Please do research before opening your mouth.

The ignorance of some people amazes me.

it was done in the cold war era, and for your knowledge my father was on a submarine during the cold war, it could have been carter, but i know bin laden was screwed under reagan, and ollie north was jailed for selling weapons to the iran contra force. no reason for calling someone an idiot for not remembering everything. excuse me for being wrong at exactly which president did that, let me correct myself THE US TRAINED AL QUEDA
damn and after reading the article it happened right in the last couple of months of his term. let me ask you also who was it involved in the savings and loan scandal back in the day.

preferredduck
02-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Before the second plane hit there was no way to know that it was an attack. I seriously doubt you have any clue as to how much info in processed in an ATC tower and their first reaction is always going to be error or mishap, not terrorist. At least in my case, when the second plane hit we were in action VERY quickly. Within an hour of it I was walking the flightline with a shotgun and strapped to a humvee during a typhoon.

yes ATC is the most stressful job and has a lot of things being tracked/going on at the same time. like i said i will see if i can find the audio clips of the firefighters and ATC tower that reported planes going off coure. BTW were you in the military, if so what branch. they would not let me get a job selling guns and ammo to third world countries so i would have been useless to them.

i am a firm believer that washington needs to be for the people by the people again, not for the rich by the rich and screw you little guy.

Alan®
02-25-2009, 05:22 PM
they would not let me get a job selling guns and ammo to third world countries so i would have been useless to them.
Wow.

preferredduck
02-25-2009, 05:24 PM
^^^It's a joke man. i am in sales and was recruited to do so since 18 years of age, calm down it's a joke.

§treet_§peed
02-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Obama will be the demise of this country. No he did not start it, but he is going to push us off the cliff. Very soon. Everyone that voted for him thinks he is gonna be so great because of his skin color. Hell, black people are even more lazy now at the store i work at than before he was elected. Remember, OBAMA WILL FIX EVERYTHING.

§treet_§peed
02-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Before the second plane hit there was no way to know that it was an attack. I seriously doubt you have any clue as to how much info in processed in an ATC tower and their first reaction is always going to be error or mishap, not terrorist. At least in my case, when the second plane hit we were in action VERY quickly. Within an hour of it I was walking the flightline with a shotgun and strapped to a humvee during a typhoon.911 was an inside job whether you wanna believe it or not. Anyone ever watched the interviews where high members of congress slipped up and talked about things that where not suppossed to be mentioned again. They were never played on tv again. Hell there was even a video on you tube that has all of them in it. One inteview was with a guy that wittnessed the first explosion. HE SAID IT WAS NOT A PLANE IT WAS A BOMB. ANOTHER PART SHOWS WHERE BUSH WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW HE SAW THE FIRST PLANE HIT. IF YOU REMEMBER NO ONE SAW THE FIRST PLANE HIT. BUSH WAS AT A ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TALKING TO THE KIDS WHEN ONE OF HIS STAFF CAME IN AND NOTIFIED HIM ABOUT IT. ;)

eraser4g63
02-25-2009, 07:09 PM
There has been change in Washington, we have been changing to a socialist gov't .

§treet_§peed
02-25-2009, 07:13 PM
lol i guess that was the change he talked about but never described in detail.

eraser4g63
02-25-2009, 07:21 PM
No it was not, that is why i was so concerned.

§treet_§peed
02-25-2009, 07:31 PM
you didn't get what i meant did you.

mike's02ls1
02-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Did anyone notice if he was dropping F bombs? They played a clip on the radio with all the blips. I think for who really paid attention and read his lips could have notice. Only the folks who has HD and watch it on a cable channel got to see it.

preferredduck
02-25-2009, 07:37 PM
lol i guess that was the change he talked about but never described in detail.

i guess that's wgat joe the plumber was talking about all along.

BanginJimmy
02-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Did anyone notice if he was dropping F bombs? They played a clip on the radio with all the blips. I think for who really paid attention and read his lips could have notice. Only the folks who has HD and watch it on a cable channel got to see it.

I would rather see someone get pissed and drop a public F bomb that this PC shit the country is knee deep in.

§treet_§peed
02-25-2009, 09:46 PM
If i where to address the nation on national tv. I WOULD SAY FUCK THIS AND THAT COUNTRY. EVERY ONE SMOKE A JOINT AND BE HAPPY. lol i dunno if i would really say that. but seriously, we need a strong leader that has a descent head on their shoulders.

mike's02ls1
02-25-2009, 10:34 PM
I would rather see someone get pissed and drop a public F bomb that this PC shit the country is knee deep in.
True, but if is true that is funny... I just wish they would vote the FairTax into law, and get a conservetive as president.

BanginJimmy
04-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Bringing this back from the dead to see if anyone that posted wants to go abck on any of their words.

I am glad to say that I was pretty much correct in all of my ramblings in here.

Obama is a lair, Bush is an idiot, Congress needs to be napalmed. And I am now on the DHS shitlist as a right wing extremist.

NAMNORI
04-17-2009, 03:02 PM
me too me too. I fucking hate the officials that WE have put in place. Damn we fucked up a lot