PDA

View Full Version : Military guys.

XLR8NMR2
02-24-2009, 06:13 PM
just wondering if any one on here serves? Alot of my friends are getting shipped to Afghanistan any here active duty?

Julio
02-24-2009, 06:15 PM
My cousin is also leaving... He's in TN right now...

Xrated O.G.
02-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Retired Combat Veteran here. I dont know of anybody thats active duty on the boards. I know at least one or two have recently shipped out to basic...

quickdodge®
02-24-2009, 07:49 PM
I was. Back in 1989. Later, QD.

Friggintitsman
02-24-2009, 07:55 PM
I was from 1997-2005.... Iraq 2003-2004 and I'm going back in as an officer in a few weeks.

BanginJimmy
02-24-2009, 08:15 PM
AD from 97-06, now I am in the guard. I just did my pre-deployment physical last week so now I am waiting for a unit to pick me up to go overseas. Hopefully it happens soon.

keva52
02-24-2009, 08:21 PM
just got out in october..

quickdodge®
02-24-2009, 08:26 PM
I wish I could have stayed in. I know I missed out on a lot fun, good experiences. I was medically discharged. Later, QD.

Pickleteg
02-24-2009, 08:29 PM
I am active duty Army stationed at Hunter AAF in Savannah. Been in since 01 and have deployed to Iraq 3 times.....should be going to Afghanistan this time next year me thinks.

keva52
02-24-2009, 08:37 PM
I was medically discharged.

so was i...

isa2o3
02-24-2009, 08:44 PM
I was from 1997-2005.... Iraq 2003-2004 and I'm going back in as an officer in a few weeks.

lol that movie on your sig was straight retarded

NeWTRouBLeArMy
02-24-2009, 09:37 PM
im in, leave on the 13 of next month for training to go to kuwait

Friggintitsman
02-24-2009, 09:38 PM
We need to get the hell out of Iraq already.

Pickleteg
02-24-2009, 09:41 PM
im in, leave on the 13 of next month for training to go to kuwait

Kuwait....hotter then hell......I would rather be in Iraq getting mortared then dealing with the Kuwait heat.

bafbrian
02-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Did AD for a little bit, been in the Army Guard at Dobbins AFB ever since. Got my commission back in 2006 and hopefully a promotion to 1LT in a month or so. :D

DESTRO_91
02-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Kuwait....hotter then hell......I would rather be in Iraq getting mortared then dealing with the Kuwait heat.
Phuc that! The heat in Iraq is the same as the heat in Kuwait, I've been to both spots.
I'm active duty, stationed here in Atlanta.

Friggintitsman
02-24-2009, 09:48 PM
So anyone go to OCS or Ranger school? Two schools that will be in my near future. Just want to know what to expect.

RandomGuy
02-24-2009, 10:57 PM
my boy rehdogg was in the haitian military http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mWW6kRITEY

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 06:26 AM
i cant fucking wait to get to afghanistan and fuck shit up

air force baby, my recruiter is going to enlist me in about 2 years the requirements to join the airforce are through the roof...so i might just be a marine...warlords baby.

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 06:26 AM
where the fuck is bin laden?

92mr2T
02-25-2009, 07:19 AM

air force baby, my recruiter is going to enlist me in about 2 years the requirements to join the airforce are through the roof...so i might just be a marine...warlords baby.

what requirements specifically?

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 07:56 AM
what requirements specifically?

for the aviation program

no tatoo's
gotta score 90% or higher on the asfab
no piercings
perfect vision
gotta get a bachelors degree b4 i can join
gotta have some flying hours
pilots license

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 07:58 AM
i just want to nuke the shit outta something....send a nuclear tipped sidewinder missle laser pointed at bin laden's forhead.

most of the new air force planes are unmanned so only like 5% of pilots actually get to fly...but if i cant make it to the airforce i will try and fly an Apache helicopter.

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 08:07 AM
"i gots to get me one of these"

http://hashmonean.com/images/f22.jpg

http://www.hyscience.com/archives/F-F22A.jpg

RandomGuy
02-25-2009, 08:33 AM
what color

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 09:14 AM
pink

BanginJimmy
02-25-2009, 10:10 AM
most of the new air force planes are unmanned so only like 5% of pilots actually get to fly...but if i cant make it to the airforce i will try and fly an Apache helicopter.

1. All new Chair Force planes are manned. These include the F-22 and the JSF.

2. Chair Force doesnt fly Apache's. Only the Army does.

BanginJimmy
02-25-2009, 10:11 AM

I know it has been several years, but I am pretty sure that it is still harder to get into the Corps than it is the Chair Force.

BanginJimmy
02-25-2009, 10:15 AM
for the aviation program

no tatoo's
no piercings
perfect vision
pilots license

You can have tats. Just none that can be seen in a service uniform.

ASVAB is not scored on a percentage basis. It is scored with a GT score and several other scores to break down each individual section. I also dont believe an officer takes the ASVAB.

Vision requirements are only correctable to 20/20. If you have glasses or contacts you can still fly.

Need a Bachelors to be an officer.

You dont need a pilots license to be a pilot in any service. You will still go through the same basic schools that someone with no flight experience at all.

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 10:41 AM

ASVAB is not scored on a percentage basis. It is scored with a GT score and several other scores to break down each individual section. I also dont believe an officer takes the ASVAB.

Vision requirements are only correctable to 20/20. If you have glasses or contacts you can still fly.

You dont need a pilots license to be a pilot in any service. You will still go through the same basic schools that someone with no flight experience at all.

good shit i havent talked to my recruiter in a year or so so things might be different considering we need all the help we can get for afghainstan and probably iran soon.

Friggintitsman
02-25-2009, 10:54 AM

I'm about to go back in as an officer and I have to take the ASVAB. Only if you are already in and your GT score is above a 110 can you go directly to commission without either raising your GT or taking the ASVAB.

autobahn
02-25-2009, 11:25 AM
i leave for Paris island june 15

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 12:05 PM
god bless all my troops leaving i'll be praying for yall. keep god close because this is a holy war we are fighting.

Julio
02-25-2009, 03:39 PM

I dont know much.. But I heard the air force are mostly pencil pushers and Chics..

But I heard you can get so much punani thats crazy...

Brick
02-25-2009, 03:50 PM

More wanna-be hard asses and thugs are not needed in the military. Go apply at McDonalds.

chubbieboi
02-25-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm active duty, in the Air Force. Been in for over a year now.

tron
02-25-2009, 03:58 PM
i leave for basic in Sept and i cant wait! im going in for a spec ops position i just havent decided which one. i qualify for PJ, CCT, and SERE

much respect to all the vets

BanginJimmy
02-25-2009, 04:05 PM
I dont know much.. But I heard the air force are mostly pencil pushers and Chics..

But I heard you can get so much punani thats crazy...

This is true. When I was AD and stationed in Japan I got all kinds of AF chicks. They loved the Marines.

Oh and AF chick are fuckin freaks. One even let me do ATM.

civictR
02-25-2009, 04:13 PM
i just want to nuke the shit outta something....send a nuclear tipped sidewinder missle laser pointed at bin laden's forhead.

Hahaha:lmfao: :lmfao: why air force?? when you can shoot out varsity??:lmfao:

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Hahaha:lmfao: :lmfao: why air force?? when you can shoot out varsity??:lmfao:

please don't ever post in any of my threads you dumb motherfucker

go crash that piece of shit car into a pole and die in a horrible gasoline fire....

one less civic owner we would have to worry about revving at us at redlights.....

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 04:25 PM
More wanna-be hard asses and thugs are not needed in the military. Go apply at McDonalds.

wanna-be hard ass?

motherfucker do you even know me? or are you basing my "hardness" off ia like the rest of you sorry bitches. :blah:

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 04:26 PM
because everyone that actually knows me, in real life know i am one hard ass mofo

Brick
02-25-2009, 04:30 PM
because everyone that actually knows me, in real life know i am one hard ass mofo

See, if this was a joke...it would be okay and almost funny. But from everything I've seen in the past it's not and you really are that big of a douche.

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
fuck you bitch your name is nick mcardale wtf kinda name is that?

i'll wipe my ass and smear it all over your face.

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 04:45 PM
and stop coming in my productive threads and bring drama you fucking woman, i'll pull your skirt up and reveal your vagina for the whole world to see.

RandomGuy
02-25-2009, 04:54 PM
lol are you serious?

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 05:19 PM
you don't know me hasan you have only seen me what 3 times in the past 6 years we have known eachother through ia

XLR8NMR2
02-25-2009, 05:20 PM
you can ask nyteryder and my cuzzo about me. they will tell you i'm insane in the membrane.

Brick
02-25-2009, 06:55 PM
and stop coming in my productive threads and bring drama you fucking woman, i'll pull your skirt up and reveal your vagina for the whole world to see.

I've been in the military five years, my point is valid. More asshats like you are not needed.

The name is Scottish/Irish, something of the sort.

I wish I had a vagina, that'd be tons of fun.

Friggintitsman
02-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Just got back from the ASVAB test and I got a 116 on my GT. Looks like I'm a go for OCS.

Friggintitsman
02-25-2009, 07:48 PM
And apparently according to my other scores I'm more than qualified for whatever job I want. Booya

TheProfiteer
02-25-2009, 07:54 PM
I wish I had a vagina, that'd be tons of fun.

two things.

1.You want to rethink that last statement there?

2. even if you rethink it, its been sigged.

lol thats epic fail right there.

redrumracer
02-25-2009, 08:14 PM
my friend just got shipped over there Sunday for "training" had only a couple days notice.

not sure if thats the kind of shipping you are talking about.

_Christian_
02-25-2009, 08:25 PM
good shit i havent talked to my recruiter in a year or so so things might be different considering we need all the help we can get for afghainstan and probably iran soon.
Nope, that's the way things have been. You just don't know what you are talking about.

redrumracer
02-25-2009, 08:35 PM
for the aviation program

no tatoo's
no piercings
perfect vision
pilots license
thats full of misinformation.
tattoo's ok- just not visible while in uniform
no asvab for officers, different test not asvab
corrected to 20/20
true, do need a BS in something
false dont need any flight hours
and you dont have to have a pilots license to get in the program but you they do require you to get a PP license.

and false on both parts.

Brick
02-25-2009, 10:03 PM
two things.

1.You want to rethink that last statement there?

2. even if you rethink it, its been sigged.

lol thats epic fail right there.

There's no fail, just pure :lmfao: Finally, I said something sig worthy :D

81911SC
02-25-2009, 10:13 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL
You are really showing you know nothing about the Air Force.

RandomGuy
02-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Mr McCardle?

dyu have a gnat?

weren't you a DSM dude... I think i bought some gunmetal wheels from you a LONGGG time ago

they were either 16" or 17" .

Brick
02-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Mr McCardle?

dyu have a gnat?

weren't you a DSM dude... I think i bought some gunmetal wheels from you a LONGGG time ago

they were either 16" or 17" .

That's me.

Friggintitsman
02-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Call it a hunch but I think XLR8NMR2 may be a bit of a retard.

Pickleteg
02-25-2009, 11:24 PM
WOW...guys....this got gay really quick...........

autobahn
02-26-2009, 11:50 AM
my friend just got shipped over there Sunday for "training" had only a couple days notice.

not sure if thats the kind of shipping you are talking about.

Yea i mean ship as in the day i leave for basic.
Scored a perfect score on the IST for the marines perfect 300

BanginJimmy
02-26-2009, 12:27 PM

I am beginning to believe this is a statement of fact. This kid is talking about being a millionare in 2 years while in the Air Force? Officers make good money, but not nearly that good, especially as a butter bar.

Friggintitsman
02-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I am beginning to believe this is a statement of fact. This kid is talking about being a millionare in 2 years while in the Air Force? Officers make good money, but not nearly that good, especially as a butter bar.

If you are an officer you will have a fair amount of spare time on your hands. I plan to have another form of business on the side. One that takes very little work and can gross a pretty substantial amount of money to add to what you will already be making in the military. That is the smart thing to do. I've got most of it worked out I just need starting money. That is where the military comes in.

Master Shake
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM
i've been talking to the army recruits cause i'm getting all the info before i sign up. but i do plan on joining it and going on active duty. just debating right now on what job i want while i'm doing it. cause there are a lot of different things.

and i'm hoping the college degree i already got will help me come out of basic ranked a little higher than normal, not sure though, gotta take my college transcript up there so they can tell me if i would or not.

Friggintitsman
02-26-2009, 12:52 PM
i've been talking to the army recruits cause i'm getting all the info before i sign up. but i do plan on joining it and going on active duty. just debating right now on what job i want while i'm doing it. cause there are a lot of different things.

and i'm hoping the college degree i already got will help me come out of basic ranked a little higher than normal, not sure though, gotta take my college transcript up there so they can tell me if i would or not.

If you have a bachelor's don't be stupid go officer. You will get paid more and have some leadership.

What did you get your degree in?

See about tuition payback, bonus, choice of duty station.

BanginJimmy
02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
If you are an officer you will have a fair amount of spare time on your hands. I plan to have another form of business on the side. One that takes very little work and can gross a pretty substantial amount of money to add to what you will already be making in the military. That is the smart thing to do. I've got most of it worked out I just need starting money. That is where the military comes in.

A 2nd Lt has very little free time. They are constantly getting stuck with random projects or duties.

BanginJimmy
02-26-2009, 02:13 PM

Aviation is a good place to start with, so is logistics. Both of those fields are always in demand in the civilian world.

Friggintitsman
02-26-2009, 03:39 PM
A 2nd Lt has very little free time. They are constantly getting stuck with random projects or duties.

No matter the rank it all depends on the unit you are with.

zimabog
02-26-2009, 03:46 PM
god bless all my troops leaving i'll be praying for yall. keep god close because this is a holy war we are fighting.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/148033/republican_jesus2.jpg

Master Shake
02-26-2009, 04:43 PM
What did you get your degree in?

See about tuition payback, bonus, choice of duty station.got it in auto collision repair. over 70 credit hours.

Aviation is a good place to start with, so is logistics. Both of those fields are always in demand in the civilian world.i'm waiting to take the asvab again, since my last one is outdated. then kinda look at the option available. i did take a practice test got scored about a 60, which is pretty good.

Frög
02-26-2009, 04:47 PM
my boy rehdogg was in the haitian military http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mWW6kRITEY

WTF :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Frög
02-26-2009, 04:56 PM

LOL :lmfao:

And we are not going to war with Iran..

Friggintitsman
02-26-2009, 05:56 PM
got it in auto collision repair. over 70 credit hours.

i'm waiting to take the asvab again, since my last one is outdated. then kinda look at the option available. i did take a practice test got scored about a 60, which is pretty good.

It use to be 90 credit ours to be and officer, but now you need a BA. You can still get some rank coming in with those credits though.

XLR8NMR2
02-26-2009, 11:15 PM
hahahahahahahahha

FlipKing
02-27-2009, 12:19 AM
One of my childhood friends is in afghan right now. Has lost 3 friends and was hit by shrapnel himself.

BanginJimmy
02-27-2009, 02:56 PM
i'm waiting to take the asvab again, since my last one is outdated. then kinda look at the option available. i did take a practice test got scored about a 60, which is pretty good.

Gotta improve a bit. You will want a minimum of an 80 on it to get a decent job.

FlipKing
02-27-2009, 04:47 PM
I forget what I made on the practice asvab, but I was told it was a good enough grade that I could pick my own career basically.lol

BanginJimmy
02-27-2009, 06:57 PM
I forget what I made on the practice asvab, but I was told it was a good enough grade that I could pick my own career basically.lol

I originally took it with the Army but the recruiter pissed me off so I took my scores to other services. I got an 87 on the test and a 115 GT. Navy offered me nuke and like a fucking idiot I didnt jump at it. I went into the Corps to fix airplanes instead.

Type-R
02-27-2009, 07:15 PM
USMC July 2000 - Present. Less then 90 days left on contract extension and I'm out.

OEF 2002 MEU
OIF 2003 Invasion
OIF 2008 Ramadi

Just took the police exam for the Charlotte, NC city department. Will either be heading there for work or getting back in touch with Cobb to finish my testing to work there.

AtifSajid
02-27-2009, 09:11 PM
This thread has got to be a joke..

ultm8mind
02-28-2009, 11:13 AM
I have been to Afghanistan, does he know where his unit is going? PM me, I just left last year.

...and you joining the Air Force, hmmm, that part I would think is a joke after all the drama you were starting last week....

quickdodge®
02-28-2009, 11:15 AM
This thread has got to be a joke..

It is.

There is no way Mark is going to any military service. I have "proof" of that. Later, QD.

XLR8NMR2
02-28-2009, 11:30 AM
WHERES THE PROOF OLD MAN

XLR8NMR2
02-28-2009, 11:32 AM
USMC July 2000 - Present. Less then 90 days left on contract extension and I'm out.

OEF 2002 MEU
OIF 2003 Invasion
OIF 2008 Ramadi

Just took the police exam for the Charlotte, NC city department. Will either be heading there for work or getting back in touch with Cobb to finish my testing to work there.

STEVE man wtf is up? you need to come back through atl and have a drink with the boys like the good ole days....how is the skyline doing that shit is sick you should sell it to me!

XLR8NMR2
02-28-2009, 11:39 AM
WHERES THE PROOF OLD MAN

X2

Type-R
02-28-2009, 12:34 PM
STEVE man wtf is up? you need to come back through atl and have a drink with the boys like the good ole days....how is the skyline doing that shit is sick you should sell it to me!

Same old same old, still waiting on the car to get out of the shop. My other RX7 just left Okinawa last week, should have it in a few weeks to a month :D

I'm planning to swing by town next month or so, trying to save my vacation days so I can get out earlier :D

XLR8NMR2
02-28-2009, 01:05 PM
cool man make sure and hit us up so we can check the rides out...i needa ride in the GTR...let me know when you come by!

Evil Goat
02-28-2009, 01:07 PM
cool man make sure and hit us up so we can check the rides out...i needa ride in the GTR...let me know when you come by!

shut the fuck up.

Frög
02-28-2009, 01:10 PM
shut the fuck up.

I like that tactic.. Seems nothing else works, I mean, its not like you can argue with him.. Its like arguing with a dog.. Won't get you far..

GSR1587
02-28-2009, 01:35 PM
im active duty been to afgahn once already, waiting ot go again

XLR8NMR2
02-28-2009, 01:37 PM
shut the fuck up.

ok i will shut the fuck up only if you agree to run that car into a brick wall going 100 mph

jumpin800agl
02-28-2009, 02:13 PM
lol at this thread. Sounds like some people need to get their facts straight about the branch they are trying to join.

US Army (Active)
2001- Present
11b2p

Friggintitsman
03-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Please die in a car fire.

B18c-rex
03-02-2009, 01:39 AM
I swear some people dont need to join the service regardless of branch just because they think its cool :rolleyes:. Hoo Rahh to the devil dogs , an awesome buch of men an women.

Active-Army
2007-present
25v (combat photographer)

chubbieboi
03-02-2009, 07:39 AM
What difference does it make for which services is Cool? We all are fighting and supporting on the same side to get the job done.

Air Force- Active
January08- Present
2S0x1- Materiel Management

autobahn
03-02-2009, 11:26 AM
I originally took it with the Army but the recruiter pissed me off so I took my scores to other services. I got an 87 on the test and a 115 GT. Navy offered me nuke and like a fucking idiot I didnt jump at it. I went into the Corps to fix airplanes instead.

Thats what i'm suppose to be doing in the corps after boot camp. :cheers:

BanginJimmy
03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Thats what i'm suppose to be doing in the corps after boot camp. :cheers:

There is a SHITLOAD of money to be made in the civilian world doing it. One bit of advise though, when you get to your duty station find out about school for your A&P. In the time it would take you to get though all the other classes for a Assoc. you can also get all your time to take the A&P tests. It is well worth it. I was an idiot for not doing when I was in.

XLR8NMR2
03-02-2009, 02:39 PM
What difference does it make for which services is Cool? We all are fighting and supporting on the same side to get the job done.

Air Force- Active
January08- Present
2S0x1- Materiel Management

word. God bless

autobahn
03-03-2009, 08:58 AM
There is a SHITLOAD of money to be made in the civilian world doing it. One bit of advise though, when you get to your duty station find out about school for your A&P. In the time it would take you to get though all the other classes for a Assoc. you can also get all your time to take the A&P tests. It is well worth it. I was an idiot for not doing when I was in.

thanks for the advice:goodjob:

Nyteryder
03-03-2009, 09:20 PM
I am currently in iraq as a civilian contractor with KBR. I might be going to afgh. later on this year. If you want to go over there, contract work is a good way to go. Alot of money to be made. Deep into the 6 figures for alot of contracts.

BanginJimmy
03-03-2009, 09:22 PM
I am currently in iraq as a civilian contractor with KBR. I might be going to afgh. later on this year. If you want to go over there, contract work is a good way to go. Alot of money to be made. Deep into the 6 figures for alot of contracts.

I have seriously considered it and if I dont get this job with lockheed I may do it. I also have a friend over there now as a generator mechanic with dynacorps.

81911SC
03-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Red army type shit?

Friggintitsman
03-03-2009, 09:24 PM

I would do that, but I really didn't know my job well enough in the army to consider that kind of work. Plus I hated that shit anyway.