PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my bank (WAMU) Please help.

BeastRodeo
02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Well I've had this problem for a while now. Somehow somewhere someone is using my card. I keep getting charged for LOADS of money, I have negative $391 with 12 Non-Sufficient Funds Charges for $34. I've had this happen to me before but I was only about $50 in negative and they took off the charges, canceled my account, and sent me a new one. Now once again I'm having this happen. I called and they said they cannot do anything about it and they can't take off the charges because they already took them off before. After I saw the first charge I decided not to use my card for a whole week and use my other account with Bank of America just in case I was the one wasting all the money. But that wasn't the case because after that I had 11 more charges. So my question is, is there anything I can do about this other then just pay it off and close my account? I mean it's not hard paying off $391 but it sucks when you have to pay it off and you're not the one that spent that money. Serious answers only please, if you don't have anything smart to say please don't say anything at all. Thank you.

Nismo
02-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Where are the charges being hit to?

wannab20hatch
02-24-2009, 07:27 PM
id say to get a lawyer. because bad checks go on your credit now. you may be looking at identity theft or something.

BanginJimmy
02-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Go back to the actual vendors that charged your card. I actually had to do this with Capitol One today because of a $550 charge. Whats even worse is that it comes immediately after I transfered balances from another card and a small loan onto that card for the 0% and it caused me to go over my limit and lose the 0%.

chameleon30038
02-24-2009, 10:27 PM
wow...i really wish i had some input to help you man.... i really hope this matter gets handled in you favor.

Professor X
02-26-2009, 03:43 PM
You should be able to dispute the charges. If it was your debit card, there is a time limit for you to dispute the charges, so you should do so as soon as possible. Your bank has the forms. The form will ask for the amount and whether the card was in your posession at the time, if you've ever given anyone your pin number, and such. The bank has a fraud team that will investigate the charges and how they were processed. Unless they can prove that the signature matches yours, or that your pin number was used, you will get your money back without the need of an attorney. First things, first; go to your bank and dispute the charges. Let us know how it works out!

Tony

Dr.G35
02-28-2009, 09:08 AM
your bank should be able to trace thevendors it was charged at. also they should be able to tell you the date and time. if they still say they cant do anything get a lawyer nad then after you get this all squared away change banks, both of them actually. (i used to work at a bank and i am not a fan of BOA)