PDA

View Full Version : Going to cozumel in April..

btldzc
02-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Anyone been there or Cancun? Let me know where to go..first time for me..

TheGodfather
02-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Avoid Mexico like the plague it is. Seriuosly.

But if you are going, yes I've been to Cozumel. There is a whole strip right along the water that isn't too bad. Kind of a tourist area. Search for excursions given out, those are always a fun and safe way to travel around.

As for far as bars and partying? There are plenty of bars around, especially on that main road I mentioned. But I really wouldn't venture off to bumfuck. Mexico is not a nice place.

Princess12
02-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Very "touristy." Not as bad as say Nassau as far as people trying to bargain with you all the time in my opinion, but still high up there. There is a Senor Frogs, Margaritaville, etc. all right there on the main strip by the water. Nice open market area too.

btldzc
02-24-2009, 08:02 AM
preshhiate it..

Ol' Gregg
02-24-2009, 08:07 AM
dude its soooo much fun PM me for advise! i have been there a few times! i got your tips and tricks right here so when ya get there you will know whats up!

thinkfast®
02-24-2009, 09:10 AM
LOL CANCUN IS NICE, DONT GET IT TWISTED BY THESE CHUMP TOURISTS
BEEN THERE TWICE, AND WENT BACK AGAIN JUST TO GET SOME INK DONE..MEXICO GOT PLACES STRAIGHT OUTTA PARADISE.. LAST TIME I WENT I STAYED AT ISLA MUJERES, YOU TAKE ABOUT A 20 MIN RIDE ON A FERRY TO GET OUT THERE.. IM TALKN HAMMOCKS ON THE LONELY BEACH WHERE YOU COULD PASS OUT DRINKIN CORONA ESPECIALES, MAYBE A LIL BAG OF CHIPS CON CHILE Y LIMON, LIGHT ONE UP... THAT SHIT TOOK ME BACK
ANYWAYS YOU DONT WANNA GET LOST ON NO BACK ALLEYS, STAY ON THE MAIN STREETS..CHECK THE LOCAL MERCADOS OUT, YOULL FIND ALL THE SHOT GLASSES AND FREE TEQUILA SHOTS YOU WANT

btldzc
02-24-2009, 10:01 AM
LOL CANCUN IS NICE, DONT GET IT TWISTED BY THESE CHUMP TOURISTS
BEEN THERE TWICE, AND WENT BACK AGAIN JUST TO GET SOME INK DONE..MEXICO GOT PLACES STRAIGHT OUTTA PARADISE.. LAST TIME I WENT I STAYED AT ISLA MUJERES, YOU TAKE ABOUT A 20 MIN RIDE ON A FERRY TO GET OUT THERE.. IM TALKN HAMMOCKS ON THE LONELY BEACH WHERE YOU COULD PASS OUT DRINKIN CORONA ESPECIALES, MAYBE A LIL BAG OF CHIPS CON CHILE Y LIMON, LIGHT ONE UP... THAT SHIT TOOK ME BACK
ANYWAYS YOU DONT WANNA GET LOST ON NO BACK ALLEYS, STAY ON THE MAIN STREETS..CHECK THE LOCAL MERCADOS OUT, YOULL FIND ALL THE SHOT GLASSES AND FREE TEQUILA SHOTS YOU WANT

where did you get your ink done? And light one up? I can find it there?

BanginJimmy
02-24-2009, 10:21 AM
To party, they had a party boat that went out to some island and the people that went all had a great time. It was pretty expensive, but it was also all you can drink alkie.

Me and the wife went a different route and went to a private beach and just sat around soaking up the sun drinking pina coladas and eating nachos.

thinkfast®
02-24-2009, 10:29 PM
where did you get your ink done? And light one up? I can find it there?

ARTIST IS PEDRO ALVAREZ, SHOP IS CALLED NEO AZTECA, DOWN BY LA SEPTIMA.. ACROSS THE WAY FROM A MARKET, YOULL KNOW ITS A TATT SHOP BY THE CRAZY AZTEC SHIT ON THE OUTSIDE WALL, REALLY STANDS OUT FROM THE COOKIE CUTTER SHIT DOWN THE REST OF THE BLOCK LOL

CHECK EM OUT.. http://www.neoaztecatattoo.com/

Evil Goat
02-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Avoid Mexico like the plague it is. Seriuosly.

thats for damn sure :goodjob:

btldzc
02-25-2009, 10:51 AM
To late now

Paul
02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Mexico is pretty weak sauce, but definatley go check out the Mayan ruins in the Yucatan. The water is beautiful down there as well - they have some huge dive spots that are ecological sites so they aren't fished out like in the carribean

TheGodfather
02-25-2009, 11:46 AM
I'd go with a machine gun.

Mexico to me, is like Africa. Except just a country. A whole lot of nothing that does nothing but suck up the worlds resources and begs to be blown up daily, yet no one has done it.

But for a vacation that your're already going on, make the best of it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I just have a strong dislike for that country since the takeover of mine by them.

I've been to Cozumel 3 times and enjoyed it each time. The drinks are cheap and plentiful, and one shop has a bunch of Mexican cowboys that sit in front which is hilarious. Great photo op too.

btldzc
02-25-2009, 12:15 PM
cheah! And im going to smoke all the MOTA i can..hahah..j/k...

We are staying at an dive resort...thanks for the input

99hatch
02-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah Senior Frogs is fun and so is carlos and charley's I think thats the name. Been a few years. just know anything you buy can be bargined way down. I got this ring for my girl at the time that they wanted 250 bucks and I got it for 45 when it was all said and done. Easy to bargin with them mexicans. Especially for american dollars.