PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Air Force Basic Training...

tony
02-22-2009, 06:28 PM
One word.. crazy, but manageable. For anyone considering the military, its not for everyone but definitely for me. I'm 5 weeks in now with 3 weeks to go and I couldn't imagine the Marines or Army basic training cause I KNOW it is worse than this. Briefly, anything good going on in the world since January? I dont know jack shit about whats going on in the world right now.

redrumracer
02-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Don"t really think there is too much going on(havent been paying attn). Are you doing the Blue 21 Initiative? I thought that was for the CG.

Edit: other than that new stimulus package that came along.

Vteckidd
02-22-2009, 06:33 PM
we are 800 billion in the hole, dow around 7200, maybe its better if you dont know whats going on LOL

Stay safe man

LizBiz
02-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Good to see you are doing well Tony!!! People have been askin about cha! The world has gotten more racist I'm afraid....I am being sold to a Family in FLA. Luckly I will be inside the house but I sure wish I would have joined the army before all this has happened. I don't even know where my family is anymore they have been shipped and sold around the U.S. I just hope this will end soon!!!! HELP!!!!

lol....you haven't missed much!! I'm sure if you surf IA you will know anything and everything that has happened in the last few months. Keep on keepin on, stay strong and positve!!! Get that 6-pack in the cooler!!!!!!

tony
02-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Don"t really think there is too much going on(havent been paying attn). Are you doing the Blue 21 Initiative? I thought that was for the CG.

Edit: other than that new stimulus package that came along.

I'm doing the AF Reserves till I finish college, then I'll be applying. I took the Air Force Officers test before I left though and scored a 92 on the Pilot portion.. so I'm going to put a package together and see if a Reserve or Guard unit will pick me up.

tony
02-22-2009, 06:39 PM
we are 800 billion in the hole, dow around 7200, maybe its better if you dont know whats going on LOL

Stay safe man

So Obama hasnt waved a wand and magically fixed the economy yet? Damn that is a disappointment.

Dietcoke
02-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Internet in basic?

Stupid air force.

AlanŽ
02-22-2009, 07:01 PM

Stay safe man
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Tony good to hear from yea man was actually thinkin about you earlier. Glad to hear you feel like you made the right decision. Don't think there is a better feeling in the world than it. Hang in there thank you for making the scrifice that you are. When you get back I owe you a lunch.

willum14pb
02-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Internet in basic?

Stupid air force.

dur, airforce is like taking a vacation.

Vteckidd
02-22-2009, 07:08 PM
So Obama hasnt waved a wand and magically fixed the economy yet? Damn that is a disappointment.

LOL hes sure trying

tony
02-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Internet in basic?

Stupid air force.

Base liberty, its called being a part of a flight that kicks ass and get rewarded.

Friggintitsman
02-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Air force? lol

No really I wished I went into the AF all those years ago, but went army instead. I like the army schools better anyway. Airborne FTW

BanginJimmy
02-24-2009, 08:24 PM
you have the use of the internet during basic, it obviously isnt that hard.

Friggintitsman
02-24-2009, 08:26 PM
lol

Pickleteg
02-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Damn...Internets in Basic Training.....we never saw that in the Army LOL. WOW!

DunDunSkeert
02-24-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm 95% that I'll be going into the airforce when I graduate. I'm not worried about basic. Do you have any advise for me?

Friggintitsman
02-24-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm 95% that I'll be going into the airforce when I graduate. I'm not worried about basic. Do you have any advise for me?

Don't forget to have a soap on a rope.

Evil Goat
02-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Briefly, anything good going on in the world since January? I dont know jack shit about whats going on in the world right now.

briefly....your boy and his buddies are fucking everything up.

on the serious side THANK YOU, sincerely, THANK YOU, for your service! You have my respect, no matter who you voted for :D

XanRules
02-24-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm still taking good care of your old car, she'll hit 200k by April!

tony
02-28-2009, 03:54 PM
you have the use of the internet during basic, it obviously isnt that hard.

I could go into a long spill about this but trust that the Air Force of NOW is nothing like the Air Force of old. I'll admit even I had a bad perception of the Air Force but trust me there are Airmen here that get the highest respect from every branch, Marines included.

As for our basic training, the liberties my flight has received is not the norm. Other flights go through basic with barely 2 phone calls, we're on maybe our 5th base lib. But at the same time when our flight goes out to compete nobody touches us, we went up against 2 flights from other squadrons this week and crushed them. Our training instructor puts us through hell but as long as we perform we are rewarded.. please don't mistake that for "AF Basic is EASY" it is earned. Trust me.

tony
02-28-2009, 03:58 PM

Advise, #1 is Discipline. If you have it basic will be a breeze for you. And get physically in shape, PT is no joke and its 6 days a week. Get used to no sleep, the Air Force has pushed BMT to an 8 week program that centers on being prepared for Deployment. On monday we'll be leaving for BEAST week which is everything you train for, I'll be able to give you feedback on that when I get back.

phoenixx1
02-28-2009, 04:09 PM
what dorm and unit?

MachNU
02-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Good to hear from you Tony, if you dont mind, give me some updates and such from the stuff i talked to you about in PM's before you went to basic! :goodjob:

ranger250x
02-28-2009, 07:47 PM
congrats on the base liberty. i had internet when going thru basic in the Marines....i just recieved it in the mail via letter. Be safe and try to make the best out of the shit times.

B18c-rex
03-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Army>Marines>Navy>Air Force.... But of course im army :D . Miss my Drill sgts and the constant smoke sessions and training during basic. I hear they have steppd up training for the air force basic..?

Kevykev
03-02-2009, 08:57 AM
Good to hear from you brother, been hoping all was well with you man!

BanginJimmy
03-02-2009, 09:15 AM
congrats on the base liberty. i had internet when going thru basic in the Marines....i just recieved it in the mail via letter. Be safe and try to make the best out of the shit times.

Since when are you allowed to have internet in Boot Camp? If they do, it really would finish the job of pussifying the Corps.

unkn0wndj
03-02-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm glad you're liking it! Lackland wasn't my favorite place mainly due to my flight. Base libs? Yeah rightttttt.