PDA

View Full Version : Honda Tuning.....

sakasaku
02-22-2009, 09:51 AM
I found this sick EF and thought i would share it with you all! :D
Im not a fan of this wing but the rest of the car is pretty sweet

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/sakasaku/htup_0810_18_zhonda_civic_efside_vi.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/sakasaku/htup_0810_17_zhonda_civic_efduck_bi.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/sakasaku/htup_0810_05_zhonda_civic_efside_vi.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/sakasaku/htup_0810_08_zhonda_civic_efengine_.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/sakasaku/htup_0810_10_zhonda_civic_efinterio.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/sakasaku/htup_0810_16_zhonda_civic_efroll_ca.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/sakasaku/htup_0810_09_zhonda_civic_efvolk_wh.jpg

allmotorX
02-22-2009, 09:52 AM
clean ass ef

Homer Simpson
02-22-2009, 10:14 AM
definitely nice.

I love the crazy looking cusco shock bar

PURP
02-22-2009, 10:16 AM
looks like every other jdm tYte honda

EDIT::: The interior is nice tho. Outside is run of the mill tho. But i wonder how many track days he does. Or anything else having to deal with rights and lefts.

sakasaku
02-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Hey GOT_PURP heres the Article

Ruben Rivera's 1991 Honda Civic Si - The Foundation
A Throwback To Simpler Times And The Civic That Started It All
The '88-'91 Civic carries some serious weight upon its somewhat boxy yet curiously streamlined shoulders. Originally intended by many as a grocery getter or perhaps an economical family car that could be passed down, this generation of Civics carried on the tradition of being cheap, reliable, and easily obtainable. As the tidal wave of import street racing crashed upon the clone-like business parks of Southern California, a Honda presence seemed to be increasing more than any other make. Being the cheapest of Honda's fleet, the Civic dominated the number of H-badged street warriors and a reputation for being quick and nimble was soon earned. Almost 20 years and a number of changes later, the EF chassis is still known as the foundation that the modern age of Honda tuning was based upon. Though just about every possible persona has been slapped onto the Civic chassis, including 9-second drag monsters and lowriders, it continues to carry a bit of tradition and old-school honor. Admittedly though, these days it's tough to find a well-rounded build like Ruben Rivera's.

In 2003, knowing that an early model Civic would not only be affordable, but would take nicely to most any modification, Ruben and his father set out to find a project car. A chance encounter at a local hamburger spot and $2,000 later and Ruben was driving home in a stock '91 Si. It sounds like a steal but there were a few problems-like the bent inner and outer tie rods that gave the car a nasty pull to the right under acceleration. Ruben took a hands-on approach though and began learning more about his new car by wrenching on it himself. "After I finished the suspension repairs, I decided to try and squeeze more power out of the little SOHC motor with the regular bolt-on stuff," Ruben says. As the minor upgrades went on, research on engine swaps became priority, and a new heart was eminent. A DOHC ZC engine proved to be cheap and easy to install, but only temporarily satisfied his need for more power. Ruben later sourced a B16A, replaced the belts and water pump, and then completed the install, though it didn't turn over immediately. "I later found out the plugs and wires were soaked, so I changed them out and it fired right up," Ruben says. "It was the happiest moment for me to know I did it myself with just some basic tools, a wiring schematic, and some common sense." The B16A block is topped with a B16B CTR head, and gets a breath of fresh air from a BDL throttle body and Blox intake manifold. Toda adjustable cam gears allow for fine-tuning of the CTR camshafts while a BDL fuel regulator controls the flow. Password:JDM's carbon-fiber intake snakes through the right side of the bay, while a Rage tri-Y exhaust manifold is front and center and mates to a GReddy SP2 cat-back exhaust system. A JDM Y1 tranny stuffed with an Exedy Stage 1 clutch and Spoon flywheel help put the power to the pavement.

To update the Civic's aging suspension, Ruben chose Energy Suspension bushings and an Ingall's alignment kit to straighten out the ride. Function & Form V2 coilovers with Ground Control top hats set the ride height and improve the handling. A Cusco front shock tower bar complements the Skunk2 rear bar, and an EM Racing upper triangular bar kit is planted in the rear hatch to improve rigidity. DA Integra brakes reside at all four corners and feed off of an ITR master cylinder teamed with Goodridge lines and Motul fluid. Ruben's wheel choices change rapidly. Today he has a set of 15-inch Volk TE37s wrapped in Falken Azenis tires. Tomorrow, who knows?

The interior resembles something of a purpose-built race car with everything from the front seats to the rear hatch stripped out and an Autopower rollbar with a custom harness bar anchored down. A single Recaro Speed bucket seat with a Sparco harness holds Ruben in place while he grips his Personal Neo Grinta steering wheel and stomps on Mugen sport pedals. Bringing the Spoon shift knob conveniently closer to the wheel is an FLP race shifter.

No build is complete without a little exterior flair to complement the rest. Opting for a complete facelift, a JDM EF9 frontend conversion, splash guards, rear bumper with lip, and a rear wing made its way onto Ruben's wish list. In the rear, a J's Racing wing cover adds some length to the OEM piece, and a Mugen towhook is custom-fabbed into the bumper. To freshen up the body and color match his newfound body pieces, Ruben enlisted the help of Custom Madness to spray the car Aviator Gray Pearl inside and out. A set of Vision Type MC carbon-fiber mirrors, a J's Racing front lip, and HOP window visors round off the exterior changes.

A cheap startup, followed by plenty of research and wrench time as well as trial and error produced a Civic built as prominent today as it would have been back in '91. If you're thinking this car stays in the garage most of the time, think again. Ruben proudly says: "I built this car by myself, out of my garage. I wanted it to be a daily driver, and that's exactly what it is. I'll be installing an ITR motor with individual throttle bodies and getting some dyno time, and then it's off to the track to see what it can really do." That, friends, is the epitome of Honda tuning.

Bolts & WashersPropulsion:
JDM B16A block
JDM B16B head
Innovative mounts
CTR camshafts
Toda adjustable cam gears
Skunk2 valvesprings
ITR oil pump
Password:JDM carbon-fiber intake
BDL 68mm throttle body
Blox intake manifold
BDL fuel rail
BDL fuel regulator
BDL fuel filter
B&M fuel pressure gauge
Earl's fittings and stainless lines
Rage exhaust manifold
Custom test pipe
GReddy SP2 exhaust
Heeltoe battery tray
JDM Y1 transmission
Exedy Stage 1 clutch
Spoon Sports flywheel
Mugen radiator cap
BDL oil cap

Stance:
Function & Form V2 coilovers
Ground Control top hats
Suspension Techniques antiroll bars
Energy Suspension bushings
Ingall's alignment kit
Cusco front shock tower bar
Skunk2 rear shock tower bar
EM Racing triangular brace
Autopower rollbar

Resistance:
DA Integra disc conversion
OEM/Brembo discs
Motul fluid
DC2 ITR master cylinder and booster
Goodridge steel braided lines

Rims & rubber:
15x6.5 Volk TE37 (+39 offset)
205/50-15 Falken Azenis RT615

Outside:
JDM EF9 frontend conversion
JDM EF9 rear bumper, lip, and wing
J's Racing wing cover
J's Racing front lip
Password:JDM side skirts
Mugen towhook
Aviator Gray Pearl paint
Vision Type MC carbon-fiber mirrors
HOP window visors

Inside:
Recaro Speed bucket seat
Sparco 3-inch harness
Personal Neo Grinta steering wheel
FLP Race shifter
Spoon Sports shift knob
Mugen sport pedals
A'PEXi VAFC2 meter
JDM EF9 gauge cluster
NRG short hub
NRG quick release
Carbon-fiber fuel pump cover

Bolts & Washers
Props:
My family
Marcus at www.heeltoeauto.com
Charlie at Custom Madness
Carlos at BDL Industries
Tim at Innovative Mounts
Preston at Function & Form
Carlos at Costa Mesa Power Honda
Shaun at SportCarMotion
Max at Logic Motorsports
Louie at L-Con Race Car Fabrication
Steve Sullivan
Brandon Powers
Chris Ortega
Phil Gonzales
Erik Meza
Gabriel Cruz
James Harris
Trang

Owner Specs
Hometown:
The OC

Daily grind:
Diesel technician

favorite website:
www.nwp4life.com

Building Cars How Long:
Six years

Favorite Kicks:
ES Kosten 3

Dream Car:
Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Build Inspiration:
General interest

Can't Miss TV:
HBO: Cathouse series

Brian*
02-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Nice car, but that shifter is gay as hell lol

Black R
02-22-2009, 12:10 PM
that's a road race shifter, so function > fashion

Bus Driver J
02-22-2009, 12:20 PM
that's a road race shifter, so function > fashion
x2, full purpose built shifter. I love it.
Sorry its not a mugen dildo...

silverDA
02-22-2009, 12:27 PM
:goodjob:

mirz833
02-22-2009, 12:40 PM
sexy car

Halfwit
02-22-2009, 12:43 PM
i wonder if it handles good. lol

southside
02-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Clean I thought it was primered got my hopes up LOL but nice like how the trunk and backseat compartment is painted.

southside
02-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Is that a crx dash???I was just wondering can I use the part that goes around the radio and goes to the console part from a crx in a hatch.where he has the block off for the heater and radio the plastic that goes around there.

sakasaku
02-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Crx console

EJ25RUN
02-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Could anyone direct me to a forum where i could get some pics/info on the JTC Group A Div 1. Civic race cars. An example would be the Motul, Jaccs, or Gathers race cars but i want to focus on the EF, EG, EK versions.

Example...

http://www.scalemodellink.com/race/17.jpg

dexsohcvtec
02-22-2009, 02:50 PM
That's hot love the engine bay

Julio
02-22-2009, 03:08 PM
I guess Honda tuning is running out of hondas to shoot?

Naw...

Bus Driver J
02-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Is that a crx dash???I was just wondering can I use the part that goes around the radio and goes to the console part from a crx in a hatch.where he has the block off for the heater and radio the plastic that goes around there.
Thats not a CRX anything. The CRX is all one piece. Its a JDM Civic lower dash panel. Its similar to the pic below (except this one is an EG)

http://www.icbmotorsport.com/pics/JDM/eg_console.jpg

Oz10
02-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Looks like they paid a lot of attention to detail. I don't know about the shifter and wing though. Other than that its pretty awesome.

silversol
02-22-2009, 06:20 PM
wtf is up with the shifter! i think the stock one in my truck is shorter!

Romeo
02-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah, the wing and shift extender are a little much.

FoolsDrifFWD
02-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Badass Honda. I like the way its not to low like all the Hondas here. take notes

Truegiant
02-23-2009, 03:47 PM
x2, full purpose built shifter. I love it.
Sorry its not a mugen dildo...

X87 million, thats one of the best purpose built shifters I have ever owned on any car I have owned.

Truegiant
02-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah, the wing and shift extender are a little much.

Def not a shift extender, do research. They are beasts.

FasTech
02-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Its pretty sick, but the nicest Honda I've seen in Hondatuning would most deff have to be ChaseBays's K20 CRX. That's so far, my opinion.

Romeo
02-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Def not a shift extender, do research. They are beasts.
I didn't even give it a second look until now. I saw it and was like holy shit, then i kept on looking.

AnTi-PooN
02-23-2009, 05:22 PM
yea i love the wing but hate the shifter

Bus Driver J
02-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Its pretty sick, but the nicest Honda I've seen in Hondatuning would most deff have to be ChaseBays's K20 CRX. That's so far, my opinion.
Until Ryan of Rywire is in there. His car is sick!!

rbf
02-23-2009, 05:52 PM
This car is really nice, Here is his thread on NWP4LIFE.

BUILD THREAD (http://nwp4life.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=8269&page=1)

The shifter is not extended that is the FLP shifter. :goodjob:

Ryan's crx was in Hondatuning Feb/March 2007.

FasTech
02-23-2009, 06:04 PM

Link? I highly doubt it will strike my attention more than Chase's crx though. So far its been the only "HONDA" that flat out makes me horny...lmao j/k

Romeo
02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
The shifter is not extended that is the FLP shifter. :goodjob:
Pretty sure this has already been stated, genius.:goodjob:

Bus Driver J
02-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Ryan's crx was in Hondatuning Feb/March 2007.
No, his NEW CRX. Even better than the old one. Heres a link to the build thread.
Rywire Build thread (http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2416694)

rbf
02-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Pretty sure this has already been stated, genius.:goodjob:

:cheers:

aaronfelipe
02-23-2009, 06:09 PM
That shifter would break my hymen!

Romeo
02-23-2009, 06:11 PM
That shifter would break my hymen!
Hahaha. It hasn't been already? J/k.

aaronfelipe
02-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Hahaha. It hasn't been already? J/k.
Broken, not shattered...

Romeo
02-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Broken, not shattered...
What about severely fractured? Lol.

FasTech
02-23-2009, 06:21 PM
No, his NEW CRX. Even better than the old one. Heres a link to the build thread.
Rywire Build thread (http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2416694)

Nope, sorry. I still think Chase's is better looking. That one was nice, no doubt. I think Chase's is better to me because of the color. Because, in all...their actually pretty much the same thing just different features.

dabuilding
02-23-2009, 06:35 PM
damn thats hawt

Romeo
02-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Nope, sorry. I still think Chase's is better looking. That one was nice, no doubt. I think Chase's is better to me because of the color. Because, in all...their actually pretty much the same thing just different features.
Yeah, I don't think that one comes close to Chase's. It just doesn't catch my eye like his does.

Bus Driver J
02-23-2009, 06:46 PM
I'll agree that the color isnt the greatest.
Ryans car also isnt finished yet.