PDA

View Full Version : Over charged

Deke
02-21-2009, 04:14 PM
I was just checking my bank account and saw that I was severely over charged at a bar I went to a couple of weeks ago. I used my check card (which I try not to do and will never do again at a bar) and made two different orders during the night, closing out the tab immediately after both orders. Two different charges show up and the second one is right ($23.00). However, the first one should only be between $15-20, but instead it's for $214 :eek:. While I generally try to hang onto receipts, of course I can't find this one.

Do I have a leg to stand on? I called Wachovia and they pretty much told me since I don't have the receipt, my only real course of action would be to try and talk to a manager at the club. I'm just kind of worried that he's not going to give me the time of day and I'll be SOL.

Anyone have experience on dealing with this sort of thing? Maybe how I should approach the situation with the manager?

Spare me the lectures. Cash FTW, I know. :)

Crap, meant to put this in Wallstreet.

BanginJimmy
02-21-2009, 04:23 PM
without a reciept you are pretty much fucked. You can try to state that you were overcharged, but with no proof there is no way to support your claim.

redrumracer
ask for copies of the receipts if it was done with a credit card then they should have copies id think on file.

Benefit
burn that motherfucker down!!!!!

Da_unknown
02-21-2009, 04:24 PM
that fucking sucks

BanginJimmy
02-21-2009, 04:26 PM
ask for copies of the receipts if it was done with a credit card then they should have copies id think on file.

I'd thought of that too, but I have never seen a bar reciept with a breakdown of drinks. The best I have seen was the number of drinks charged.

Scrilla
02-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Shit Has Happened To Me... I Tipped The Bitch In Cash And Gave Herself A 100 Tip On My Card... But Who Gives A Shit, Money Grows On Trees.

If You Aint Got The Loot, Shouldnt Be Out There In The First Place.

Moral Of The Story: Use Cash When Alcohol Is Served.

Deke
02-21-2009, 04:30 PM
I'd thought of that too, but I have never seen a bar reciept with a breakdown of drinks. The best I have seen was the number of drinks charged.

Well I'm pretty positive the original receipt that I signed did not say $214 on it. I left a tip via card, so I definitely looked at the price. I'm wondering if it was just entered wrong in the system. I know when I used to wait tables, you just entered the total after tip manually into the computers.

Or maybe the bartender was just a dumbass. I think the bar tab came out to $14 dollars (I remember being slightly bothered by the $7 dollar drinks. I probably threw a $2 tip on there. So, 2+14 = 214? :)

BanginJimmy
02-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Well I'm pretty positive the original receipt that I signed did not say $214 on it. I left a tip via card, so I definitely looked at the price. I'm wondering if it was just entered wrong in the system. I know when I used to wait tables, you just entered the total after tip manually into the computers.

Or maybe the bartender was just a dumbass. I think the bar tab came out to $14 dollars (I remember being slightly bothered by the $7 dollar drinks. I probably threw a $2 tip on there. So, 2+14 = 214? :)

You can always call the club and explain the situation. You should have a reference number on the charge and the club may be able to backtrack it to an original reciept.

Deke
02-21-2009, 04:35 PM
If You Aint Got The Loot, Shouldnt Be Out There In The First Place.

Moral Of The Story: Use Cash When Alcohol Is Served.

Haha, if I don't have the loot to get 10x over charged? I'm figuring that this will probably just turn out to be a costly lesson learned, but that's like saying you shouldn't buy a Civic unless you've got $50,000 to spend. I definitely agree with the moral though :)

PS, I'm not broke now or anything. But I wouldn't mind getting $200 back.

Catnip
02-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Crap, meant to put this in Wallstreet.

:lmao:

slostang
02-21-2009, 04:36 PM
So, 2+14 = 214? :)

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::l mfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Deke
02-21-2009, 04:38 PM
:lmao:

Haha, I realize it would be kind of ridiculous there. Just figured I might get better answers considering it has to do directly with money. But so far, I've been pleasantly surprised.

Catnip
02-21-2009, 04:38 PM
:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:: lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::l mfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Yo dawg, you put some gay up in this gay so it will be gay while it's gay.

Deke
02-21-2009, 04:42 PM
You can always call the club and explain the situation. You should have a reference number on the charge and the club may be able to backtrack it to an original reciept.

Yeah I guess that's what I'm hoping for. I'll probably give them a call in a couple hours.

AlanŽ
fail

MrBoostedCRX
take em to jerry springer!

Julio
02-21-2009, 05:22 PM
you use your checkcard? Was it a VISA ? If so, I think you have some sort of protection with them..

Not sure though.. But wont hurt to try..

Master Shake
02-21-2009, 05:36 PM
ask for copies of the receipts if it was done with a credit card then they should have copies id think on file.yea, its a sure fact they would have it on file, i mean, hell they gotta keep up with their records. or the place would be in the shit hole.

dabuilding
02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
damn man that really sux gl tho

Atlblkz06
02-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Go talk to them, I'm sure the manager will straighten you out. They will have receipts and records for the day and they'll be able to find the error. The amount that goes through is manually punched in so the amount charged will not match the receipts.

And use a credit card. One call to AMEX is all it takes and they'll go after such charges. Its a blessing - kinda like having my own hitman :) I've had to use them to help me out with several such incidents and they're awesome.

Sport1.3
02-22-2009, 08:52 AM
they would have to have a receipt with your signature proving that charge. Your bank should be able to hold the charge till the problem is settled.

ksniperfox
02-22-2009, 11:32 AM
plan B-claim that it was not even you AT the bar and you cant be held responsible for the charges(assuming your bank has some sort of identity protection)
and if the bar cant provide a receipt with your signature, didnt check id, etc.....

??

ISAtlanta300
02-22-2009, 11:48 AM
they would have to have a receipt with your signature proving that charge. Your bank should be able to hold the charge till the problem is settled.

What he said. Wachovia is lazy. Change banks. Then Get a credit card. Problem solved.

Buttons
02-22-2009, 02:56 PM
i was overcharged $15-20 once somewhere. i don't know how it happened. i think it was a cash back option thing and then with a debit card, all you have to do is punch in your numbers. well i said something to my bank, but they said without the receipt there is no proof. and i threw away the receipt. i now keep all of my receipts.

james
02-22-2009, 02:59 PM
perhaps they fucked up the "tip" when they entered it into the machine?! like after you left, you maybe left 2.14 for a tip or something? just a thought.

Kaiser
02-22-2009, 09:19 PM
perhaps they fucked up the "tip" when they entered it into the machine?! like after you left, you maybe left 2.14 for a tip or something? just a thought.

I see what happened there. He left a $2.00 tip on a $14 charge.

Someone read this as a $200. tip on a $14 charge.

Voila, $214.

Go ask the bar for the receipt with your total and signature, and make sure you didn't fuck up and forget the decimal in that tip. :)

staysideways
02-22-2009, 09:48 PM

LOL:cheers: