PDA

View Full Version : brake and reverse light not on!

Tensa_Zanget
02-20-2009, 10:47 PM
CLOSED! got it fixed and it was something minor which was caused my HONDA!:cheers:

civicsol
02-20-2009, 10:55 PM
your break light swtich. does your lights stay on?. sometimes the gasket between the break pedel and break switch fall out causing the light to stay on. this switch is all the way at the top of your break pedel you got to look under your dash to see it. or the switch could be bad. i've had this problem before. it was the gasket

Tensa_Zanget
02-20-2009, 10:58 PM
What u mean by stay on? both my reverse and brake arent even on when i step on brake. i Was told that the lights werent on by a friend just recently.

civicsol
02-20-2009, 10:59 PM
your break switch is out

Tensa_Zanget
02-20-2009, 11:01 PM
wat about reverse light? i will try to get the brake switch replace tomorrow? where exactly is it located under the brake pedal?

civicsol
02-20-2009, 11:11 PM
if you follow the beak pedel to the top of it you will see it.

Tensa_Zanget
02-20-2009, 11:18 PM
wat about my reverse light i heard it isnt in the same place as reverse.

Barefoot
02-21-2009, 06:12 AM
your reverse switch is at the tranny

WANTED
02-21-2009, 09:45 AM
You didn't by chance do any major engine work involving removal of the engine harness, did you? If so, check you ground wires and make sure you didn't forget one (I had this problem once).
If it isn't the switches, fuses, bulbs, or grounds, all that's left is the wiring and the relay.

Tensa_Zanget
02-21-2009, 01:15 PM
your reverse switch is at the tranny

wat could cause reverse light to be not on?

OWN3R
02-21-2009, 03:27 PM
check wires going to the fuse chack bulbs get a test light

Tensa_Zanget
02-21-2009, 07:13 PM
You didn't by chance do any major engine work involving removal of the engine harness, did you? If so, check you ground wires and make sure you didn't forget one (I had this problem once).
If it isn't the switches, fuses, bulbs, or grounds, all that's left is the wiring and the relay.

the crx did get a swap but after the swap everything works fine. I just recently found out this week after a friend told me when i was reversing and pointed out my brake dosent work as well.

I bought the brake switch (havent't install yet) but i highly doubt that would be the issue b/c all my reverse,backup, and etc lights were out at same time. As u were speaking of the grounds where can i go from there to check on it?

Srry im a bit new to these electrical issues. pics or any diagram will help :goodjob:

WANTED
02-21-2009, 09:53 PM
What you can do is make one and see if this fixes the issue. Find a good spot in the engine bay, say where there is a random bolt on the frame but nothing really going to it. Optimally, you'll want to test that spot with a multimeter to make sure it's a good grounding spot. If it is, you simply run some wire with crimped ends to it and somewhere stationary on the engine itself. Typical spots to ground on the engine is on the valve cover, intake manifold, thermostat housing, transmission housing, etc.. Spots that don't seem to like additional grounds are the alternator, a/c, and power steering. It really won't hurt to have a few extra grounds, so if you want to run a few you'd be fine.

Below is a pic from a civic I built a couple of years ago. Look at the front of the valve cover on the driver's side. You'll notice a copper(ish) wire running from it to the frame. This is what I'm referring to.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z148/WANTED4G63/103_0057.jpg

Tensa_Zanget
02-21-2009, 10:18 PM
What you can do is make one and see if this fixes the issue. Find a good spot in the engine bay, say where there is a random bolt on the frame but nothing really going to it. Optimally, you'll want to test that spot with a multimeter to make sure it's a good grounding spot. If it is, you simply run some wire with crimped ends to it and somewhere stationary on the engine itself. Typical spots to ground on the engine is on the valve cover, intake manifold, thermostat housing, transmission housing, etc.. Spots that don't seem to like additional grounds are the alternator, a/c, and power steering. It really won't hurt to have a few extra grounds, so if you want to run a few you'd be fine.

Below is a pic from a civic I built a couple of years ago. Look at the front of the valve cover on the driver's side. You'll notice a copper(ish) wire running from it to the frame. This is what I'm referring to.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z148/WANTED4G63/103_0057.jpg

THANKS alot for ur contribute man. U have helped me alot, but my problem was diff and was solved which was really really minor.

WANTED
02-22-2009, 12:28 PM
THANKS alot for ur contribute man. U have helped me alot, but my problem was diff and was solved which was really really minor.

Glad it was something simple. Electrical gremlins can be a bitch.