PDA

View Full Version : mazda sputtering realy bad

andrewz21
02-20-2009, 06:10 AM
on my way into work today wile driving the car was running fine as always till i had to get on it leaving traffic...than thats when it happen the car was sputtering realy bad so i had to keep on the gas it keep going in and out of this the whole way into work then when the car came to a stop it stalled then wouldnt fire back up just turded over and sounded like it had a slight fire up but would always stall any one that can help that would be great:goodjob: the cars a 93 mazda mx6 2.0 5spd

David88vert
02-20-2009, 07:05 AM
Check your spark plugs. They are probably foulded or worn out. Cheap to replace if you haven't done it in awhile.
Second, check to make certaint that you have fuel at the fuel rail. If not, check your fuel pump to make certain that it is pumping.

Barefoot
02-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Check your spark plugs. They are probably foulded or worn out. Cheap to replace if you haven't done it in awhile.
Second, check to make certaint that you have fuel at the fuel rail. If not, check your fuel pump to make certain that it is pumping.:goodjob::goodjob:

andrewz21
02-20-2009, 08:32 AM
i think i may know what it is now there was a cap in my intake piping and its no loner there? so im thining it got sucked into the intake manifold?? so i dont know what kinda damage im looking at? after i get off im gona see if i can take the intake off and fish it out inless its too deep in there?

JITB
02-20-2009, 05:15 PM
i think i may know what it is now there was a cap in my intake piping and its no loner there? so im thining it got sucked into the intake manifold?? so i dont know what kinda damage im looking at? after i get off im gona see if i can take the intake off and fish it out inless its too deep in there?

it came off, and the metered air isnt going into the motor.. u need to cap the hole back up.. if it went in the motor... its long gone...lol

andrewz21
02-20-2009, 09:32 PM
thanks everyone i pluged the whole up and its running now