PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods wheel locks

quiet_s0ng
02-20-2009, 12:36 AM
what's a good company to buy wheel locks from?

Andy_013
02-20-2009, 12:31 PM
piaa makes a really good wheel lock

or go with any good high end lug nut manufacturer.

quiet_s0ng
02-20-2009, 01:21 PM
that's the thing i don't know what is consider "high end". all i'm really looking for is knowing there isn't 20 other people running around with the same lock pattern as me and affordable. leaving me to my own devices imma end up spending 100+ for some volks or something in that area. i don't want to spend an arm and a leg but i would like a good level of security.

Accord32
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
McGard makes good locks

Andy_013
02-20-2009, 09:17 PM
that's the thing i don't know what is consider "high end". all i'm really looking for is knowing there isn't 20 other people running around with the same lock pattern as me and affordable. leaving me to my own devices imma end up spending 100+ for some volks or something in that area. i don't want to spend an arm and a leg but i would like a good level of security.

I hear ya, Volk and Project Kics are the most common "high end" lug nuts. Brands like 5zigen, mugen, and piaa you don't see that much.

I know one other person that has the brand lug nuts as me, but his is extended.

Scotsman
02-20-2009, 09:21 PM
what's a good company to buy wheel locks from?me:ninja:

quiet_s0ng
02-20-2009, 11:53 PM
me:ninja:

what you selling and how much my good man? :ninja:

Humphrizzle
02-20-2009, 11:58 PM
vision makes a good cheap lugnut.. uses a 12 mm allen socket..
most thieves dont carry around 12 mm sockets

jdmjohn
02-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Gorilla wheel locks are the one's i use. all 16 lugs are locks

check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Gorilla-Guard-Wheel-Lock-System-in-Chrome-or-Black_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50455QQihZ010QQit emZ200310058144QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

AnthonyF
02-23-2009, 07:58 AM
I never used wheel locks. I still never will. Id rather them have my rims, report it, get new ones than to have a set that has been hacked up from them trying to take them off.

Never used locks for:
Mustang rims
Gen I viper rims
Gen III Viper rims
Moms 22's
My truck

-Ant.

quiet_s0ng
02-23-2009, 12:19 PM
i don't think my insurance extend to cover rims. they might offer it at a cost of some extra money, but i don't know. i got full coverage on a car that they're just going to total and not even think about repairing. if $50 spend on an investment that would keep me from a big headache later on down the road then i'm all for it. heck i spend more then that on my beer budget a week.

Sammich
02-23-2009, 12:30 PM
got mine from ebay...

Got Milk?
02-23-2009, 02:23 PM
I never use locks either. I had my rims stolen once(stockers off of my integra). Insurance company came, and gave me 2,800. Reason it was that much is, my car was left on the ground, not on blocks. So they included rotors, under car damage, exhaust tip, and w.e. else was touching the ground.Later, i just bought me some cheap rims, and had over 2k in my pocket to spend.

And there is not a lock that the thief will not get off. IF someone wants your rims, nothing will stop them.

Sammich
03-25-2009, 09:44 AM
got mine from ebay...

and just threw them away..they are POS. i know this is late and all. but i figured if anyone decided to search before making a new thread they would want to know

schia89
04-04-2009, 07:26 PM
gorillas are good but if u dont want the same as every one but two different sets, two of each for every tire may be expensive but if u love ur rims its never too expensive

okra1981
04-05-2009, 11:29 PM
gorillas are good but if u dont want the same as every one but two different sets, two of each for every tire may be expensive but if u love ur rims its never too expensive
That's what I was going to recommend, or you could get a set of wheels that nobody wants or can use, like 14" five lugs, they're pointless, but so is getting a set that will be stolen next week.
Thanks for helping me this weekend, my car looks as good in the front as it did in the back.

Greddypacked
04-06-2009, 01:23 PM
And there is not a lock that the thief will not get off. IF someone wants your rims, nothing will stop them.
NOT TRUE LOL. I worked as a tech I and II w/ tires and rims for awhile for shops all around metro Atlanta. When we ever ran into customers w/ Beamers, Mercedes, custom rims on cars w/ a wheel lock and no lock remover it was a pain in the arse to remove and way to loud to do. Yes it's true a thief (w/ the proper tools) can take of a wheel lock off... BUT... it will stop them, make them think twice about taking them, and the only way they can remove them if you park in a back dark alley w/ noone around cuz the tools to remove wheel locks w/ out the lock is probably way too loud, and takes to long to do it. I have owned 2400$.00 19's that were never even stolen nor tampered w/ using wheel locks and parking in the right areas. If you have custom rims that you love dearly i recommend getting the proper wheel locks. If you dont, to me... it's like leaving your car door unlocked w/ a mucho stereo system in south central lol.