PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever get a ticket for failure to update address on drivers license?

LeX
02-19-2009, 12:36 PM
so a special ops cop was working traffic and gave me a speeding ticket and also ticket for failure to update address on drivers license within 60 days.. you can't pay it you have to go to court, but anyone got any experience?

it's weird in my situation as I live at 2 places... each a few days each week. My drivers license has one address but my insurance was on the other address since i keep my things there and the insurance company wanted my car insurance and my renters insurance at the same address... although I am not on the lease at the address where my stuff is kept that;s just where my valuables are so obviously the insurance has to be at that address. Any ideas ?

j0nbunklah0m
02-19-2009, 12:39 PM
jus go to court and explain to the judge

LeX
02-19-2009, 12:52 PM
haha that's what I have to do anyway... im gonna go get the address changed on my license today as well if I can so they can see i fixed it, but I have to change it again in may ugh lol

15degvee
02-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Nope, I've had my parents' address on my license for the last 5 years I've been gone from there...

DynamicSound
02-19-2009, 01:08 PM
so a special ops cop was working traffic and gave me a speeding ticket and also ticket for failure to update address on drivers license within 60 days.. you can't pay it you have to go to court, but anyone got any experience?

it's weird in my situation as I live at 2 places... each a few days each week. My drivers license has one address but my insurance was on the other address since i keep my things there and the insurance company wanted my car insurance and my renters insurance at the same address... although I am not on the lease at the address where my stuff is kept that;s just where my valuables are so obviously the insurance has to be at that address. Any ideas ?

So why didn't you say that address on your license is current and the one for the insurance is not?

G.C
02-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah just explain it to the judge and they will drop it. Not a big problem.

speedminded
02-20-2009, 04:02 AM

it's weird in my situation as I live at 2 places... each a few days each week. My drivers license has one address but my insurance was on the other address since i keep my things there and the insurance company wanted my car insurance and my renters insurance at the same address... although I am not on the lease at the address where my stuff is kept that;s just where my valuables are so obviously the insurance has to be at that address. Any ideas ?I was told by an officer once it's up to a $5,000 fine, lol.

I just always refused to have my car registered in Gwinnett Co. My registration and license were in Hall Co. and insurance in Gwinnett, no way around that when you own a home with insurance through the same company...oops.

SicStang03
02-20-2009, 06:39 AM
I lived in Alabama for 1.5 years and had my Ga. I.D. the whole time. I got asked a few times about it but when I explained that I was in school and never had a permanent address they would just ask if my family still lived at the address on my license. I said yes and they let it go.

Bruce Leroy
02-20-2009, 07:17 AM
I got one when I was in FL... Its a long story, but since i was headed to jail, the cop tacked it on whit the other bs charges. I went to court and explained my situation to the judge and all my charges were dropped.