PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain USB Flash drives playing music on car stereos?

92mr2T
02-19-2009, 06:52 AM
Im curious on how to play music from a flash drive directly to a head unit that has a USB jack on the front. First, what format and how can you save each song to be replayed on the flash drive. Second, without an MP3 player is this possible. Im very old school when it comes to I-Pods and MP3 players. I just started buying cd's in 1996. Anyway, Im not anti MP3 just want the easiest solution to getting the music to play on a cd player. I don't have the deck yet, but its a JVC model that has a built in HD radio tuner and aux and usb jacks on the front panel.

Thanks

speedminded
02-19-2009, 07:44 AM
As far as I know it only reads MP3's off it. If you are looking into one of the entertainment versions it will also play DIVX Video, MPEG's, etc.

http://www.mobile.jvc.com/technical.jsp#feat_02

USB Memory
JVC head units can now be linked to PCs in even more ways. Save your favorite songs to a USB memory, plug it in to the JVC head unit, then listen while you drive. You can also enjoy songs from a friend's USB memory.

Note: "The USB port on all JVC models supports USB memory up to 4 Giga bytes. It should not be used to directly drive any device which derives its power from the USB port i.e. MP3 players such as Apple iPod."

Mr Egg Rollllll
02-19-2009, 07:50 AM
I'm using a 4gb usb flash drive in my HU and it reads only mp3 formatted files. You can seperate the files into different folders like artists, albums, or whatever you want to keep it clean and simple. Hope that helped.

I'll try posting pictures or a video when i get off work.

jr4mny
02-19-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm using a 4gb usb flash drive in my HU and it reads only mp3 formatted files. You can seperate the files into different folders like artists, albums, or whatever you want to keep it clean and simple. Hope that helped.

I'll try posting pictures or a video when i get off work.

same here.

92mr2T
02-19-2009, 01:07 PM
thanks fella's!