PDA

View Full Version : mystery shopping?

Humphrizzle
02-19-2009, 12:31 AM
I am thinking of a second job.. mystery shopping sounds interesting.

doing a little research shows you make from 5 to 50 dollars each job.

what does everyone else think of this?

posted in here instead of wallstreet because i'll actually get an answer in here.

RandomGuy
02-19-2009, 12:34 AM
not worth it... TOO much driving involved... the pay barely takes care of gas/time spent driving, once you calculate it out its worse than minimum wage..... unless you have nothing else to do

gtrmonkey
02-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Or you could race me a walmart, I will put down pinks on the scooter

Humphrizzle
02-19-2009, 12:36 AM
haha.. lost the title to the scooter. pinks is a no go.

yeah idk. i wonder if i could only accept jobs in my area. and on days when i dont work.

redrumracer
02-19-2009, 01:43 AM
haha.. lost the title to the scooter. pinks is a no go.

yeah idk. i wonder if i could only accept jobs in my area. and on days when i dont work.
yes you could only accept jobs in your area, and if you hold out an no one else does them you can actually get payed more for the certain job.

C-loS109
02-19-2009, 09:30 AM
how does it work???

FTMFW
02-19-2009, 10:38 AM
how does it work???

You go to stores they assign you to, do/buy whatever they ask you and you rate the place. SIMPLE

C-loS109
02-19-2009, 10:47 AM
buy with ur own money or what?

T.S.
02-19-2009, 11:04 AM
not normally with your own money.. i know how they used to do it for lowe's since i used to be a manager there. They would give the person like 20-50$ cash tell them to go pick up something down an aisle and see if they get helped. And also See if you get greeted at the door and the registar. See if they ask you do you want to put it on your lowe's card. Stuff like that. So basically you go in you ask all sorts of questions to help. You ahve remember everyone you talk to you and enough info about them to be specific. And normally they will let you keep the shit you buy. =) So not so bad. but again it doesnt pay a whole lot.

Princess12
02-19-2009, 11:27 AM
I am registered with several mystery shopping "agencies." Really not worth it. My experiences have been something along the lines of going into a store/place of business and purchasing an item of a designated amount. You purchase the item with your own cash, turn in a review and copy of your receipt and the agency reimburses you.

Basically, you end up with a lot of free "stuff" that you do not necessarily need. Not so much cash... at least in my experiences this has been the case.

FTMFW
02-19-2009, 11:27 AM
buy with ur own money or what?

Nop, they usually give you the money to go buy it. Sometimes they let you keep the shit you buy so that's pretty cool.