PDA

View Full Version : Misc Mountain Biking

90_ACCORD
02-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Anyone on here go mountian biking?

I mean like actually going off-road trough woods and what not. Not anything like yeah i ride a mountian bike.
Its always been interesting to me to actually go off road and do some serious mountain biking.

If so what kind of places do you go to?

wannab20hatch
02-18-2009, 09:13 PM
good question. i see you lurking ian come on in and tell us.

cornercarver78
02-18-2009, 09:14 PM
I live in Dahlonega, plenty of mountain biking up here. More xc type of stuff. Been riding some road lately though, not any mountain since fall.

^ is that your BMW Ron? Looks good :goodjob:

90_ACCORD
02-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Thats cool. I also meant to ask since i dont have a mountain bike anymore.

What is a good kind of bike to get?

cornercarver78
02-18-2009, 09:21 PM
I think giants are nice for the money. Like I said i'm into XC (cross country) but I bought a giant anthem which is full suspension (shock in back, forks in front) with hydraulic disc breaks demoed for like 1500 or so.

90_ACCORD
02-18-2009, 09:29 PM
I think giants are nice for the money. Like I said i'm into XC (cross country) but I bought a giant anthem which is full suspension (shock in back, forks in front) with hydraulic disc breaks demoed for like 1500 or so.

damn

you know of any cheaper ones that are good? i mean im not looking for top of the line just something i could still take on a trail and have some fun with. Im not gonna be doing no hard core stuff.

wannab20hatch
02-18-2009, 09:33 PM
I live in Dahlonega, plenty of mountain biking up here. More xc type of stuff. Been riding some road lately though, not any mountain since fall.

^ is that your BMW Ron? Looks good :goodjob:

lol you got pm man.

efman
02-18-2009, 09:36 PM
lol you got pm man.

damn ron i'm jealous why dont i ever get pm's ! haha :lmfao:

cornercarver78
02-18-2009, 09:37 PM
damn

you know of any cheaper ones that are good? i mean im not looking for top of the line just something i could still take on a trail and have some fun with. Im not gonna be doing no hard core stuff.

If you don't have to have full suspension / hydro disc brakes, then you can go way cheaper. I just personally wouldn't get a cheaper fs bike. Look for a good used hardtail, it doesn't even need disc brakes. Look in bike shops and on craigs list. Specialized makes some good affordable hardtails too.

wannab20hatch
02-18-2009, 09:39 PM
damn ron i'm jealous why dont i ever get pm's ! haha :lmfao:

because you usually get reps :)

90_ACCORD
02-18-2009, 09:40 PM
If you don't have to have full suspension / hydro disc brakes, then you can go way cheaper. I just personally wouldn't get a cheaper fs bike. Look for a good used hardtail, it doesn't even need disc brakes. Look in bike shops and on craigs list. Specialized makes some good affordable hardtails too.

what you mean cheaper fs bike?

cornercarver78
02-18-2009, 09:45 PM
If you're on a budget, you would be better off buying a hardtail (front fork/ no rear shock) than a (fs) or full suspension (fork and rear shock) in the same price range.

Generally cheap full suspension bikes don't function that well. They will be heavy and the suspension won't work that well.

90_ACCORD
02-18-2009, 09:49 PM
If you're on a budget, you would be better off buying a hardtail (front fork/ no rear shock) than a (fs) or full suspension (fork and rear shock) in the same price range.

Generally cheap full suspension bikes don't function that well. They will be heavy and the suspension won't work that well.

oh aight so a hardtail would be good just for like simple trails. Not doing nothing big.

cornercarver78
02-18-2009, 09:55 PM
oh aight so a hardtail would be good just for like simple trails. Not doing nothing big.

It just depends on the type of riding you want to do. For xc (cross county) racing, plenty of people use hardtails. Some are carbon fiber and cost in excess of ten thousand dollars. They can handle plenty of rough terrain, but generally aren't made for jumping 30 ft. in the air lol.

Check out mtbr.com

they have a good forum with plenty of pics, gl

90_ACCORD
02-18-2009, 09:56 PM
It just depends on the type of riding you want to do. For xc (cross county) racing, plenty of people use hardtails. Some are carbon fiber and cost in excess of ten thousand dollars. They can handle plenty of rough terrain, but generally aren't made for jumping 30 ft. in the air lol.

Check out mtbr.com

they have a good forum with plenty of pics, gl

cool thanks

10 grand for a bike. thats insane.