PDA

View Full Version : Misc Job Loss....

4uhaterz
02-17-2009, 11:36 PM
If you were to lose your job, what would be the first thing you would do?

efman
02-17-2009, 11:39 PM
minimize spending
look for another job
pray
drink a beer

efman
02-17-2009, 11:40 PM
my first and last points are kinda contradicting but who cares

ORGANIZATIONXIII
02-18-2009, 02:00 AM
"I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they...they give you the tools to be your own boss."

4uhaterz
02-18-2009, 08:57 AM
minimize spending
look for another job
pray
drink a beer

I was thinking more along the lines of grey goose but I assume the beer is fine. My position is not currently in jeopardy but I do constantly think about the people that are in that situation and have lost their jobs.

Sammich
02-18-2009, 08:59 AM
i'd take belve or bacardi 151 after getting laid off...

but yea i'd file for unemployment and get on to finding something else

4uhaterz
02-18-2009, 09:11 AM
I guess it's easier said than done but what else can you do to survive in todays economic situation?

Sammich
02-18-2009, 09:13 AM
u can do nothing but get depressed...this is a depressing situation..seriously..i want another job so bad, but cant move because who knows what else is out there and how stable it is

4uhaterz
02-18-2009, 09:20 AM
I heard Alabama's job growth is up for some reason. I don't know if its true but I guess kind of different if it is true.

Sammich
02-18-2009, 09:22 AM
itll go down..charlotte was doing good too..btu they are starting to feel it now too

Spectic Tank
02-18-2009, 09:38 AM
If you were to lose your job, what would be the first thing you would do?

Punch babies...

4uhaterz
02-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Punch babies...

LOLOL

Master Shake
02-18-2009, 11:34 AM
you must meet some requirements before you can apply for unemployment.
like you gotta be workin at the place for at least 6 months, its how i got fucked and put in the position i'm in now.
i quit one job cause i got a better job offer, and after working for about a month and a half, i got laid off.
i can't file for unemployment, cause i wasn't there long enough and i can't for the other job cause i quit for the better job.

Paul
02-18-2009, 12:44 PM
well hopefully people w/ jobs are thinking about todays bad economy and already have cut back spending to put alittle aside for a rainy day.

I would immediately file unemployment (1st check can take 6-8 weeks).

I spam every position i thought i could do even if I'm not qualified and i would follow up on the ones i know i would like.

I would look for ca$h work on craigslist like freelance computer work

And if I got a job offer I would consider anything up to a decrease in pay of 20%; though it would suck my pay rate -20% is still far better than unemployment + i could keep looking for that perfect position.

I think one big mistake people make in this market is asking for too much $. In todays market we'll just say you are an administrative assistant "glorified secretary" making 50k; companies can easily find someone willing to do the job for 40k.

Jimmy B
02-18-2009, 05:07 PM
well.. im self employed,.. but if i did stop getting work, i would look for a job.. most likely in prosthetics or orthotics.. and drink some grey goose...

SLOWR/T
02-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Sit on my ass and collect unemployment.

Norlan
02-18-2009, 11:59 PM
well hopefully people w/ jobs are thinking about todays bad economy and already have cut back spending to put alittle aside for a rainy day.

I would immediately file unemployment (1st check can take 6-8 weeks).

I spam every position i thought i could do even if I'm not qualified and i would follow up on the ones i know i would like.

I would look for ca$h work on craigslist like freelance computer work

And if I got a job offer I would consider anything up to a decrease in pay of 20%; though it would suck my pay rate -20% is still far better than unemployment + i could keep looking for that perfect position.

I think one big mistake people make in this market is asking for too much $. In todays market we'll just say you are an administrative assistant "glorified secretary" making 50k; companies can easily find someone willing to do the job for 40k.
never seen any REAL offers for working at home, they're all scams

Jimmy B
02-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Sit on my ass and collect unemployment.

this is whats wrong with america

Paul
02-19-2009, 07:58 AM
never seen any REAL offers for working at home, they're all scams

i've seen tons of IT jobs on there for ca$h from major computer moves and network setups to web development. you just gotta look for them and get them as they post.