PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Members of IA (my last post as Admin)

4dmin
02-17-2009, 06:14 PM
After years of spending endless hours working on this site and promoting IA it is time for me to step down...

Don't get your hopes up I'm not leaving. I am handing over the tech work to a long time friend of ours Atif. Atif will be joining Julio and I as we embark on new adventures with the site. From here forward he will be taking over all of my duties as admin and I will be taking a nice vacation. I will still be around and Julio/I will remain in the background managing the site.

Though I just love getting calls at 2am to unban you or calls from the cops to take down pix of naked chicks on the site... Atif will be handling all of those request. He has a strong IT background and will be transisitioning the site to the newest VB + mods. He will also be helping us on the business side and we are very glad to have his assistance. We have lots of changes coming in the near future so stay tuned :cheers:

Paul
02-17-2009, 06:17 PM
here is my new user name :goodjob:

green91
02-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Thats great you've been able to find a reputable guy to help improve the site!

FTMFW
02-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Will he get the User CP back up again? :ninja:

Paul
02-17-2009, 06:21 PM

ya he isn't nearly as lazy or bored as I am. i kinda consider IA that car you refuse to change the oil on so you just keep feeding it oil as it burns/leaks it. :goodjob:

Paul
02-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Will he get the User CP back up again? :ninja:

we are installing the newest VB update very soon + mods so you will have way more than usercp

green91
02-17-2009, 06:25 PM
I understand completely, i maintain approx 60+ comps and a few servers at work, it can be alot to handle at times!

FTMFW
02-17-2009, 06:25 PM
we are installing the newest VB update very soon + mods so you will have way more than usercp

:bump: can't wait. Any mods to the reps system or is it still staying the same?

MINI
02-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Thank you for all your work :goodjob:

quickdodge®
02-17-2009, 07:29 PM

No he didn't. He got Atif.

Lolol. Later, QD.

green91
02-17-2009, 07:31 PM
LOL well i'll give him the same amount of hope ive got for our new president, however i feel atif will probably be more successful in his first 100 days.

AtifSajid
02-17-2009, 09:21 PM
hahahaha...im in charge now bishes!! LOL

For real as you can see the site is already undergoing some changes. We are bringing in more sponsors on a variety of businesses.

We will have a coupon section for all our members to enjoy savings with our sponsors.

The sponsors coming in will be a benefit for all our members.

STAY TUNED!

FTMFW
02-17-2009, 09:22 PM
hahahaha...im in charge now bishes!! LOL

For real as you can see the site is already undergoing some changes. We are bringing in more sponsors on a variety of businesses.

We will have a coupon section for all our members to enjoy savings with our sponsors.

The sponsors coming in will be a benefit for all our members.

STAY TUNED!

You're not gonna blow this place up are you?

Just fuckin' with ya man, lol.

AtifSajid
02-17-2009, 09:26 PM
It will be completely maneagable. Paul and Julio are making sure I keep the place in order and make sure our members enjoy the site like they have been.

I am just trying to make perks for our members that have joined and have participated in ImportAtlanta.com

The Youngn
02-17-2009, 09:33 PM
:bump: can't wait. Any mods to the reps system or is it still staying the same?
You do realize your reps are disabled though right?

BKgen®
02-17-2009, 09:38 PM
CAN YOU FIX USER CP FIRST?!@?!?

The Yousef
02-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Good luck and God Speed.

Atif ban paul now!

FTMFW
02-17-2009, 11:11 PM
You do realize your reps are disabled though right?

Yeah...? I was just asking if everything is gonna stay the same with the reps system.

http://urthe.com/images/yadig_large.jpg

blaknoize
02-18-2009, 01:06 AM
I DID just speak to this guy name Atif... I wasnt qualified though :(

TheGrillMan
02-18-2009, 01:09 AM
i noticed the whoreslounge looks like its old self again

:goodjob:

The Youngn
02-18-2009, 01:58 AM
Yeah...? I was just asking if everything is gonna stay the same with the reps system.

well what i was getting at was why does the rep system matter to a person that has their reps disabled. Ya dig?

Paul
02-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Good luck and God Speed.

Atif ban paul now!

:lmfao:don't think i can't still shut this shit down

AnthonyF
02-18-2009, 09:57 AM
I still think Paul's name should be ADMIN. It just fits. B/c when I see "Admin" I dont think Atif. :(

Oh well. I know Atif will do well, maybe he just needs to change it from "admin" to "Atif" :goodjob:

-Ant.

AnthonyF
02-18-2009, 09:58 AM
:lmfao:don't think i can't still shut this shit down

U WONT!!!!!!!

~runs~

-Ant.

Sammich
02-18-2009, 10:00 AM
does this mean i can now curse u to ur very face and not be scared to my knees ill get banned?

RandomGuy
02-18-2009, 10:52 AM
oh shit son... atif gonna make a curry section

Vteckidd
02-18-2009, 11:03 AM
im changing my name to Admin.

81911SC
02-18-2009, 11:08 AM
You should add an arcade section.

AnthonyF
02-18-2009, 12:23 PM
You should add an arcade section.

x2. talk about an addiction.

-Ant.

Tech5
02-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Best of luck!

MongolPup
02-18-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm going to call you at 2 in the morning every morning just for this.

blacknightteg
02-18-2009, 01:08 PM
how come you decided to step down? started to get like julio and want to focus on more important things? not that this sites not important but yeah. growing out of it? im sure atif will do great.

Sammich
02-18-2009, 01:10 PM
down goes the economy, then ia, whats next...teh import scene?

Benefit
02-18-2009, 01:12 PM
make me mod

Paul
02-18-2009, 01:20 PM
how come you decided to step down? started to get like Julio and want to focus on more important things? not that this sites not important but yeah. growing out of it? Im sure Atif will do great.

Julio can tell you I've been running this bitch for a long time... most people don't even know how much I've done for this site: sales, marketing, web shit, etc. when i first joined up with Julio this site was doing like 20gb of bandwidth and now it is over 1000gb. I've busted my ass for this site time and time again taking very little in return. after i put in my time Julio and i became partners probably back in 04.

Its been a good run and I've have lots of awesome friends/memories/connections from IA. I am by no means leaving or breaking up our partnership; I am just taking a needed extended vacation.

IA needs new blood to keep it running course and driving the Atlanta Scene. This site is far bigger than Julio/I have ever imagined. I will enjoy sitting back having someone else do the hard work. Atif is very qualified and has lots of resources that the site will come to love. Be glad we are bringing in one of our friends and not some stranger who doesn't know shit about the scene. Atif has been around the block a few times and is good friends w/ us. We have a good group of Admins/Mods so I'm sure things will go off w/o a hitch. Plus Julio/I still control the ultimate ban stick. :goodjob:

RandomGuy
02-18-2009, 03:25 PM
ohhhhh ic

so basically everythings still the same u just got tif to help yallz out with some IT

he knows what he's doin hopefully theres no more damn errors lawl

fawk_you
02-18-2009, 03:41 PM
congrats atif.

OneSlow5pt0
02-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Julio can tell you I've been running this bitch for a long time... most people don't even know how much I've done for this site: sales, marketing, web shit, etc. when i first joined up with Julio this site was doing like 20gb of bandwidth and now it is over 1000gb. I've busted my ass for this site time and time again taking very little in return. after i put in my time Julio and i became partners probably back in 04.

Its been a good run and I've have lots of awesome friends/memories/connections from IA. I am by no means leaving or breaking up our partnership; I am just taking a needed extended vacation.

IA needs new blood to keep it running course and driving the Atlanta Scene. This site is far bigger than Julio/I have ever imagined. I will enjoy sitting back having someone else do the hard work. Atif is very qualified and has lots of resources that the site will come to love. Be glad we are bringing in one of our friends and not some stranger who doesn't know shit about the scene. Atif has been around the block a few times and is good friends w/ us. We have a good group of Admins/Mods so I'm sure things will go off w/o a hitch. Plus Julio/I still control the ultimate ban stick. :goodjob:

well thats what really counts:goodjob:

im sure he will do a great job as u have .

Crazy Asian
02-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Atif first order of business:

DESTROY SAMMICH AND BAN YOUSEF!!!!!!!

Then fix the usercp, and install a rule that states that every female member must have a nude photos for us to see.

Crazy Asian
02-18-2009, 05:06 PM

hey paul whats a limited mod power? PM about this

UpSideDownDesi
02-18-2009, 06:00 PM
IA was and still is in good hands.

RedEj8
02-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Awesome. Hope you have a good vacation!

QuickBrick
02-22-2009, 07:50 PM

If memory serves, it was 03, around the SLAP nats :D Job well done bud...

T

4dmin
02-22-2009, 09:36 PM
I will be fixing the UserCP. There still lots of things that need to be updated and changed on the site. But that is one of the priorities. Hopefully within 2-3 weeks everything will be completed.

The Yousef
02-22-2009, 11:26 PM
BAN PAUL NOW!

David88vert
02-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Good choice with Atif. He was working with computers before I could even really use one. He's always been dependable and will do quite well in supporting the site.

4dmin
02-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks everyone!

Slow Motion
02-24-2009, 01:55 AM
Paul, how are you gonna use "Paul" as your user name?

Paul
02-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Paul, how are you gonna use "Paul" as your user name?

ya it wasn't too creative

Jimmy B
02-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Congrats paul,.. i know IA is a pain.. lol

You should go back to molded veedub or whatever it was..

ATIF, good luck, you know your stuff, so i dont have any doubt in my mind you can do it..

Julio, Paul, now get to you vacation! LOL we will have one on the lake this year,.. at least one day of vacation!

ep9716
02-24-2009, 01:38 PM
LOL At Reps System.

Slow Motion
02-24-2009, 09:38 PM
ya it wasn't too creative

I know, try again.:yes:

Brett
02-25-2009, 04:37 PM
~hangs head~

End of an era lol

SLOWLYbtngU
02-25-2009, 05:21 PM
... calls from the cops to take down pix of naked chicks on the site
ha! I got a call from someone saying I did this...

Apparently people cant create accounts at others house or apt... GBI was called in and everything. I was impressed.

Friggintitsman
02-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Who is this admin guy?

Paul
02-26-2009, 11:11 AM
ha! I got a call from someone saying I did this...

Apparently people cant create accounts at others house or apt... GBI was called in and everything. I was impressed.

LOLERZ - unfortunately we have to hand over info for police investigations.

buddha@TeamFX
02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
If memory serves, it was 03, around the SLAP nats :D Job well done bud...

T

TOM! Damn didn't even know if the old man could still work a key board lol...JK How are you and the family?

SLOWLYbtngU
02-26-2009, 05:45 PM
LOLERZ - unfortunately we have to hand over info for police investigations.
I was still impressed. lol... All over naked pics... :lmfao:

§treet_§peed
02-26-2009, 11:47 PM
o lord. if only half of the people knew about some of the newds i posted we would al be in jail...

RutRoe
03-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Paul, thanks for all you've done for the site and lots of people personally.

Atif, congrats homie. I know you'll do a great job with it

4dmin
03-01-2009, 06:45 PM
You guys dont get to ahead. Paul and Julio are still behind the scenes doing there magic.

Kevykev
03-04-2009, 07:20 AM
You guys dont get to ahead. Paul and Julio are still behind the scenes doing there magic.

Damn, i'm living proof that stickies don't always work, i just saw this thread.

Yo Atif you need to change your name though man.

Ad something to it or some shit, mofo's WILL be thinkin' that you're paul.

LOL at the 2am calls and police business, had no idea that was part of the deal. :lmfao:

How about Atimin or Atifadmin? :lmfao: