PDA

View Full Version : Bad bushings vs good bushings

OMG Its Platz
02-17-2009, 05:42 PM
so went and had my trailing arm bushings replaced today at my buddies shop "AUTOFAB" ..:goodjob:

feels like your rear end of car is driving on ice FYI when there bad, and they were just a little bad :lmfao:

mad the were bad...but now nice and blue and hard;)

swollix
02-17-2009, 06:24 PM
NICE! I need to do mine when I get my car back. How much did they charge you? Which ones did you get?

OMG Its Platz
02-17-2009, 06:29 PM
NICE! I need to do mine when I get my car back. How much did they charge you? Which ones did you get?

ATK or akt (something like that) poliyurathain bushings.... And as far as price.... Let's just say I get hooked up... Let me know when u want it done and I'll talk to thomas

swollix
02-17-2009, 06:45 PM
ATK or akt (something like that) poliyuratain bushings.... And as far as price.... Let's just say I get hooked up... Let me know when u want it done and I'll talk to thomas

Thanks, I looked under my car a few weeks ago and my bushings look the same as your old ones... fucked. I would do them myself, but I don't have the tool, etc. You are getting an alignment now right?

OMG Its Platz
02-17-2009, 06:56 PM
ya man...get that shit fixed asap

..its dangerous to drive with them shotout.

im sure when u dive sometime rear end feels "loose" or like its gonna swing out from under you..

and yes alignment is done;) :goodjob:

ley me know when ya want it and like i said ill talk to him for you:cheers:

Thanks, I looked under my car a few weeks ago and my bushings look the same as your old ones... fucked. I would do them myself, but I don't have the tool, etc. You are getting an alignment now right?

csmiths
02-17-2009, 07:22 PM
that why it happened alex

OMG Its Platz
02-17-2009, 07:26 PM
that why it happened alex

Why his buddy lost it???? LOL LOL LOL that's fuuucked up!

Doubt that's why

But I LOL'd

Benefit
02-17-2009, 07:30 PM
my bro makes a tool for these...

speedminded
02-17-2009, 08:03 PM
my bro makes a tool for these...Your bro is not Moosa is he?

OMG Its Platz
02-17-2009, 09:14 PM
ya so does my buddy

my bro makes a tool for these...

Logan
02-17-2009, 09:31 PM
I need mine done badly as well. 210k on stock bushings FTL.

I can definitely hear them clunk when I drive off in 1st gear.

OMG Its Platz
02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
well if your serious let me know with info on car and ill get ya a good price:goodjob:

I need mine done badly as well. 210k on stock bushings FTL.

I can definitely hear them clunk when I drive off in 1st gear.

csmiths
02-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Why his buddy lost it???? LOL LOL LOL that's fuuucked up!

Doubt that's why

But I LOL'd

haha naw that was a joke, we know thats not the reason. trust me i drove alex to the scene of his wrecked car, it was just a joke.

any news alex?

speedminded
02-17-2009, 10:42 PM
ya so does my buddyWho?

Benefit
02-17-2009, 10:52 PM
yea my bro is moosa...e36 m3...

speedminded
02-17-2009, 10:58 PM
yea my bro is moosa...e36 m3...lol!

Benefit
02-17-2009, 11:12 PM
wut?

speedminded
02-18-2009, 12:56 AM
wut?Cliff notes:
He had a car advertised on Craigslist for sale/parts that he didn't own.

The true owner also had the car for sale on Craigslist.

He was parting out a car on a forum that he didn't own.

I bought the car from the true owner.

He owed several people parts on a forum from a car I bought.

He continued to sell or offer parts for sale on a forum from a car I owned.

I offered him the parts he originally needed the car for and nothing else.

I refused to say where the car was yet he claimed he had never heard of anyone meeting someone with parts for sale, he only goes to their house.

I refused to say where the car was. Last minute I didn't have a truck to deliver the parts so I told him where it was so he could come pick them up.

He instantly admitted he was planning to look for my car and thought that's where it was.

He still owed people several parts from my car.

A week later he's found at 9pm on a Friday night snooping around my car on private property. Parking on the other side of a building and walking around when he could have driven right up to the business.

I let it go for a week until he posted yet again offering parts from my car on a forum.

I publicly threatened his life with full willingness to accept the consequences if found near the property during none business hours.

I hope you're not like your brother! By the way, the engine in my sig is from that car :tongue:

Thighs
02-18-2009, 01:01 AM
^^ lol damn... sounds pretty shady to me.

IIRC, theres not anything to adjust in the rear as far as alignment goes....

speedminded
02-18-2009, 01:26 AM
^^ lol damn... sounds pretty shady to me.

IIRC, theres not anything to adjust in the rear as far as alignment goes....Shady, ha! I found the car(s) on Craigslist so I contacted both of them and luckily the true owner with title in hand got back to me first. I had already bought the car before Moosa returned my e-mail offering to sell me the car minus the parts he needed.

Thinking this sounded fishy I searched his phone number he gave in the e-mail because I knew there was no way there were two identical 328's with the same mileage and same body damage for sale at the same time in Atlanta. I then found the thread on bimmerforums parting out the car, basically pre-selling everything he could since he only needed a few body parts from it. The thread included photos and all that he took at the tow yard without the owners knowledge.

I then offered him the parts he needed and all the other BS happened. My very first post on bimmerforums was in his for sale thread nearly 3 weeks after I bought the car threatening him because he was still promising people parts, lol!

OMG Its Platz
02-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Who?

Thomas

speedminded
02-18-2009, 08:56 AM
la la la

OMG Its Platz
02-18-2009, 09:21 AM
:thinking: :thinking: a lill silver one??

;)

He doesn't make them, he got the one he has from Moosa.

OMG Its Platz
02-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Who?

Thomas

Benefit
02-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Idk lol was this when he got in a wreck and was looking for body parts??

could it be that he was just helping out the owner sell the car?

yea my dad has CNC machines in the basement and my bro fabricates the puller/tool

swollix
02-18-2009, 11:33 AM
haha naw that was a joke, we know thats not the reason. trust me i drove alex to the scene of his wrecked car, it was just a joke.

any news alex?

Magnum says the car is fixed. The ordered me a new lip from Germany and that will take 4 weeks to arrive. They are waiting on my wheels to get here before I get it back, apparently they ordered me new wheels from Germany as well.... Ironically, I saw another wrecked E36 M3 off the side of 75 north today, probably totalled. :no: These cars are not for everyone...

csmiths
02-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Magnum says the car is fixed. The ordered me a new lip from Germany and that will take 4 weeks to arrive. They are waiting on my wheels to get here before I get it back, apparently they ordered me new wheels from Germany as well.... Ironically, I saw another wrecked E36 M3 off the side of 75 north today, probably totalled. :no: These cars are not for everyone...

well thats awesome, they ordered the bbs? so you wont get it back till you get the wheels obviously

swollix
02-18-2009, 06:59 PM
well thats awesome, they ordered the bbs? so you wont get it back till you get the wheels obviously

Yeah, just waiting on wheels now damn it...

csmiths
02-18-2009, 09:44 PM
how long for the wheels to come in?

swollix
02-18-2009, 10:31 PM
how long for the wheels to come in?

idk 10 days from when they ordered it?

HachiDori
02-18-2009, 10:37 PM
I bought a stock airbox from Moosa lol

wannab20hatch
02-19-2009, 03:17 AM
Thomas

is the man! i need to ride out to the new shop. :)

speedminded
02-19-2009, 06:46 AM
I bought a stock airbox from Moosa lolI gave him one and a week later he had one for sale lol.

is the man! i need to ride out to the new shop. :)I'll probably be out there today working on a few things.