PDA

View Full Version : Fire suits, neck braces, etc...

Evolunchbox
02-17-2009, 04:04 PM
I was curious if anyone has experience with buying a fire suit for drag racing or any other kind of racing for that matter. I plan on stepping up my game this year and in the case of rules being a problem and an accidental fire, I want to be ready.

I would prefer to have a full suit, gloves, not sure if I need a neck brace(??), and maybe the shoes. I know for the full mile you need all of those things and that is eventually where I would like to end up after having fun in the 1/4.

All help is greatly appreciated!:cheers:

Elbow
02-17-2009, 04:11 PM
I have a full suit and neck brace for sale if you are interested...PM me if you are.

Sport1.3
02-17-2009, 04:22 PM
What SFI rating do your rules require, if any?

A good SFI 5/FIA rated suit/gloves/shoes etc would benefit you if you plan on racing under several different organizations. (ie drag racing and road racing)

G-Force Racing Gear makes everything you need, in whatever SFI requirement you need.

www.Gforce.com

local dealers
www.Racerwholesale.com
www.Summitracing.com
www.Discoveryparts.com
www.aargear.com
www.HMSmotorsports.com

Sport1.3
02-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Dont waste your money on expensive suits, especially for a first timer (ie. Sparco/OMP). All SFI rated suits must pass the same Tests in order to be certified. Most in fact have the exact same TPP rating or higher than other suits costing thousands more.

matthewAPM
02-17-2009, 04:29 PM
I have an Alpinestars suit and I love it.

I would get nothing less then a 2 layer suit. It really depends on body type on what suit you want to get.

If you want cheap suit...go to K1 racing gear or G-Force

If you want a good suit, go to Alpinestars, Sparco, Puma, or OMP

For a neck brace, it depends on what you want. If you want just a basic neck brace, get a G-Force neck brace. If you want a head restraint system, get a Hans Device. I would recommend getting one. They are kinda expensive, but is breaking your neck or dying worth it? I think so...

Sport1.3
02-17-2009, 04:33 PM
^ word. a Double layer Nomex suit would be perfect for pretty much anything.

Elbow
02-17-2009, 06:03 PM
He said drag though, if you plan on doing just drag some crazy suit isn't needed unless you are driving a crazy fast car. But really I have a suit and brace for well under $100 SFI rated and everything, like brand new worn once.

Evolunchbox
02-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Thank you guys for all the help. This should get me started in the right direction.

Init2winit
02-17-2009, 07:29 PM
I was curious if anyone has experience with buying a fire suit for drag racing or any other kind of racing for that matter. I plan on stepping up my game this year and in the case of rules being a problem and an accidental fire, I want to be ready.

I would prefer to have a full suit, gloves, not sure if I need a neck brace(??), and maybe the shoes. I know for the full mile you need all of those things and that is eventually where I would like to end up after having fun in the 1/4.

All help is greatly appreciated!:cheers:What exactly do you want to know? Summit has that stuff in stock. You can go down there and they'll let you try the stuff on before you buy it.

Init2winit
02-17-2009, 07:29 PM
I do suggest getting a multi layer suit. And if you don't want to spend a ton of money, you can buy g-force stuff.

Elbow
02-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Mine is for sale if anyone is interested http://importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219311

JKOBD
02-17-2009, 08:25 PM
What do you run in the 1/4? Many regulations are based on your class, ET, mph, etc. I had to step up the suit rating and add shoes, gloves, etc. when I went over 150mph and am shooting for 9s.

I didn't go all out and spend some crazy loot. Go to Summit and check them out. You can even try it on if you want to.

TopSpeedInc
02-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Barnett Performance may have stuff in stock. As well as Discovery Parts.

They have a lot of good stuff you can try on and see how things fit.

Take care!

Tray M
TopSpeed Inc.
866-94SPEED