PDA

View Full Version : The gears are being ground...

quickdodgeŽ
02-16-2009, 08:26 PM
What do you call a cow with no legs?

Ground beef.

But seriously. Do any of you guys that pay bills have any where you have to pay the company a fee for accepting your bill payment? What the hail is up with that? There are several places like that out there. I paid my trash bill today and the lady tells me there is a $3.00 fee for me to pay my bill. What is the service that I receive for this bill? Apparently, the service is they will accept my payment. This makes about as much sense as an elephant masturbating to the sound of paint drying on the West wall of an apartment building in Sioux City, IA. They could at least try to hide this sham within the bill and call it some sort of extra trash tax or even raise the cost of service $3 so it's not so blatant. Can anyone ante up a legit, or even logical explanation why this happens?

Thank you. Later, QD.

Sir_Christopher
02-16-2009, 08:33 PM
i pay all my bills and i never have had to pay a fine, but hey, maybe its cause of someone wanting a tip for doing your trash, and 3 dollars from everyone on ther route will make some good money, but thats just nonsence, or is it haha.

nreggie454
02-16-2009, 08:34 PM
People love adding charges whenever they can to make the economy hurt a little less.

For example, the company I work for uses Wachovia as its bank. I use a different bank which isn't in Georgia, so I chose to do direct deposit. Since that takes a while to process, I had to cash my first couple checks because they couldn't direct deposit yet. I went directly to a Wachovia assuming there would be no problems. I was wrong. Since I do not use Wachovia, they charged me $5 out of each of my paychecks to cash a check that costs ZERO for them to process. Total BS.

FlipKing
02-16-2009, 08:39 PM
My insurance company does it, and my old phone company did it.

Sir_Christopher
02-16-2009, 08:45 PM
My insurance company does it, and my old phone company did it.

thats some straight up donky dick!!

Motivation
02-16-2009, 08:56 PM
People love adding charges whenever they can to make the economy hurt a little less.

For example, the company I work for uses Wachovia as its bank. I use a different bank which isn't in Georgia, so I chose to do direct deposit. Since that takes a while to process, I had to cash my first couple checks because they couldn't direct deposit yet. I went directly to a Wachovia assuming there would be no problems. I was wrong. Since I do not use Wachovia, they charged me $5 out of each of my paychecks to cash a check that costs ZERO for them to process. Total BS.

But with that you are actually paying for a legit service. You are not a customer of theirs so you don't get the benefits of their customers. So, their fee is understandable.

dorin48
02-16-2009, 09:30 PM
This makes about as much sense as an elephant masturbating to the sound of paint drying on the West wall of an apartment building in Sioux City, IA.

That is my new sig. Gotta be the wildest thing I've read in a while :lmfao:

blaknoize
02-16-2009, 09:32 PM
I have to do that if I pay my gas bill if i dont pay for it through walmart or something. Also my phone and CC do that. Sucks and makes no sense. I dont charge them a fee for accepting my payment

Kasper
02-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Id start charging them a fee for it! im sure there is a way to make it possible for them to get charged to take your payment! someone should write a letter to a credit card company stateing that your now going to charge a fee for them to recieve your payment! just to see what they say!

87 Turbo II
02-16-2009, 10:19 PM
You need to paypall me $.03 for reading this post.

[email protected]

kthnxbai

Master Shake
02-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Can anyone ante up a legit, or even logical explanation why this happens?

Thank you. Later, QD.maybe a transaction fee?
either way, its straight homo of them.

J-ROCK
02-17-2009, 02:13 AM
wtf! and suntrust does the same thing with my checks $5 to cash a check but if i have an account with them it costs nothing!

JITB
02-17-2009, 02:21 AM
comcast has a fee to pay your bill over the phone, instead of online...retarded..

what the fuck is the difference!!!!!!!

J-ROCK
02-17-2009, 02:34 AM
comcast has a fee to pay your bill over the phone, instead of online...retarded..

what the fuck is the difference!!!!!!!

just another way to rip you off

§treet_§peed
02-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Just a more legit way to price gauge.

4dmin
02-17-2009, 09:17 AM
companies are doing this to sway people to use automated services... my company just moved to charging customers 10$ service fee for any order that isn't electronic ;)

Dr.G35
02-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Best Buy charges me 15 dollars everytime i pay over the phone and its just for accepting the payment. its just another way for them to sqeeze some money out of people.

Tech5
02-17-2009, 10:13 AM
What do you call a cow with no legs?

Ground beef.

But seriously. Do any of you guys that pay bills have any where you have to pay the company a fee for accepting your bill payment? What the hail is up with that? There are several places like that out there. I paid my trash bill today and the lady tells me there is a $3.00 fee for me to pay my bill. What is the service that I receive for this bill? Apparently, the service is they will accept my payment. This makes about as much sense as an elephant masturbating to the sound of paint drying on the West wall of an apartment building in Sioux City, IA. They could at least try to hide this sham within the bill and call it some sort of extra trash tax or even raise the cost of service $3 so it's not so blatant. Can anyone ante up a legit, or even logical explanation why this happens?

Thank you. Later, QD.

Most payments online or creditcards they charge that fee nothing wrong with that.....If you mail it in then you will not have to pay that $3.00..I do mine online too but most of mine that dont ask for me to pay that, now if I call them an use my card then they do...

Now when you go to a oil change place they charge a $3-$5 fee for EPA waste...now thats bullshitt because every oil company out there like safteyKleen they come get their old oil for free ...So I have to pay that charge for what!

So I tell the oil changers I want my old oil and they say why?
I say because I am not paying for a EPA waste charge I will take the oil and pour it into the ground how will they like that shitt!!!!
Yeah I know illegal I was just saying that out of being pissed off....Its just another way for everyone to make money but ME!

Blitanicle99
02-17-2009, 10:16 AM
my GA power bill, naturual gas bill and Comcast bill all do that crap. Its F***in gay.

MongolPup
02-17-2009, 11:49 AM
companies are doing this to sway people to use automated services... my company just moved to charging customers 10$ service fee for any order that isn't electronic ;)

PAUL IS PART OF THE PROBLEM, NOT THE CURE! LYNCH MOB!

MongolPup
02-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Now when you go to a oil change place they charge a $3-$5 fee for EPA waste...now thats bullshitt because every oil company out there like safteyKleen they come get their old oil for free ...So I have to pay that charge for what!

That's why I say fuck to man! I dump my old oil on school playgrounds at night! ANARCHY!

Tech5
02-17-2009, 12:22 PM
That's why I say fuck to man! I dump my old oil on school playgrounds at night! ANARCHY!

lol...I don't go that far but yeah its bullshit!

Master Shake
02-17-2009, 02:07 PM
maybe a transaction feethat sounds reasonable.