PDA

View Full Version : Misc Dropkick Murphys

FasTech
02-16-2009, 02:59 AM
Anyone like them? I kinda dig the Irish rock sound. Any other good bands along these lines out their?

:cheers:

NewGen33
02-16-2009, 03:35 AM
Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping off To Boston ftw

stillaneon
02-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Flogging Molly??

GTScoob
02-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Pogues, The Tossers, Flogging Molly to name a few. Dropkick is way harder/punker than the rest.

American kids trying to make celtic sounding punk :screwy: :screwy: :lmfao:

Type any of these bands into pandora and you'll probably get a host of copycat bands. There's a really badass scottish punk band i used to listen to back in the day but i just lost all of my music so i cant find them, bagpipes and all, none of this pussy celtic flute shit.

Total_Blender
02-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Pogues FTW.

Also check out

Shane MacGowan and the Popes (Shane is also in the Pogues)

The Dubliners

The Chieftans

Christy Moore (a dude)

Shane MacGowan and Christy Moore... nowhere near as hard as Dropkick but still as Irish as Guinness served at room temperature. :cheers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iUEwB4ME3I

FasTech
02-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Dropkick is way harder/punker than the rest.

Thats why I love it.... So, their isn't much other hard irish rock like Dropkick?

NAMNORI
02-20-2009, 11:13 AM
uh no Dropkick Murphys are as hard as they as far as ive heard and yes Flogging Molly and The Pouges are damn good, But sometimes Flogging Molly is too soft.

Ricker112
02-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Flogging Molly is similar just a bit softer but good. Dubliners = Bad Ass! Dropkick Murphys have been a favorite of mine for a while. Nice to see some other people digging it. Dig deeper than shipping up to boston. There are some really good jams. Listen to the Warriors Code then go get drunk!

FasTech
02-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Flogging Molly is similar just a bit softer but good. Dubliners = Bad Ass! Dropkick Murphys have been a favorite of mine for a while. Nice to see some other people digging it. Dig deeper than shipping up to boston. There are some really good jams. Listen to the Warriors Code then go get drunk!

I've loved Dropkick Murphys since the first time I heard them... For some reason, I just don't care for Flogging Molly that much. I have just about every DM'd song on my playlist. Warriors code is deff. a very good song.

Nissan Sean
02-20-2009, 08:30 PM
i had a buddy who was obssesed with Drop Kick Murphies.... honestly i cant stand them. i think they are some of the most annoying shit to ever enter my ears.. that being said. they are definitely unique.

frankXVX
02-26-2009, 09:56 PM
DKM is the shi* go to one of their shows and you will have a blast the front roll is murder,the new cd (meanest of times) is pretty good but the old stuff rules
-the gangs all here
-time to go
- boys on the docks
ect.... check out the briggs-leaving the waves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DaY4LlMPoQ

frankXVX
02-26-2009, 10:05 PM
p.s get dropkick murphys Singles Collection Vol. 2
that cd is the sh*t